“The Sheraton in downtown Atlanta is grrrrrreat!”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #45 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I just attended a conference at the Georgia World Congress Center and had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton. It's easily located off of Interstate 85 and is nine blocks from the Georgia World Congress Center, Phillips Arena and Olympic Park. Guests can walk two blocks to Atlanta's Hard Rock Cafe, Metro Diner, Hooters and other restaurants. The staff were extremely helpful. This location looks dated from the parking garage but the rooms are comfortable and have some nice balcony views of the city. The bathrooms are a little on the small side, again, the downside of staying at an older hotel. But, the food and service make staying at the Sheraton a worthwhile treat! On the third floor, guests have access to computers (up to 45 minutes for free), WiFi access and dining at the hotel's restaurants. The breakfast choices are great, including a full breakfast buffet for $18, including coffee, OJ and other drinks. Room service has balanced comfort food with vegetarian choices and more high end fare. Everything I ate during my stay was presented beautifully, fresh and delicious!

Parking is $22 a day for self parking, a reasonable fee for 24-hour parking in downtown Atlanta. Overall, my stay was very pleasant and I would return to the Sheraton simply for the superior service and food during my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 10th floor or up and specify a city view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CBowerman
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review. It sounds like you enjoyed an excellent experience with us over your conference. We sincerely appreciate all of your kind feedback on our location, amenities, service and food offerings. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the near future. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This staff is truly outstanding. Everyone was extremely helpful, friendly and went the extra mile without being asked. Hana in Fandangles restaurant is definitely a standout employee. I travel a lot and have rarely found this level of service. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. We are grateful for all of your kind feedback on our staff and service. As a frequent traveler, your approval is especially appreciated. We hope to see you again soon. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for a conference and I wish I could have stayed longer! The service was impeccable. Every staff member from the concierge to the maid service greeted me everyday. Cleanliness is no issue here! Very, very nice rooms with controlled AC and the most comfortable beds. The indoor heated pool is gorgeous and very relaxing. This hotel is a must place to go!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. It sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful experience over your weekend conference. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future, next time for longer! Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were in town for the Thirty-One Gifts Conference and we stayed with your hotel. We had an amazing experience. Jerome was our Bellman and he was so helpful and nice. We really appreciated all his help. thank you so much.

Room Tip: Some rooms are smaller than others but our room was great. Would be good to ask what size room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you had an amazing experience over the Thirty One Gifts Conference! Jerome is a wonderful addition to our Front Office team and a true asset to our guests. We will be sure to thank him for his service. Come back and see us soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here with my family (hubby and 5 yo) for the 4th of July week. I purchased the stay through a third party (Hotwire). I decided to call the hotel to find out what was included in the room and I reached Angelica and she was amazing! Hotwire had us down for one queen bed when in fact we needed two beds in the room. Angelica was more than happy to fix that for us. When we arrived at 12pm (my hubby wanted to beat the ATL traffic and he sure did by having us on the road at 3 am leaving from Fort Lauderdale!), check-in was at three and the ladies at the front desk were more than understanding and let us check in.

We got to our room and found the two beds that we requested and very comfortable room to stay in for the next four nights. The pool was our mainstay whenever we were not at one of Georgia's many attractions (Georgia Aquarium, Zoo, Jimmy Carter Library & Children's science museum). The pools was a reassurance for me that this hotel was a great family oriented place to stay. Everyone sure had a great time in the salt water indoor pool.

The walk to the parking lot I didn't mind the first couple of days but by day 4 I was over it. I chose a hotel in the downtown area because were close to downtown and could walk to peachtree for amazing dinners. I was hoping for great weather during our stay but it rained every single day! Lugging my child who fell asleep was no fun. My only suggestion would be an easier walk for guest to the parking lot perhaps. Overall a great stay and I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Pool rooms seemed to be the best ones. I was concerned for the noise level but there is a curfew of...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It sounds like you and your family enjoyed an excellent experience with us during your 4th of July vacation while taking advantage of many of downtown Atlanta's main attractions! We are so pleased to hear you plan on staying with us again in the future. Next time, we invite you to utilize our valet parking option or uncovered self parking lot which is closer in proximity to the hotel. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Easily beats 3 Star Rating. The staff are genuinely courteous and helpful. The decor and furnishings appear to be new and very clean. Good location for exploring Downtown and reasonably priced.

If you are an SPG member at check in the Front Desk automatically provides all of the benefits that match your level and help you decide when a choice of options is available. The hotel features a Club Floor and Lounge that is especially nice. The Lounge is stocked with different food, snacks and beverages throughout the day and is available 24 hours a day.

The pool area is great for families and the gym has enough equipment to keep up with your exercise routine. If you are visiting with a family there are rooms that surround the pool area which makes it even more convenient.

Worth mentioning the restaurants and room service all of which were very good. There is a decent variety available and the food was freshly prepared. Honestly we were just as happy eating at the hotel as eating out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your thorough and thoughtful review. It sounds like you enjoyed your recent stay with us, particularly our Club Level offerings, poolside Garden Courtyard and dining outlets. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Atlanta. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The waitress, Viera,at Fandangles went above and beyond to accomidate us! I could not dream of better service!

The service, overall, in the Sheraton Atlanta has been amazing! From being greeted by everyone, to the concierge physically walking outside with us to show us how to get to places, I am at a loss for words on how amazing this hotel had been!

Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you very much for your extremely kind review. We are pleased to hear you found our staff has been so accommodating to your needs. We pride ourselves on providing the best service in Atlanta and hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!