“Nice Hotel close to everything”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to atlanta for my husband's birthday. The hotel was very nice, staff was very helpful. In the middle of the night our air conditioning started to make a very loud racket and they quickly helped move us to another room and gave us breakfast on the house. I would reccomend this hotel for anyone looking to have a great time in Atlanta without having to drive. The beds were also very comfortable.

Room Tip: south tower has better views
Thank GABE AND DARLEN... W
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us over his birthday. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation as it is the highest form of flattery you could pay us. Come back and see us soon! Until then, safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Atlanta Hotel

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for a 4 day weekend in Hotlanta! Great friendly service at the hotel. All the employees were friendly and helpful. The room was excellent and the housekeeping was equally the same. Walking distance to Olympic Park, World of Coke, and the Georgia Aquarium, and lots of great restaurants. There is also a good little Gyro shop across the street for carry-out or delivery if you want to hang around the pool.

Room Tip: Pool side or city view needs to be requested if you spend much time looking out your windows. other...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your review with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend getaway in Atlanta! We are grateful for your kind words on our guest rooms, location, and especially our housekeeping staff, as they do not always get the recognition they most certainly deserve. We hope to see you again. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when we arrive here after an $80 Priceline Bid for a single night. The amenities and location are great even if a block away from Peachtree Street. Room was as you would expect for a high end establishment.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thanks so much for sharing your review with us. It sounds like you really enjoyed your experience and were particularly impressed by our hotel, amenities and location. We hope to see you again in the future! Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked our hotel on a discount site, so without that savings, my review probably would have been worse. This is a lovely hotel with great potential...especially for a weekend getaway when after a day of touring you are more than happy to relax at your base camp. The main restaurant has a very nice bar, a small restaurant with good service and tasy food, and a nice view overlooking the huge indoor courtyard with trees with little white lights, a very good size heated pool (10 feet deep at one point), and a hot tub. They staff was quite pleasant and the location convenient enough...farther than many hotels from the main sites, but still a very acceptable walk. The room was not big, but had a nice big window and was comfortable and cozy.

So what then are my complaints? We were really looking forward to using the hot tub; but thought the trip it was lukewarm at best. No signs were ever posted and it continued to run. And despite a call on the night of our arrival about the problem, nothing was said. It was only when we were checking out that we were told something was broken and they were waiting on a part. My second complaint was that on all 3 night I could have, and on one night did, call the front desk because of our very rude, noisy and disruptive neighbors. They screamed, pounded doors and slammed them at all hours of the night...I'm talking 4 or 5 am. The night I called, they were fighting in the hall right outside our door about midnight. My third and final complaint is that we received no housekeeping service Sunday; after a full day of exploring we returned at 330 only to have to make our own bed. Luckily, we are fairly neat!

So, while I have seen this hotel rated as a 4 star, and it certainly has that potential, I have had better stays at "simpler" establishments. Would I stay again? Sure..if I got the same discount I did this time. But would I seek them out and pay full price? No way.

Room Tip: Higher would be better
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your kind words on our hotel, restaurant, staff and location. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay overall. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences associated with the hot tub. If there was an issue on our end, we certainly should have posted something alerting guests. We know noisy neighbors are a nuisance and we do everything we can to keep this to a minimum by enforcing strict "quiet hours" overnight. We hope you decide to give us another shot in the future. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I attended a Black tie event at the Sheraton. We were not guests of the Sheraton. Upon exiting the elevator, my wife broke one of the bands of her left shoe. It's 9:35 PM. Checked the gif shop in the lobby, and could not find a suitable pair of shoes to buy. The hotel Manager offered to take the broken shoe and attempt to repair it himself. Fifteen minutes later, he returned with the shoe repaired; he had stiched the shoe himself. When asked how much did that cost us, he replied that the service of absolutely free of charge. While we could not accurately measure the value of this gesture, we are certain that we would post this note to allow other travelers to see a couple's perspective on a real life situation that turned out to be one of the most touching experiences. Kudos to the Banquets Manager, Okan Hazar!

Room Tip: Lodging was not part of the experience. We reside in Atlanta and only attended an event being hoste...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. We are thrilled to hear about your experience at the Black Tie event and your interaction with Okan. What a kind and wonderful service he was able to provide you with! Okan is a star on our team and a wonderful asset to our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again, hopefully overnight! Safe travels.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Recently stayed here during my trip to the AmericasMart Gift Show. Arrived at 9:00 a.m. the day we were to check in and they kept our bags for us until our room was ready and we were off to the Mart! They called me when our room was ready. Arriving back to the hotel we were greeted by the most welcoming staff I have ever encountered in all my stays at hotels. We experienced this each time we arrived back at the hotel in the three days we stayed there. Our room was very clean, although it was on the small side, we didnt need that much room as we were gone from the room most of the time we were there. My only problem with the room was there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, so when you shower the room fogs up. Fandangles bar area was fabulous! Tanya D. was our waitress and she made us feel like family. The angus burger was supuerb, cooked perfectly! We were greeted at our table by the manager Karim who asked if there was anything else we needed to make our stay better. We ate there on our last night in Atlanta, and we wished we had gone there for dinner every night! The Club Room was exceptional. Great breakfast offerings from fruit to hot sandwiches. The neighborhood was not "sketchy" as reported in an earlier post, not sure what they were talking about. Very short walk to AmericasMart. To top it off, I left my phone charger in the room when we checked out. When I realized it two days later, I called and they had found it and mailed it to me FedEx and I had it in two days. After staying here once, I will defeinely stay here each and every time I am in Atlanta.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor in the South Tower. Not much of a view, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review! We were so pleased to read about your experience. AmericasMart guests are among our very favorite to host so your impression is particularly important to us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback on our staff, restaurant, Club Lounge and location. We agree that our hotel is situated in the hub of downtown Atlanta, a short walk to most of the city's most popular locations and attractions. We look forward to your next say. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We found this on Priceline. It was fine for the discounted rate, but is just far enough from downtown to feel like its in the middle of nowhere. Room was clean, but cramped. Just seemed like a typical, old hotel, that has been slightly updated. We switched to the Omni for the last 2 nights of our trip. Much nicer, better location, but about twice as expensive. If you just need a place to sleep its OK, but don't make it a destination. Also, our room sat right over the road, so that combined with the loud HVAC, made for a loud night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We’re disappointed you didn’t enjoy your stay with us more. We’re glad that you were able to find a hotel that more suited your specific needs. As you can see from the rankings here, most people really like our hotel and our convenient location in downtown (just a couple of blocks from the hotel you moved to). Best of luck with your future travels.