Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #45 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This Sheraton in downtown Altanta is as fancy and high class as you'd expect (we used hotwire to limit the rate). Valet parking is available, but self parking is what we used in the attached lot across the street. There's a walkway between the parking garage and the hotel that goes under the street and is just a painted line between the driving lane and the wall. My husband and I managed this ok, but I wouldn't want to take small children this way. The rest of the hotel was glorious - wonderful pool, very nice room. Fancy! But parking is extra each night, and breakfast is also not included, at least in our hotwire rate. The hotel breakfast buffet was very good, but pricey.

Room Tip: Our view was south, you probably want a north or west view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wise2
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. So that you know for the future, there are a few parking choices available. As you mentioned, valet is available. Also, there is a surface lot that is very convenient. If you want covered parking, we have that in the parking deck as well. Hope to see you back again soon and safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,206)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went to a 6 day conferance & surprised at service of a 4 star hotel. First, could never get heat adjusted properly within the room. Second, conferance rooms were cold all during stay. Third, walls thin and could hear other occupants on both sides of room. Fourth, not many good cable stations available, and finally, on day before we left, no room service provided for room until about 4:30 pm. Eventhough we contacted the front desk, we were told that room service did not have to be provided until 5 pm! I hope my conferance group revisits holding as many conferances here as they do.
There were some good things: the consirge service was excellent. Access to the computer internet at their cafe was also fine.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra than average for a more spacious room.
1  Thank Ron J
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The staff at this hotel in downtown Atlanta was fabulous! I was attending a conference and the staff made my stay very enjoyable with their charm, pleasantness and help in getting set-up to sell. The room was super clean, great beds & linens, and quiet. If I called the front desk for more coffee, hangars, towels - whatever - they came promptly and with a smile. I'd always get a follow-up call to make sure the items were delivered. hat a great team they have!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank niravalynn
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton Atlanta and for your very kind review. Our entire team works hard to ensure our guests have a great time while staying with us and it sounds like they took wonderful care of you! Thank you for recognizing their efforts! Safe Travels.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Best customer service I have ever experienced. Have stayed in a number of downtown Atlanta hotels and this is by far and away the best. I stay here close to twice a month and always have a great experience. From the gentlemen at the curb to all the gracious people at check-in and finishing the night with the best lamb shank ever and a welcome talk with the fabulous bartenders this is the place for business travels to feel just a bit of home. I have never not been thankful for the customer service here and feel bad not to name everyone one but a shout out to Viera, Crystal and Khalid! Crystal actually found out it was my birthday a few months ago and knew I was on my own. An hour after telling her she brought me a cake. What a wonderful gift.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

You picked some of the best on our team to mention and it's greatly appreciated! We'll certainly be giving them a pat on the back for taking great care of you! We'd love to see you back again soon, maybe for another birthday! Safe Travels.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I called and arranged my room the day of, from the moment I checked in the service was top of the line. The check in was heavy and they made it flawless with friendly staff helping out guests and guiding them to the right front office clerk (The young lady was great, from NY can’t remember her name but she was really wonderful and helpful at check in). I thought check in was going to take 45 minutes or more it took me 10 minutes. Had dinner in the hotel main dining room. I was very pleased with the service and the quality of food. The dining room was busy but still I received dinner in a timely manner. Rooms are very comfortable and nice. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler coming to Downtown Atlanta! :)

Room Tip: Stayed in South Tower on top floor this is a club level but they have little balconies to view the c...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the recommendation! The highest honors we can receive is a returning guest and their recommendations. Both are greatly appreciated! Safe Travels.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here recently & Mr. Ikar was receptive, informative & courteous. He helped us feel safe & comfortable & because of him, we will choose this hotel again. He is an asset to his profession. THANK YOU Mr Ikar!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Khalid is a great member of our team and it's so nice of you to mention him! We are thrilled by your comments! We'd love to have you back again soon and until then, safe travels!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was most impressed with the super positive and attentive staff of this hotel. I honestly have never had this level of outstanding service in any of the many 5 star hotels which I have stayed, for pleasure or for business! Everyone made me feel super important and valued - what a difference in today's ambivalent society. The room was very clean and updated. I loved the outstanding bed quality too. Loved the pillows, sheets, and comforter set on the most comfortable bed. Almost made me feel like I didn't want to come home, even though this was a super busy business trip for me. Truly outstanding service and attention in every way. It was unexpected. Some of the outstanding staff who went out of their way to assist during this very important business trip for me: Zahari (bellman and all around staff member), Ashley (in the restaurants), Chester (security), and Hana & Crystal (restaurants).

Room Tip: Ask the staff where the best rooms are located for your purpose. The staff was incredibly helpful a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We're honored by your comments! Thanks very much for such a great review. Our entire team works hard to take care of our guests and it's great to see you experienced that. Hope to see you back again soon and safe travels!