“Definitely worth the money.”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #43 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Augusta, Georgia
“Definitely worth the money.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Great location, great staff, great rooms! The pool is like something out of a movie, absolutely beautiful . We had a great staff member help us with out with our TONS of luggage and the hotel even helped us move into a bigger room at no cost . The hotel is in a great central location to many restaurants and other activities and lets face it , you can't go wrong in ATLANTA .

1 Thank Leeleemodee
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It sounds like you were truly impressed with your stay. We certainly agree with you - Atlanta is a great place to visit you and can't go wrong! We hope to see you again. Until then, safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a great experience at the Sheraton, downtown Atlanta GA We have nothing but the best to say about the location and Staff - everything was wonderful. The lobby staff smiles and greets even it's 2AM in the morning. The Hotel is near to everything. 7 blocks from Georgia Aquarium/Happiness (Coke) Factory and downtown activities. Do check out Fandangles Bar and Restaurant, an excellent place to relax and dine. Tony Brown is an asset to the restaurant with great smile and excellence in service attitude.
The cafe is a great. Pool on the 3rd floor is an excellent addition to the weary traveler. On a clear day the retractable roof open up to give a feel of outdoor pool and closes to gives you an option to use the pool during bad weather.

Room Tip: The new tower(the high one has a nice view)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GSO_ATL
Thanks so much for your kind feedback. It sounds like you were impressed by every aspect of your stay from the service levels to our convenient location in downtown to the poolside Garden Courtyard. We hope to see you again soon. Until then, safe travels!
Brownsville
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My business trip took me to Atlanta in January 2013, so I decided to take my family. Although the staff was very nice, the hotel was not. The first room we checked into had a "funky" smell. We were immediately transferred to another room. The rooms were in dire need of a makeover, to say the least. There was a "gassy" smell in the hallway. After dinner, my husband and I decided to check out of the hotel. I DID NOT feel safe...the counter manager was extremely nice and we were reimbursed. We had already checked into another hotel before we checked out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank G G
Thank you for taking the time the time to share your review as your feedback is very important to our team. We appreciate your kinds words on our staff, but regret to hear you were not more impressed with your stay. Most guests find our recently renovated guest rooms to be comfortable and accommodating to their needs. Our hotel is very safe and well guarded by our extensive security team. We wish you the best of luck in the future finding a hotel more suited to your needs. Safe travels.
Westland, Michigan
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We chose the Sheraton for two reasons: 1) It was in our price range and 2) It was close to the sites we wanted to see.
Easy to find off the highway. I worked with Harold at check-in and he was fantastic. I mentioned that I was there for our 15th wedding anniversary and he immediately started to upgrade us. He truly went above and beyond by giving us free parking, free wifi, free access to the 5th floor lounge (cont. breakfast!) and sending up a treat to our room. They also upgraded us to a king bed corner room, at the end of a hallway for more privacy.
All of the lobby bellhops were extremely friendly and professional. The lobby was very clean and well kept. The concierge was great. He was friendly and helpful anytime we asked him for assistance.
The room was very nice. We were only on the 6th floor, so the view wasn't great but that was fine.
Room had everything we needed. Bed was comfortable and there was plenty of space.
The pool/hot tub area was extremely nice and well kept. We loved all the trees around it and the dome that opened over head. Pool is saltwater, so if you're from the North, get ready for that. Hot tub wasn't very hot and kind of small.

Overall, our stay was great. Only a few blocks away from everything we wanted to see (Centennial park, Georgia Aquarium, Junk Joint restaurant, Hard Rock Cafe, etc) Hotel was clean and we felt safe. We would stay here again if we had to. We may chose another place just to try something new if we went back to the city.

Room Tip: Can't hurt to ask for an end of hallway room. A bit more private. If you are traveling for your...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your review with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary stay here. As you noticed, our team genuinely enjoys celebrating special occasions with our guests. We are pleased to hear you were pleasantly surprised by your upgrades and appreciate all of your kind feedback on our amenities and location. We hope to see you again! Safe travels.
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

the lobby was nice and updated the rooms were not.the door to the bathroom looks like a barn door and is very hard to move. at night there were prostitutes and pimps across the street. the first room we had the bathroom was dirty. they did give us a different room after we reported it, but the lady at the front desk with very rude when we checked in. Shameeka at the front desk was very nice and we asked for her if we need anything fromthere on.The bellhops and room services were courteous & excellent. the wireless internet was nonexistent, cell phone service wasn't a very good. We wont be back.

• Stayed June 2013
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and regret to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us more. Our newly renovated guest rooms and bathrooms are actually very clean and accommodating to most guests' needs. Our hotel is located in a safe and convenient location in downtown Atlanta. We wish you the very best of luck finding a hotel more suited to your needs. Safe travels.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here at this particular Sheraton and I must say I am very pleased with the leek of service that I reviewed from this place! I actually didn't have a reservation upon arriving but after driving around for almost 2hrs trying to find a hotel last minute and for a reasonable price I stumbled upon this Sheraton located downtown Atlanta! When I arrived I had already been told by the customer service rep that they had a room to accommodate me on such short notice! When I arrived it was approximately 2:30AM and the rate was going to be $99 even though the next day didn't start until several hours later the front desk guy worked it out for me to where I could check in ASAP and only charge me for half the night and half the parking fee! I wasn't expecting that at all I wish I could've got his name he was a life savor! 5 star review from me as I was very appreciative of the efforts made to accommodate me! Keep up the great work Sheraton Atlanta! I will have to use my Starwood Memebership a lot more! This was amazing!

1 Thank BugattiBoi88
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy we were able to accommodate your last minute stay. As such an experienced traveler, your approval and positive feedback is especially appreciated! We do hope you continue to make use of your Starwood membership and we that have the opportunity to host you again in near future. Until then, safe travels!
Birmingham
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I made a quick trip to Atlanta, Georgia. This is the best hotel in Atlanta by far. From the Vallet Parking to the bell men to the people at the front desk. As soon as my girlfriend and i walked in i felt like i was home. The rooms are clean nice and very spacious. Hands down Best hotel in the heart of Atlanta. Thank you Ms. Bailey (office Manager) at this hotel. Best staff, rooms, pools, and not to mention the state of the art bar. GREAT PLACE

Room Tip: South Tower is the more private side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Luke M
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your many accolades on our hotel and are honored to be considered the best hotel in Atlanta! We will be sure to thank our Front Office team for taking such good care of you, especially Ms. Bailey. Safe travels!