“Theft by employees”

Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills
Ranked #91 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stay away from this hotel if you have valuables. My Mom had very meaningful family jewelry stolen from her suitcase during a weekend stay in which we booked several rooms. It was also unusual that housekeeping went into the room between 9-11pm during the evening and even used the bathroom. The hotel did comp the stay which wasn't nearly worth the replacement value of the jewlery which can never be replaced as it has been passed down through the family. They claimed to be investigating and after a few weeks....still no word. Security and guest safety seem to be an issue at this hotel and there are many other options close by. We will not be honoring Hilton again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank J523144
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Good Afternoon J523144,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay here and we would like you to know that we do take your claim very seriously. We are currently investigating this incident and our insurance company has been contacted as well.

Please feel free to contact me in the mean time if you have any questions.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The property is close to Emery University and the CDC. The staff are helpful and the hotel is in good shape. The very odd thing was the lack of parking. In the evening it appeared that people were driving in and leaving because there were no spaces free. I don't know how they deal with that..but I decided to stay rather than chance it. Breakfast las several options with escalating price. I was suprized that they did make omelets. I have forgotten the name of the very nice woman who was working managing breakfast really shared her upbeat personality. It was a good way to start the day. If gluten free there are choices besises the items that you obviously need to avoid.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CeliacTraveler
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Good Morning RachelNJ_333,

Thank you so much for taking the time to find us on TripAdvisor and leave such a positive review. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were impressed with this hotel from the start, but continued to appreciate the staff's hospitality throughout our stay. The staff at this hotel - especially Jessica, Hashima, James and Dominique - were extremely responsive, helpful and friendly to travelers stranded in Atlanta due to Hurricane Sandy. In addition, there's a free shuttle to the train station and to the local mall. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Atlanta.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This appears to be an older Doubletree Hotel that is in need of updating. Here on business and stayed on the recommendation of our client. The hotel is conveniently located to I-85. The hotel decor is in shades of brown which gives it a dark appearance. The food in the restaurant was tasty and reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant. We did not want to head out on the town after a long day. The lounge area is not very large. The bartender was also the server; however, she was cheerful and attentive considering the large crowd in the lounge. There was a large workout area; however, three of the four treadmills were broken. It was chilly and I did not check out the pool or even note that they had one. The business center was nice with two computers and a printer. My room was once again in the browns; therefore, dark. That said, the room was comfortable and clean. There was a nice work area, in-room coffee, and a comfortable sitting chair. The room was cozy/small; however, not cramped. Overall, a pleasant stay and good experience.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway to reduce noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Good Afternoon QuietmanTravels,

Thank you very much for taking the time to find us on TripAdvisor and taking the time to leave a review.

Feedback is very important to us and we take all reviews seriously. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay here with us. We understand that the hotel may have appeared a bit outdated, but we are constantly working to upgrade the hotel and make it look new again.

We do hope to see you during your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We checked in late and there was guests hanging out in the lobby waiting for security to come back because there was a problem with the door to their room. The staff member checked us in and said our room out loud in front of other guest which made us feel uncomfortable. We headed up to our room and there was a dead roach and blood in the elevator. We entered the room and it smelled like bug spray. The room was not inviting. The toilet paper was hanging off the wall. We didn't even open our suitcases. We stayed about 10 minutes and decided to go to another hotel. The deadbolt was even loose on the door. I have never been is such a dirty hotel!!! We left and stayed at the W and had the experience you should have at a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My bed sheet when I arrived had what could only be described as a brown substance on it (NO LIE!). I placed a wake up call for 6:30a.m. and i never received the phone call. Thank goodness I had my phone as a backup but this was just one of the many instances why i gave this hotel a poor rating. elevators are horrible. Their restaurant prices are extremely over priced. STAY ELSEWHERE!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Firstly, let me thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to seek us out on TripAdvisorr. It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that the elevator was dirty and that you did not receive your wakeup call and I can assure you that this matter has been taken care of and has been shared with the correct departments.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

IIf I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hotel was modernly decorated however room seemed dark to me. The lights in the bathroom, while attractive, made shadows when I was putting on my make-up. No bathmat for inside the tub. There was no on-site parking either night I stayed so I was advised where to park next door. The location is very convenient. The bed was very comfortable and shower was great. I stayed here because it had better reviews than the place I stayed last time (Extended Stay on Peachtree). I think I'll stay there next time and save a few bucks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Cathy L,

Thank you for staying at my Doubletree and for the review of the hotel.

I am glad you found the bed to be comfortable and the shower to be to your liking. I do however, apologize for the light being dim and apologize that you had issues finding a parking space. We do understand that these items are important to our guest and please be assured that we are currently working on a solution for them.

We do look forward to another chance to meet your needs on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

404.321.4174

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
#93 of 173 in Atlanta
Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!