“great location/ parking expensive”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #47 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 17, 2010

went to the atlanta area for a convacation. this hotel was very nice, but the rooms were very small! if you are chosing to spend a lot of time in the room, with more than 1 other person, then it will be very tight. By our 3rd night stay the ac unit in the room started leaking....mantinence responded quick. the parking was very expensinve.. 21 dollars a night for self parking.. but convinent location, to be able to walk to varios resturants and attractions... i would recommend for the location... and the price we got was reasonable also

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lovelife2010
salperez, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2010

We appreciate your honest feedback. I am happy to see that overall you had a pleasant stay, yet I do apologize that the size of your accommodations didn't meet your expectations. I would like to assure you that our room sizes are quite comparable to our neighboring hotels. Regarding our parking fee of $21, I will say that you are in fact correct regarding this. In downtown Atlanta parking is very limited and it is the norm for all hotels to charge for parking. On the positive side I would like to mention that we are one of the very few that offer self parking options and that we have priced this the lowest in our market. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you again for your next visit to Atlanta.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,262)

Reviewed July 14, 2010

Stayed overnight here to enjoy the downtown tourist highlights of Atlanta...nice location, rooms with crisp air and very clean! garden pool with open/close dome very nice, our kids enjoyed it. Within walking distance to sites. The staff is is VERY nice and helpful! Loved the southern hospitality...give a thank you and receive a " my pleasure" in return always!! and with a smile!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your comments. As you read through our other reviews you will find that our pride and joy here is our staff. I assure you we will share your comments with our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I was initially a little concerned because of some of the prior reviews regarding noise and employees, but found them to be unfounded on my stay.
The hotel has a very nice pool area. Resort like. Large pool, hot tub. It seems that at any given time of the day, you can find sun or shade around the pool, depending on your preference.
Nice fitness area. Well maintained, like the rest of the hotel. 5 treadmills, 5 epileptical machines, 4 stationary bikes, dumbbells up to 50 lbs, and also cable machines. A little packed in, but certainly usable. towels are provided. Here's a bonus: two washers and two dryers, both free. Soap available for purchase 75 cents.
The room was spacious. i was on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor, which may have different sized rooms. Very quiet. No microwave or fridge. Central Air rather than the ones sticking out the windows, and floor to ceiling windows. Typical lotions, soaps, but also had mouthwash and que tips. which you don't often see anymore. Beds are medium firm, with 4 pillows.
I didn't eat in the hotel. They do have a small convenience store inside. There is dining close by. Hardrock cafe, hooters, mexican place, and a diner easy walking distance, 1/2 to 1 block away. It appeared to be safe to walk there. Also a brazilian steak house and italian place within a block. There is a food court and other shops about a half a block away where the Bank of America is located, between the mexican place and the diner.

If any negative, I found it to be it's proximity to the Georgia World Convention Center. I don't know how they measured it for the website (.4 miles), but it's a hard 8-9 blocks. uphill and downhill. I had expected the hotel shuttle to take me, but they wouldn't. When I called the front desk the night before, they told me the shuttle started operating at 7 am, but it was one of those downtown communal shuttles that came on the other side of the street. They didn't say it wasn't their shuttle, and it ran on no actual schedule. It didn't start any time in particular, and I never saw it. My son and I waited about 20 minutes, then decided to walk. I did see an airport link shuttle downtown, and asked them about it. They said that the downtown shuttle should start around 10:00 am, but he hadn't seen it all day (it was noon). So the taxi ride is $10 for two people, $12 for three.

I might also mention that Sal has responded to each complaint on this board, so I think their management in conscientious and wants to do well by its patrons. Kudos to Sal. I have no reservations about recommending this hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

I thank you for your pleasant and honest feedback. And thank you for noticing our diligence when it comes to managing our guests expectations. I also am very sorry for any confusion regarding shuttle service. To make it entirely clear the hotel does not offer shuttle service. I am investigating with my staff to see where we could have led you astray and will make sure that it doesn’t happen again. Again we thank you for the feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

Very nice hotel in downtown Atlanta. The rooms are nice and clean. The bed seemed more comfortable than usual.

Restaurant was nice, albeit with odd decor - netting curtains as dividers. Food (breakfast buffet) was quite good and seemed to resist the Atlanta trend of oversalting all restaurant foods.

The courtyard indoor outdoor pool was a nice saltwater pool.

A nice hotel with Some of the most friendly and helpful associates I have ever encountered. Their friendliness felt very sincere and made a nice hotel stay in to a great experience.

salperez, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

Thank you very much for your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

This is a reasonably priced hotel with excellent basic amenities. The room was small for two people. The bathroom was basic. The food was edible and wholesome. Free internet available. Late night snack and bar available.If you are looking for a luxurious stay, avoid staying here.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
salperez, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2010

Thank you for your feedback. It is only through feedback such as this we can continually improve the level of service we provide.

Part of our renovation process was extending some of the rooms in the hotel. The extended rooms feature two queen size beds or a king bed and have lot of left over relaxation space.

We passed your comments to the chef. The menus throughout the hotel have been revised and new food choices include some great presentations in addition to the local flavor.

Our internet café area offers a place where you can connect with family and friends while you are away. The internet access there is complimentary to all guests and the lounge also offers a large LCD TV when you need a break.

The hotel offers a lot of different room options and upgrades and all of our rooms feature new white linens and LCD TVs. Take a tour of the hotel (link to the virtual tour) and see for yourself what we have to offer.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Hotwire has this listed as a 4 star hotel, it is not. The rooms are nice that is where it stops. The parking situation is terrible, I am still trying to get hold of Valerie Harper in accounting to get my $21 credited for their overcharge. I was traveling with a six year old and you have a small blue line to walk on in a dark parking lot. Pay for some more lights!!!! They initially charge you $58 and no one gives you a good answer for what it is for. Something about parking but when you exit they tell you your $21 has not been paid?? WTF. While there we waited for a cab a valet and a manager joked with each other about a girl in a graphic sexual manner, they could see I had a six year old with me. Security is an issue as well, there was a rap concert in the evening and people were yelling and screaming in the halls like idiots at 11:30, security took forever to come and seem to be scared by the group. Don't wasted your money despite the alleged four star rating and "facelift" I doubt the GM gives a crap either.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. It is our goal to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our guests with various needs.

Unlike our competitors in the we are the only hotel that offers a variety of parking options. We are connected to a covered garage which you utilized; we offer un-covered parking as well as valet services. Our self parking rates of $21.00 per night with unlimited in and out privileges are lowest in the city and our $27.00 per night valet service is available 24 hours per day.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Nice hotel and close to several downtown attractions. But don't like the way the hotel is layed out or the 21$ per day parking. Unbeliveable!

salperez, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2010

We thank you for your kind words and comments. We also thank you for choosing us for your home away from home in Atlanta. With our property being in downtown, parking is quite limited and as all other compereable hotels in Atlanta we do in fact charge for parking. For future stays I invite all of our guests to view our website to check on parking prices and other valuble information prior to your arrival. Thank you for your remarks.