“Property is a little worn, but excellent service”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #45 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was in Atlanta for a conference in March and decided to stay on my own a day after to visit with my sister who lives in the area.

Check-in was a breeze and they let me check in at 6am, which completely blew my mind. I was perfectly willing to wait until 3pm to check-in as long as I was able to store my bags.

The valet staff was great as were the desk agents. I had a minor billing issue, which appeared to be related to me using points to book the room and it was dealt with quickly and courteously.

The property is a little worn and due for a renovation, but the prices are commensurate with the quality of the property. I would come back for the service alone. The bed was also the most comfortable of the three hotels that I stayed in over the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you chose to extend your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your visit with your sister. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a conference. I'm glad I stayed at the Sheraton. The hotel was amazing. The staff was beyond amazing. Everyone was helpful and accommodating. Food was superb. Room was great, no issues at all. Very clean and comforting.....

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear we operated on all levels at top notch for you. Our goal is to make your stay positively memorable and we are pleased we were able to do that for you. We hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We have visited many hotels in all the major chains but no where (outside of Singapore's Novotel) have we experienced better service than at this property. Every single employee of the hotel without exception demonstrated Southern hospitality at its best. All hotel employees are trained to be polite around the world: here, authentic caring replaced politeness. Whether in the dining area, the restaurant, sitting printing out a boarding pass at a public computer, people went out of their way to be helpful. They didn't wait for a problem: they anticipated your needs. If you are planning an event or just looking for a place to hang your hat, you will be amazed by what you find at this hotel. Plus, the food is consistently good, a very tall order for a banquet department to meet.

Room Tip: Surprisingly I heard NO COMMENTS from any conference attendees about 'bad' rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review. We are humbled by your words. It gives us great pleasure to read reviews such as yours knowing as a team, we all made your stay memorable. We look forward to having you back with us as soon as you are back in Atlanta.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was sadly disappointed by this Sheraton. I know it's an older facility, but wow. If you go, ask for luggage assistance because the walk from the parking garage is quite a trek (take snacks and water). When we finally made it into the hotel, the elevator went to all floors - except ours so we had to walk to the other side of a convoluted building. The room was "ok" except for the thick layer of dust on the curtains and the cracked tiles in the bathroom. There was a very pretty view of the swimming pool and courtyard but the acoustics of the courtyard made pool activity VERY NOISY. Before I get to the shocker and the reason for my 2 star rating... the cockroach. in. my. bed. There... I said it. I immediately called down to the front desk and the staff was EXTREMELY nice. They offered to move me to a new room, change my sheets etc.... but that still didn't erase the heebeegeebees because when you see one roach, you know he has friends. I do want to repeat that the staff was AMAZING. Everyone was extremely friendly. That's why this hotel got a 2 instead of a zero.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Candyndublin

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your overall stay was altered by that once incident, but we are glad to hear our staff immediately took care of the problem for you. We can assure you this problem is very rare. We wish you safe future travels.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Visited Atlanta for a conference. The location of the hotel made for easy access to restaurants and attractions, which was especially nice considering we had short amounts of time to fit any sight seeing in between conference sessions. The room that I stayed in was a little worn, but clean and comfortable. I opted in to the environmentally friendly package which gave me a $5 voucher for each day that I opted out of the room service. I still had plenty of towels, etc and the vouchers helped to pay for breakfast in the hotel (which was a little on the expensive side). The pool, restaurant, bar and conference areas of the hotel were nice. The food was tasty and plentiful.

The staff was hands-down the best part of the hotel. Staff was quick to assist and if you looked even a little lost they would ask if they could help in any way. Jerome Smith, bellman, helped me to find local dining spots and was a friendly, welcoming face on my first evening there, as well as assisting me with the airport shuttle on my final day.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate the compliments about Jerome. He is surely a strong asset to our team. We are proud that our staff and their service was recognized by you. We look forward to having you back with us!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I recently attended a conference at this hotel. Normally I stay at hotels from another chain. It started when the front desk had a room for me two hours in advance of normal check-in time, per my request. The staff person, Olivia, was quite friendly, willing to inquire as to why I was visiting Atlanta, and offered background about herself and her career aspirations.
We had breakfast and lunch provided by the hotel. Attendees were warmly greeted at the door and welcomed to the meal. The buffet food was simple and delicious, with plenty of options. Waitstaff were pleasant, friendly and attentive. Even Chester, the gentleman who played chimes to give us 15-minute notification, was great - smiling and obviously enjoying his job.
Even the little things - the concierge playing with me about providing a corkscrew and the waitress at the restaurant splitting our check - were done with grace and ease. At the end of the conference, we asked our attendant staff to come into the meeting room and gave them a two-minute standing ovation, lauding their outstanding service.
I seldom give a hotel top ratings on followup surveys. I did for the Sheraton Atlanta, without reservation, and the memory of this trip, for many reasons will bring a smile to my face.
John L.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views (no surprise). Take advantage of the workout facility and the pool. I...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review as we are so humbled by your words. We appreciate the recognition in your review of our staff but specifically the standing ovation you felt they deserved by serving you during your conference. We especially look forward to having you and your conference back with us in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was in Atlanta for conference (May 2014) held at the Sheraton Atlanta. A colleague and I spent the first night of our stay at the St. Regis for a little pampering and then moved on to the Sheraton for the conference. We were astounded to find that the service at the Sheraton matched and perhaps even exceeded the service at the St. Regis. Staff at all levels of this hotel are friendly and accommodating, going out of their way to make each guest feel welcome and well taken care of. Bravo!

1  Thank wrp9567
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you kindly for your review. We are so humbled to hear your experience with the us exceeded the St. Regis. We appreciate your kind words and do hope you will come back to stay with us soon!