“surprise new year trip”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #43 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with a surprise new years vacation to Atlanta. We stayed at the Sheraton on Cortland. The hotel was very nice on the inside and very clean. From the minute we walked in everyone was really nice. The Bellman Levar who was actually from Georgia told us a lot of little fun facts about Atlanta and Georgia as a whole which my boyfriend appreciated cause he's such a nerd.lol He made sure to make us feel welcomed and told us if there was anything we needed to just let him know. Other places I've stayed they just take your bags to your room and that's it but it really felt like Levar and the other staff members really cared about us having a good vacation and that made all the difference!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us! We are so pleased to hear you and your boyfriend enjoyed your New Years vacation to Atlanta. It sounds like you were particularly impressed with our staff. Levar is a true asset to our team and we are glad he was able to teach you more about our wonderful city! We hope to see you both again the next time you travel down South. Until then, safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Atlanta Hotel

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I frequently travel to Atlanta on business and this was my first time staying at this hotel. I found the rooms to be dingy with dirty rugs and sagging mattresses. This is one hotel to avoid if you are in the Atlanta area. Many other hotels to stay at in Atlanta.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are surprised and disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us more. Most guests find our recently updated guest rooms to be comfortable and pleasing, and our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding to be a reason in itself to stay here. As you will find from our other reviews, your perception is shared by few. We wish you the best of luck finding a hotel more suited to your needs. Safe travels.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while attending a business meeting, and I could not be more impressed! The service has been amazing-from the concierge, to the food staff, to the security who helped me when I got locked out. Also, the food has been outstanding. Each meal has been filled with plentiful, healthy and delicious choices. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. i would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The South Tower was convenient to the meeting rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review! Coming from such an experienced traveler, we are especially thankful for your positive feedback. We are thrilled you plan on coming to stay with us again and look forward to your next visit. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed @ the Shearton before but never in Atlanta im from new york moved to Atlanta a year ago the rooms are adverage but nice and clean hotel seems kind of old but the hotel is in the right part of the city for things to do the service is great my bellman Levar was such a southern gentlemen and such a handsome and smart guy Love his southern accents it makes you feel like your in the real south most of everyone else are foreign which is cool but when you come to the south you wanna meet southern people I think he is a great asset for this location and the food is good also all the resturaunts are on the same level so that was nice
parking is crazy lol but overall i can say I had a great stay

Room Tip: Get something close to elevator
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review! It sounds like you had a pleasant stay overall and particularly enjoyed getting to know our staff. Levar is a true southern gentleman and an accurate representation of how all of our associates treat our guests with genuine southern hospitality. We also appreciate your kind words on our location and food! We hope to see you again. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I attended a luncheon at the hotel yesterday. First, the food was delicious. Not your usual over-cooked chicken. Second, I lost my keys to my car. Three members of the staff immediately began assisting me. One in particular, Khalid Ikar, walked through the parking deck, downstairs through the ballroom and all over the lobby helping me look. When it became apparent that my key was not to be found and I settled in the sitting area to wait on someone to bring me a spare Khal checked on me several times, brought me a drink and walked me to my ride when I left. 5 Star treatment for a damsel in distress! It made an awful situation much more pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We were so pleased to hear how Khalid turned an unfortunate circumstance into a positive and memorable experience for you. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the food at your luncheon! Be sure to check back with us in the event that your keys do turn up.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hotel is in a good location.
Walking distance to Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Centennial Park, Hard Rock Cafe and Hooters.
Budget and Avis across the street.
Very helpfull and friendly staff, specially Paul Bolhuis!
Rooms are very confortable and clean!
Will stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! It sounds like you really enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of downtown Atlanta. We appreciate your kind feedback on our guest rooms and staff as well. Paul is a true hospitality professional and an excellent resource to guests. We look forward to your next visit. Safe travels!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

They put themselves out as a major downtown Atlanta Hotel when in fact my room appeared to be in need of more then just a little new paint. My room was on the 11th, top, floor which gave me a hope for somthing special, but it was just average. The beds were good, the room was clean, good sized flat screen television, but not as nice as a major downtown Atlanta hotel. The doors inside the room all slide. The one on the closet was a real workout to oprn and close. The bathroom door is not a pocket door but a sliding door on the outside wall of the room. The bathroom was so small that you cound not have a door that opened normally. The furnishings inside the bath were nice, but if you were the least bit tall you would have to stoop to stand in the shower. The actual bedroom was slap full of furnitue. In fact, the very nice desk chair could not be slid under the desk which meant you had less than a foot of walking distance to get between the end of one of the beds and the chair. A great and comfortable chair to work from but poor planning. Their web site advertises the only downtown Atlanta hotel that gives you free Internet, but that is only true if you go to the nice Internet area on the third floor, but wi-fi from your room will add $12.95 a day. They do have a simply beautiul indoor pool area surrounding by green foliage and a great bar. Watch out for the parking fees...$22 per day selfpark and $29 a day valet.

The staff was great and wanted to do anything they could to make your stay better. My room did not have a bedside phone and the maid took it upon herself to make it right and kept telling me that I was important and she would take care of it.