“Wonderful”

Ranked #32 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! I can't say enough about the attentive staff. From the management to the housekeeping staff, everyone was warm and welcoming. The restaurant staff made all efforts to meet my requests. The IT person (Tom) spent 2 hours with me helping me find out why my internet on my computer quit working (not hotel connectivity). Andre spent time getting to know several of us. Judette was great and made sure I had a late checkout the last day of the conference.
WONDERFUL!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank YOU for choosing to stay with us! We love reading your review as we can hear the happiness in your words! Love to have you back soon so come back any time! Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel 11-10-13 for 3 nights. I had an allergic reaction to a perfume housekeeping had used. It was horrible. I had to look at 10 different rooms to find one without this fragrance. It took the front desk 3 different times to get us a key that would work. Self parking is dangerous. They should do away with self parking and just offer valet. It is dark and narrow and u have to walk directly by cars that are entering the parking garage. I really find it hard to believe that this is allowed.
Entrance of hotel is very hard to get to. One way streets all around.
Housekeeping woke me up the morning of checkout at 8:30 and wanted to know what time we were checking out. When I ask the front desk about this I was told it was their brand policy. Front desk said they would reach out to housekeeping and let them know we had until noon. Well, it gets worse. Housekeeping was back in an hour.
I have stayed in many of the other hotels in Atlanta and would suggest u avoid this hotel. It is just old and noisy and smells. Oh, I forgot to mention that the bathroom door does not open and close like other doors. It slides left to right on the outside of the hallway. Not left to right like a pocket door. But, on the outside the door. It was crazy !!!!!!
I could go on and on and on but I am just stating the big problems. The staff was nice but not very experienced in true customer service

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Daniel B
We're very disappointed you didn't enjoy your stay with us more. It sounds like you certainly had some challenges and we appreciate the feedback. There are some things we can control and we pledge to work on those. Best of luck with your future travels.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed one night at the Sheraton Downtown Atlanta. Located further away from the downtown of CNN, Coca-Cola, etc, the hotel is a bit hard to find the entrance at first (few one-way streets). When you pull in, you have the choice to self-park or use the valet service. The latter is of course more expensive, but more convenient as well: the path walk from the parking to the hotel is a bit narrow, and with luggage in tow, it gets you to vigilantly watch for incoming traffic. The hotel itself was nice, the staff courteous (although the valets could have been more efficient), especially considering the rate that we booked online. The room was spacious. I am not familiar with that area, so I am not sure what the dining options are at walking distance, beside the hotel restaurant itself. Again, for the rate, it was a very good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DJinNashville
We greatly appreciate you staying with us and the kind words on the review! Come back soon and safe travels!
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This Sheraton in downtown Altanta is as fancy and high class as you'd expect (we used hotwire to limit the rate). Valet parking is available, but self parking is what we used in the attached lot across the street. There's a walkway between the parking garage and the hotel that goes under the street and is just a painted line between the driving lane and the wall. My husband and I managed this ok, but I wouldn't want to take small children this way. The rest of the hotel was glorious - wonderful pool, very nice room. Fancy! But parking is extra each night, and breakfast is also not included, at least in our hotwire rate. The hotel breakfast buffet was very good, but pricey.

Room Tip: Our view was south, you probably want a north or west view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wise2
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. So that you know for the future, there are a few parking choices available. As you mentioned, valet is available. Also, there is a surface lot that is very convenient. If you want covered parking, we have that in the parking deck as well. Hope to see you back again soon and safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went to a 6 day conferance & surprised at service of a 4 star hotel. First, could never get heat adjusted properly within the room. Second, conferance rooms were cold all during stay. Third, walls thin and could hear other occupants on both sides of room. Fourth, not many good cable stations available, and finally, on day before we left, no room service provided for room until about 4:30 pm. Eventhough we contacted the front desk, we were told that room service did not have to be provided until 5 pm! I hope my conferance group revisits holding as many conferances here as they do.
There were some good things: the consirge service was excellent. Access to the computer internet at their cafe was also fine.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra than average for a more spacious room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron J
Fort Jones, California
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The staff at this hotel in downtown Atlanta was fabulous! I was attending a conference and the staff made my stay very enjoyable with their charm, pleasantness and help in getting set-up to sell. The room was super clean, great beds & linens, and quiet. If I called the front desk for more coffee, hangars, towels - whatever - they came promptly and with a smile. I'd always get a follow-up call to make sure the items were delivered. hat a great team they have!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank niravalynn
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton Atlanta and for your very kind review. Our entire team works hard to ensure our guests have a great time while staying with us and it sounds like they took wonderful care of you! Thank you for recognizing their efforts! Safe Travels.
Albany, Oregon, USA
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Best customer service I have ever experienced. Have stayed in a number of downtown Atlanta hotels and this is by far and away the best. I stay here close to twice a month and always have a great experience. From the gentlemen at the curb to all the gracious people at check-in and finishing the night with the best lamb shank ever and a welcome talk with the fabulous bartenders this is the place for business travels to feel just a bit of home. I have never not been thankful for the customer service here and feel bad not to name everyone one but a shout out to Viera, Crystal and Khalid! Crystal actually found out it was my birthday a few months ago and knew I was on my own. An hour after telling her she brought me a cake. What a wonderful gift.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
You picked some of the best on our team to mention and it's greatly appreciated! We'll certainly be giving them a pat on the back for taking great care of you! We'd love to see you back again soon, maybe for another birthday! Safe Travels.