“Disappointed”

Ranked #101 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The lobby was lovely and the location convenient. The front desk folks were helpful BUT the rest of the hotel was very dark and dated. The hallways too dark and a bit depressing for my personal taste. Food outside of room doors were left outside all night during my stay. I would have to think twice before choosing this location. The brand is usually dependable. Probably just time for a total renovation of hallways and individual rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Good Day Sheila T,

Thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time out to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the hotel was dated, and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thaddeus Hobson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Villanova, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. I would definitely stay here again on another trip to Altlanta. It was very comfortable and reasonably priced. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and the cookies were delicious!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Good Day Miriam S,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

College Park, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Upon the my arrival to the Doubletree, the front desk clerk greeted me with a wide smile after assistance other patron. And, I receive a cookie for staying @ the Doubletree. The check-in process was great.

Good Day Arrington T,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My room was ready on time. The hotel was very clean the staff was also very friendly. When I requested more towels they were brought to me right away. I will be going back. The price was right and was minutes away from the college.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Good Day Trip Advisor Member,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked this hotel because of its location. It was in an ideal location for the places we needed to visit in and around Atlanta. To a person, staff members were courteous, friendly and helpful. The building is not up to the standards I expect from DoubleTree. Low ceilings, worn carpet, strange configuration all confirmed that the building is old and has been converted into a DoubleTree. One of the three elevators did not function the entire length of our stay. One of the remaining elevators got stuck between floors. The remaining elevator was extremely slow. I wish the great staff could be transferred into a newer building.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Good Day Trip Advisor Member,

You noted that the elevators were not working properly and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room was clean and comfy the bed was much better than many hotels. The hotel is starting to show its age and is due a Renovation. The staff is outstanding friendly and very polite. I will be back for sure.

Good Day Paulw99,

You noted that the hotel was due a renovation. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us achieve that goal.

I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Seems like to often when I approached hotel staff they were texting on their cell phones :/ (front desk/bar tender/valet) I know everyone is very connected with their cell phones now days but when you are at work and in the service industry that should not be the case. Hotel was nice, clean but no frig in the rooms. Don't get me wrong, I will stay there again but hoping for a little better service next time. Close to everything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Good Afternoon Retiredflake,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the staff was using cell phones and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

Thaddeus Hobson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - North Druid Hills
Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory
Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead
Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!