“Awesome experience!”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #45 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel for the One Concept Massage and Chiropractic Conference this weekend. The moment I arrived the staff was excellent and extremely helpful with any of my needs. I was able to check in early so that I could attend my first class without having to bring my luggage. Everyone I came in contact with was friendly and courteous. The bellhops, front desk and concierge were always with a smile and a warm greeting! If you needed anything they were there for you! The hotel was beautiful and the pool area was gorgeous! My room was located in the courtyard section and very accommodating, clean and quiet. I enjoyed the Deli most days to grab a quick bite and the Collage Restaurant had a very nice buffet. The hotel also has a green incentive, I received $5.00 coupon for not having to change the linens till check out. I was only staying the weekend and conservation is something we can all take part in. Also, I was traveling alone and Jim the concierge made me feel safe with my travel options and made phone calls for me when there was a problem with the airport shuttle service. I had been scammed into taking a "shuttle" from the airport along with others - not all of us traveling to the same destinations and they overcharged and misrepresenting themselves as the Atlanta airport shuttle service. Jim helped with reporting the problem. I felt safe in this beautiful hotel and would stay again if I get another chance. Thanks again to the great staff!

Room Tip: The room I had in the courtyard section, 4th floor facing the street was very quiet. It was quite a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Wow, thank you so much for your wonderful review! Your group was a pleasure for our team to host and we could not be happier that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. We are pleased to hear you found our hotel and staff to be welcoming and friendly. We are surprised by your troubling shuttle experience but are glad Jim was able to step in and make you feel comfortable with your travel options. Until next time; safe travels!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I did not stay at the Sheraton Atlanta Downtown. However, I did attend a conference there. They were GREAT! The hotel has a graciousness to its layout.

My MAIN delight was the buffet lunch that I enjoyed in the Sheraton's restaurant. I REALLY found the host: William to be INVALUABLE! He was extremely kind and gentle in his manner. The particular day I appreciated his service the most I had been very ill that morning and could not seem to eat anything...he was very attentive to make sure I was comfortable as possible and to get me the ginger ale I had asked for. I give William a HUGE A+ and hope that he is well appreciated as folks that are that observant and attentive are hard to find! Thank you SO much Sheraton for the WONDERFUL experience! I will highly recommend you to any friends travelling your way in the future!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and service over your conference. William is a wonderful addition to our Food & Beverage team and a true asset to our guests. We will be sure to thank him on your behalf. Your recommendation is sincerely appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. Safe travels!

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I had a room that faced in towards the pool and had to be up at 0330 the following morning for work. So, as you can guess, i found it hard to sleep.

(Mind you it was loud at 10:00 at night).

Other than that the hotel was fine. Nothing special.

The gym was small but had a lot of equipment including several ellipticals, treadmills and bikes. It also had some weight machines and free weights.

All the employees were polite and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our Fitness Center as well as our friendly service! Please accept our apologies for the noise levels you experienced in your guest room. Our Garden Courtyard is a social area and as such, can be a bit noisier than other areas. Our security team enforces a strict 10pm curfew in the area and they are more than happy to control any excessive noise before or after that time. We hope you decide to give us another shot in the future. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton Atlanta für a two-nights stay recently. Hotel is located in Downtown and can be easily accessed by car. A MARTA station is located at the nearby Peachtree Center.

Came into the lobby and was struck by the first impression. Fully loaded with people, loud and noisy. Staff very friendly, everyone greeting. Nice welcome to the hotel and got the room keys right away. Hotel is divided into two tower, got a room at South Tower. You walk along the huge conference facility to the elevators but the first impression of the hallway was shocking. Dark and dreary with ancient, thin and well-worn room doors. Entered the room and went out again backwards as it was TINY and had only a queen bed but two connecting doors to both sides of the room, one of the right next to the bed. It was also overlooking a big construction on the street below. Went down again to the front desk and complained and got another room by the friendly guy at front desk. The next room (#971) was considerably roomier with two queen beds. The bathroom was really small. The water pressure was very low which was very inconvenient. The ventilation in the bathroom was running permanently which was a noisy issue. Also in this room there were again two connecting doors and because of these the room turned out to be very noisy. Cleanliness was just ok except for the beds which made a very good impression. The curtains were thin and also quite old. The room featured a fridge and a safe.

