“Great place in Downtown Atlanta”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #40 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Dunlap, Tennessee
“Great place in Downtown Atlanta”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed here many times. The staff absolutely cannot be beat!! Jerome helped us to our room and was very knowledgable of the hotel and the area. The concierge was very helpful. The hotel is in walking distance to many great restaurants and attractions. The only drawback is that Wifi in the rooms is not free. There is free wifi in the lobby.

Room Tip: Guests need to know that one tower is newer than the other. I have stayed in both towers. One tower...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your kind feedback on our staff and convenient location in downtown Atlanta. Your repeat business speaks volumes to our team and we look forward to your next visit. Until then, safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wow, what can I say about this fabulous hotel. First let me tell you that the staff from the valets to the inside front desk staff (always saying good morning or evening) were incredible. beleive it or not, getting a greeting from the staff goes a long way. Everyone was wonderful. I did not think service could get any better until Corey met my Mother, niece, and I in the foyer. We were in Atlanta the weekend of April 18th to cleberate my Mother's 80th birthday. Corey was such an attentive, nice, helpful, and courteous young man. He got a cart and placed all of our baggage on it, assisted us upstairs to our room. Made sure the room was okay and went and filled our ice bucket. He even went downstairs to find something to open my Mother's bag because she forgot the key to the lock on her garment bag. Corey even went out his way on Sunday when we checked out to make sure he found us to say goodbye and ask my Mother how her birthday weekend was and did we enjoy our stay at the Sheraton in Downtown Atlanta. Because of Corey, Chirwait the bartender at the Fandango resturant, and Paul Martin I will defintiely stay at this hotel again. I will also tell all my family and friends. These great people are an attribute to your organization.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor (room #825) and had no problems or noise issues. The view could have been a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wow - thank you so much for your wonderful review. It's clear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our staff and service levels. Corey is an exceptional member of our Front Office team and a true asset to our guests. We will be sure to thank him for going above and beyond to ensure your family's comfort. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. Until then, safe travels!
oklahoma
Reviewed April 30, 2013

top service great staff, thank you for all. and THANK to All
i spend 3 nights Just buissnes, i lost the bags and all the staff was so helpful,
i had a conference there, i lost the tablet and afther 15 mm was in the room
great service. i miss them

Room Tip: great people
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and found our staff to be so accommodating to your needs. We know traveling can be stressful so our team does their best to ease whatever burdens possible. Come back and see us soon! Safe travels.
Indianapolis, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and the lobby was set up very nice. My room was a nice size and updated. The beds were comfortable and had a nice size TV. The only complaint I have was the air conditioner did not get cold. I had a conference there and use the catering company and the food is excellent. Everyone on staff is very nice and always wanting to help.

Room Tip: 11th Floor has great rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your kind review with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay overall. We hope to see you again. Until then, safe travels!
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Well, first off, the pictures on the website is nothing like what I saw. When I walked in, I said wow! We got a nice hotel,( we booked via hotwire), the front lobby looked really nice..but our room, that's a different story..totally outdated..the telephones are even old looking, not that I would use it because the cost to use is expensive..I am kind of a clean freak, and I am very dissatisfied with the bathroom, it is dingy looking, so are the bath towels, when I got in the SHOWER, it was like taking a bath standing up because the tub filled with water!! Ugh! I guess the drain was broken..the air conditioning kept making noises..the balcony is not inviting...and 22$ per day for parking!!?? Outrageous!! I swear if I had known that, I would have never booked, you don't make your quests pay to park! But I guess we get what we paid for because we got the room very cheap on hotwire, if I had paid the full price, I would have been pissed, THIS ROOM is NOT worth it!! And this is our anniversary and its kind of ruined :(
.....We did order room service and it was ok..

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Your feedback is very important to us and your comments have certainly been noted by our team. We regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us more. As you can tell from our other reviews, most guests' expectations are met and exceeded upon arrival and throughout their stays. Please note that our cost of parking is comparable, if not less than, all other downtown Atlanta hotels of our size. We hope you decide to give us another chance in the future. Until then, safe travels.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I would like to recognize Corey. He was very nice and polite to us. He was also very helpful with everything. Thanks for everything! Overall experience of the hotel was great. The buffet bar was amazing. Far from what i expected for hotel food. I would go back just for food alon alone!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us. Corey is a stellar addition to of our Front Office team and we will be sure to pass along your words of thanks and congratulations to him. It sounds like you enjoyed all aspects of your stay but especially our dining options! We look forward to your next stay. Safe travels!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was fortunate to get a great rate for my stay last week, and I read all of the Tripadvisor reviews to get some good tips. My toddler son and I stayed in a room with 2 doubles, 7th floor, South tower, in a refurbished room. Elevator was quick and easy to use.

I prefer not to rent a car when in Atlanta, and the location was 1/2 a block from the skyway access which went right to the MARTA. We walked to multiple restaurants, the aquarium and children's museum. The MARTA provides easy access to the airport and Lego Discovery Center.

Room service was great the one night we ordered it. Quick service and tasty food.

Overall the stay was exceptional. The pool is large and clean, the room was spacious, the beds were very comfortable, and the room was quiet. Very minor housekeeping issues were the only con. However, that was more than made up for by the exceptional staff. I have never encountered more gracious and helpful people when staying at a hotel. From the manager to the bellman they treated me like I was a personal friend and went far above and beyond any expectation I had. I read lots of kudos in other reviews about the quality staff and I couldn't agree more.

Factoring in the price with the other aforementioned points I couldn't have asked for a more perfect stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room such as in the South Tower.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are thrilled you and your son enjoyed an exceptional stay with us! We greatly appreciate your feedback on our location, in-room dining options and staff. It's certainly a pleasant experience when your high expectations are met and exceeded! We hope to see you both again soon. Safe travels!