“Average room, terrible pricey breakfast”

Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills
Ranked #92 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The service was great, but average accommodations. The breakfast was a continental breakfast, no other choices and it was way expensive and way worse than the usual complimentary continental breakfast. The choices were very limited and just really not good quality. With the other hotels options in this uninteresting/sketchy part of town, I would pick somewhere else entirely.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Good Day Anne R,

Firstly, let me thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on TripAdisor. It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that the breakfast was not up to standards you have come to expect from Hilton Brand Properties, and I can assure you that this matter has been taken care of and has been shared with the correct departments.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thaddeus Hobson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff were outstanding and friendly. Rooms were clean, and the hotel was quiet . . . . we were comfortable, and the location is very convenient. A great value for your dollar - we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Day Member,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to locate us on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive review has already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stay in Hilton properties almost exclusively as I have reached elite status in their rewards program and that makes it easier to choose their properties. My stay in this property is because I am moving out of state and needed a temporary location to call home in between my move and an international trip.

Four days is a long time to stay in rooms these small, especially if you're on the road often, as I am. They are definitely sized more like a boutique hotel than that of the popular Doubletree chain. In fact, I booked a King bed room and there is no way I had a king bed. It might have been a queen, but my other half remarked that it felt much more like his double bed than my queen at home.

The staff here is excellent. They are friendly and attentive and they go the extra mile. Don't expect a view from this hotel, however. One side is freeway, the other is McD's, a pawn shop and another hotel and small shops. That's just the area itself.

Overall, I'd stay here again if the location was convenient and the hotel continued to beat other properties (there is a Hampton across the way) in the area with regard to price. That said, when I return from my trip, I am glad to be staying at a different hotel. This one was fine for one night or a weekend where one doesn't plan on being in the hotel very long, but anything more than that and it gets real small real soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Good Afternoon Annalise K,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time out to find us on TripAdvisor and for your review.

You noted that the room was small and that the bed was barely king in size, and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Not up to par in my book
The price of it should have tipped me off
Staff informed me its only bee a doubletree for a few years, and they should give it back to whatever chain used to own it.
Seemed like were using some sort of deodorized to hide some smell
Service in the restaurant for breakfast was deplorable
Won't ever geo back

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room but I only saw my floor

Good Day Jwilltellu,

Firstly, let me thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us and leave a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that The Doubletree was not up to the standards you have come to expect from the Hilton chain and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed at two different Double Tree Hotels this past week. Not sure which was worse..the dirty stains all over the carpet ( I mean ALL over the carpet...big gross ones) that was right next to the ice machine! Room service closed during lunch-time..hard to reach staff...OR the room that totally stunk of smoke so bad I could barely sleep and then felt ill the next day. This one also came with staff that were very hard to get hold of. Two nights to many,,never again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Carin D,

I want to thank you for the time you took to leave us a review here on TripAdvisor and would like to talk to you in more detail about your recent stay here at our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime on the number listed below.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The location and cleanliness of this hotel is beyond terrible. While the staff was friendly and efficent, the severity of the hotel's accomodations were not up to standard. I would not reccommend staying at this location ever again.

Samantha F,

Thank you for the time you took to leave us a review. I would love to speak to you in more detail about your recent stay here.

Please feel free to contact me at the number listed below.

404-321-4174

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is a good value for the price. I would rate it as a good hotel, but perhaps a little below average for the price. Ask for a room not facing the freeway. The room was clean and the hotel was mostly up to date and well furnished. I would stay here again for this price or a better price, if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Brad B,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on TripAdvisor and for leaving a review. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive scores have already been shared with our team members.

Thaddeus Hobson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
#91 of 174 in Atlanta

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!