“Definitely would stay here again”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #31 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Istanbul, Turkey
“Definitely would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Like everyone else here says, the customer service is off-the-charts. The only setbacks are the pricey parking and $12/day wi-fi in the room, but that is par for the course. The on-site dining, the computing center and the gym are particularly good.
I'd also recommend the nearby "Truva" restaurant - Turkish and Mediterranean-based cuisine - it's a short stroll to good food, a great bar, and great staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dalaguete
ErminJusufovic, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Thank you very much for recognizing the efforts of our staff and highlighting some of the special features of our property. We are only minutes away from some great restaurants and attractions and I am glad you got to try some of them. We hope to see you again next time you visit our city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

The Sherton Altanta staff provided the BEST customer service I have ever experienced. I was truly impressed by the professional and friendly staff. I usually perfer the Hyatt, Hilton or Marriot hotels, but I would return to the Atlanta Sherton.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thanks so much for recognizing the staff! See you next time you're in Atlanta!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

I was aware that my group’s annual conference would be affected by the economy, so I didn’t know what to expect from the Sheraton Atlanta. I thought the more reasonable cost would translate into a step down in quality. I was wrong. I was truly amazed by the amenities offered by this hotel, including an outstanding health facility. The staff was attentive and helpful, the rooms were quiet and comfortable, and the location could not have been better. It is certainly on a par or above many of the more expensive hotels we have used in the past. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
We really appreciate the kind words! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

This is one of the best hotels I've had the pleasure of working with. The staff here makes you feel like you're at home and is always eager to please. I was always greeted by name and made to feel that everything is possible. The Sheraton Link is one of the best internet locations I've encountered. Attending a convention in Atlanta, or just having a relaxing getaway, look no further...this is the place to stay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thanks very much for your remarks on the hotel and staff. We're really proud of our service team!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

Recently traveled to Atlanta on business and stayed at the SAH for 1 night. Valet & FD Staff was very engaging & friendly. Room was clean & quiet and location was really convenient. Definitely plan on staying at the SAH next time I'm in Atlanta.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ErminJusufovic, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always nice to hear great things about our staff and the hotel. Our staff takes great pride in what they do and work very hard to ensure all of our guests receive the best service possible. We hope to see you again soon.
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

We live about an hour north of Atlanta and we always stay at the Sheraton Atlanta when we have plans in the city. We've stayed their 10+ times in the past three years and we've always had a great experience. It's so close to the World of Coke, America's Mart, Phillips Arena and Ga Aquarium that you can easily walk and save $$$ on parking at those venues. We had a concert at Phillips on Sunday night and stayed over on Monday to enjoy the World of Coke, Varsity and Aquarium with the kids.

The staff is VERY nice, always friendly, smiling and willing to go the extra mile. The staff is the club level lounge is the BEST. During one of our stays, the club level attendant made a special trip to the downstair restaurant when our son wanted a different cereal for breakfast. THANK YOU!!!! She even remembered us from our previous stay. I can tell you this doesn't happen at other downtown hotels. Managers are always working the lobby and restaurants and are quick to help in any way. The General Manager even asked our son how he liked the Varsity when he saw our son wearing the famous Varsity hat in the lobby. Nice attention to detail.

They have revonated the rooms and lobby areas(on par with the W hotels) and something always changes from one stay to another. We love the Heavenly beds and of course my wife wants one to take home everytime we stay there. Since our last stay, they moved the computers from the lobby to the second floor near the restaurants. Great touch and well done. The business computers had the newest version of Microsoft which my "new" personnel computer doesn't even have. Our kids LOVE the heated pool and the retractable roof which has a nice view of the skyline.

Overall Great hotel and we will be back soon.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you very much for your feedback and continued patronage. We love to hear such great comments about our staff. Our club staff is especially phenomenal and we are absolutely proud to have such great personalities on our team. We have spent $20 million on the property in the recent years and are happy you were able to recognize and enjoy the physical attributes of the hotel as well. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back with us soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

I stayed Mon- Friday for business purposes. First of all self-parking is $21 and valet is $26, which are both steep. I had to figure out later myself that you had to insert your room key for the deck and it is automatically charged to your room. I didn't know this after the first night and I had pulled a ticket from the machine instead. Upon exiting the deck in the morning I couldn't get out so a valet guy met me and I paid him the $21 to exit (I told him I was staying there). Well the extra $21 charge still showed up on my credit card. I talked to Mia at guest services and explained what happened; however she would not assist me with the charge and was not in the least helpful about finding the valet guy that I paid to exit.

The room was adequate with comfortable bed and pillows. The housekeeping service was also very friendly.

I enjoyed the gym- it has about 10 cardio machines, some free weights and one bench (the area for weights was small though) and 5 cybex machines.

Bruce a bartender at Fandangles was nice- I got a salad to go from there. The room service prices are outrageous- I have seen better prices at the Four Seasons. (Sheraton charges $15 for yogurt parfait plus $3.00 delivery fee, taxes, and 20% gratuity).

The location is downtown and in a busy area- close to I-75/85 which is convenient.

So one night I went to the vending machine on my floor and ended losing $2.75 to the machine trying to get a $2 diet coke. I called guest services to let them know that machine needed to be repaired and she noted this was not 1st time this happened. So a few minutes later a bellboy brings me a diet coke and I asked if I explained what happened with the vendng machine and told him thanks for the drink. Well I was thinking this soda was complimentary since I had lost my money but upon asking him if I needed to pay he tells me that any gratuity is greatly appreciated. So I gave him $3. So I then talk to guest services again to tell them I basically paid over $5 for this diet coke because I felt I had to tip the kid. So what do they do but put the manager on the phone to tell me they sent the bellboy back to my room to give me back the $3 because he was not supposed to ask for a tip. I told the manager I just wanted the vending machine fixed and I was not going to take back the money I gave the bellboy. I definitely would not have made a call in the first place had I known how they handle things.

Basically I would not stay in this hotel again if I had to pay for it. I paid slightly over $200 per night for my stay including the valet charges.

• Stayed January 2011
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
These are great comments and thank you for posting them. I apologize for the valet and in room dining service issues. We will use them as training tools for the staff to ensure these types of challenges don't happen again. I assure you that they are not indicative of our normal service levels. We also appreciate that you provided comments on specific associates so that we can praise and coach them properly.