The toilet flushing didn´t work and we complained again on our way out to dinner. Staff again very friendly and courteous, the promised to fix the flushing while we were out (what they did). The front desk even inquired later by phone if the problem was fixed.

You have to pay for the wireless internet which is not appropriate anymore, the fare is 12.95$. It will get a bit cheaper per day if you sign up for more than one day. You have the chance to surf for free for 45 minutes but you have to go to the internet cafe situated right in between of the bistro. Self-parking is available for 22$ a day. Narrow garage but some more space outside when proceeding to the exit. The gates work with the room key. Access to the garage seems to be existent to the South tower only. If you want to proceed to the garage you´ll have to walk the road that also the cars take. All in all not convenient with luggage, one should pull out of the garage to the driveway. There are restaurant and a bistro offering Starbucks coffee and snacks. Nice swimming pool.

In both nights we got disturbed by noisy neighbours which were easy to hear because of the thin connecting doofs.

Check out was quick, friendly and efficient.

Considering the value and the rates of the hotel we will not stay here again as there are better options outside of Downtown where internet and breakfast and parking would be included.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with two beds as these seem to be much larger than the others
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are surprised by your comments and regret to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us more. Most travelers find our recently renovated guest rooms to be spacious and accommodating. Please also note that our prices for parking and in-room Internet access are lower than other downtown Atlanta hotels of our size. We wish you the best of luck in your future travels!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had an opportunity to spend three nights at this downtown Sheraton at the end of April and I have to say I was impressed with the room, location, meeting facilities, and mostly the staff! When I drove into the very busy entrance area, I was immediately greeted by very friendly and helpful staff who were loading and unloading guests. They explained options for valet or self parking, took care of luggage, and guided me to the check in counter. I was part of the arriving Capella University group, so check in was quick, pleasant, and welcoming. My whole first impression of the operation is it reminded me of arriving at the Aria in Las Vegas! Upscale and high class. My compliments to the group of people doing this job (and to the people who hire, train, and manage them!).

The room and the meeting facilities were great and staff were exceptionally friendly during my entire stay. There are several restaurants and small stores onsite and many good ones within walking distance. Wake up calls were prompt and reliable. Room service one night was very fast. I didn't use any other amenities like spa or gym.

At check in they give you an option to not have the room serviced during your stay in order to conserve water and reduce cleaning staff overhead. In return you receive a $5 coupon each day to spend anywhere in the hotel. Whenever I called to get towels, coffee, etc. replenished, they were quick to respond. However, after three long hard working days, I decided I really do appreciate someone tidying up when I'm on a trip. But it's certainly a choice. I still give this hotel an excellent rating for all the other good service they provided and would definitely stay here again if visiting downtown Atlanta. Thanks again to the entire staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us over your conference in April. We are flattered by your compliments on our guest rooms, meeting facilities, location and especially our service. We look forward to your next stay. Safe travels!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I´ve stayed there in May 2013 and my experience was not very good. It has good qualities such as the beds and bathroom but the service and the breakfast are bad.
The bad experience started right after our arrival. We booked the hotel for the previous night because we would be arriving after a 12 hour flight and we wanted to sleep as soon ans we got there. But the rooms were not available and they said that "someone" changed the reservation. So we had to stay from 8 am until 3pm without the rooms.
In the second day another bad experience: I was sleeping and received a call saying that I would have to leave the room because it would have to be painted. It was very nconvenient although they gave me a larger and better room.
Another problem that I had was due to the fact that I sent my pants to be washed in the hotel and they forgot to give me it back. I only got it in the last day and beacuse I called it, otherwise I would have left it there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your review; your feedback is really important to us. We regret to hear you had anything less than a perfect experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the confusion with your room and reservation. We certainly understand your frustration after 12 hours of traveling and can assure you that these circumstances are not typical of our staff and service. We hope to have the opportunity to give you a true Sheraton Atlanta experience in the future. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great location. Super clean and nice facilities. And every single staff member, from maintenance to parking attendants, was incredibly nice, warm and welcoming. I never would have expected such a great place. The pool area is very nice. Fitness Center is first rate. Super hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank burns41

Wow! Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It is an honor to be considered the friendliest hotel staff you have ever experienced. We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback on our pool area and fitness center as well. Come back and see us soon. Until then, safe travels!