Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills
$182
$131
Agoda.com
1,017 results
All reviewsemory universitythe shuttle driverstaying at this hotelwould stay here againenjoyed my stayfitness centerconvenient locationdruidsinterstatedowntownatlmarta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed at Doubletree Hotel in North Druid Hills Atlanta for a conference. The hotel is exactly what I expect in this level of a hotel, so I was quite satisfied (great place to come home to after a long days work). Curtains block out every inch of light for a great sleep, and the heating/cooling system in the room is very responsive. The hotel staff was always friendly and willing to help. If you ask them, they can drive you in their shuttle to areas close by (such as the Lenox Square Mall). My company rented several vans for transportation so traffic was not that much of an issue to get to the downtown area of Atlanta (HOV lanes) - There isn't much happening around the hotel so you need travel a bit by car to see anything. Overall great stay and great staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hello LS058,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Upon arrival was greeted very friendly. Hotel Staff was also friendly and helpful. I would suggest that the restaurant and bar stay open for lunch and dinner. Love that parking was accessible and free! I missed telephone directory in hotel room. This hotel has great location, easy to travel out to other parts of the city. I always stay at this Double Tree when I visit Atlanta, love the place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well kept. The restaurant staff was eager to help. The exercise room was well stocked with clean towels and the equipment was always clean. I would have given an excellent rating but there was a lot of highway noise at night with the rooms facing the highway.

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the hotel for less highway noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Good Day Tom C,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The room I had possessed a stale and stuffy odor! It was clean, but smelled terrible. Everything needs to be cleaned, including carpet, drapes, windows, walls, bedding and furniture. Spraying will not be enough!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hello Ms. Judith P,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the room had a stale & stuffy odor and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The rooms are HORRIBLE!!! Needs a desperate renovation and when they are done with that, tear it all down and start over. I stayed here for a convention for my company and was disgusted. The carpet was horrible, a ROACH, yes, a ROACH was next to my bed (nice to see right before you step into bed), the closet doors were coming off their hinges, bathroom was horrible.. Just a terrible experience. Drive a little further to either the Hampton Inn down the street or the Marriott at Century Center.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hello Mr. Brent T,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy your room and overall stay with us. You also noted that the closet door is coming off the hinges. I can assure you that this matter has been taken care of and has been shared with the correct departments.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.