“Great hotel location for leisure travelers and for those who prefer to use public transport.”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #47 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Sheraton hotel is in an excellent location in downtown Atlanta and is only a couple of blocks from the Peachtree Center Station (I took the MARTA subway train from the airport to the hotel). Since I did not rent a car, I can not comment on the parking facilities. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance of the hotel including the Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters, and the Peachtree Mall food court, so I did not eat at the hotel. The renovated rooms are nice, yet small with comfortable beds. I do agree with some of the other reviewers that there was a lot of noise coming from both the bathroom plumbing/vents and from the hallway. Even though there is no free internet service in the room, there is complementary wifi in the business center (guests can either use their own laptops or use the hotel computers). Also, customer service was great, and the lobby appearance and other facilities (i.e. fitness center) were nice. I would return if I had to stay in downtown again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind remarks on our location, customer service and guest rooms. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again in the future. Hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy a meal in one of our restaurants! Safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,264)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Let me first start by sating we are frequent visitor to the city of Atlanta from Toronto Canada and have stayed in MANY Atlanta hotels and this is by far the peach on the cobbler. We checked in the day before new year’s eve in hopes to change over to a hotel we knew was nice and had pre-booked for new years eve. But once we had checked in we fell in love with the room! The set up with our balcony facing the pool was really nice. When we called down to ask if we could stay another night the woman who picked up the phone sounded so pleasant and happy to be there! She told us to check in the morning so the next morning we went down to the front desk and was greeted by Azania she handled it all for us made sure we received a late check out told us about the pool and the Jacuzzi we had such an amazing chat with her my friend and I felt as though she came with us! On our way out of the hotel we were graciously approached by a bellman named le’var who kindly asked if we needed a cab or directions. We asked for the subway and he took his time to slowly explain in detail were to go. He was so warm and welcoming he told us his name and told us if we needed anything to let him or the front desk know. The rest our stay continued with the same standard of excellence my friend and I were more than impressed with the customer service. Especially the attention to detail and personality that Azania and le’var possess, I commend the Sheraton Atlanta and I plan to visit again in February and will be encouraging all my friends to book there.

Room Tip: The pool is amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We could not be more pleased to hear how well your stay with us went. As a frequent traveler to Atlanta, your kind remarks are especially appreciated. Azania and le'var are incredible assets to our guests and we will be sure to thank them for going above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcomed. We look forward to your next visit! Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I am an SPG Gold member and travel to Atlanta at least once a month for business. I usually stay at Westin locations, but tried the Sheraton due to proximity to meetings. Perhaps symptomatic of the time of year, with schools still on break, but the noise at 1am to 2am each night of my stay of numerous folks returning to their rooms and then taking showers and preparing for bed was unacceptable.

The water noise and water hammer issue is extremely loud , even with the fan in the trim on high to try and mask it.

The staff in the hotel were very friendly during my stay and check in and valet was great.

However, the disruption so late at night / early in the morning as described above means I would strongly caution business travelers, especially around holidays.

Better Starwood choices are Westin or W hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Derekk123
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are surprised and disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us more. We host many business travelers each week and most are more than satisfied with our hotel and convenient location in downtown Atlanta. We apologize for the excess noise you experienced in your guest room and can assure you that is not a typical experience of our guests. We hope you decide to give us another chance in the future. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great customer service. Clean rooms. Flat screen TV's. Comfy beds. Spacious rooms. $25 parking. Great location. Over all, I would go back!

The self-parking was a bit of a task because the exit is not well placed nor efficient. It took almost 30 minutes to exit the parking facility at checkout time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. We are so pleased to hear you found our property to be accommodating and especially that you have plans to stay with us again! We apologize for the minor inconvenience you experienced while exiting our parking garage. Even with our two separate exits, it can be challenging for any hotel to usher out hundreds of guests at a time during high demand check-out periods. We look forward to your next visit. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed at many different five star hotels all over the world , however I have never experienced every single staff member of an establishment go above and beyond like they did at this hotel. From the bellman Marcus and Marvin to the front desk clerk, bartenders Nicole and management Karim and Niles I was highly impressed and will definitely stay there again. The beds are very comfortable and hotel is extremely nice and clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsSmith12
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Wow! What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. Coming from such an experienced traveler, you compliments are particularly appreciated. Our staff truly enjoys providing memorable experiences for our guests and we will be sure to thank each person you mentioned for their service. We hope to see you again soon. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our room was not ready when we arrived at 3:30. I waited in the lobby until after 5. The staff were very nice and apologetic. When I was able to check in, I was told they were otw up with our luggage. 2 hrs later I had to come back down for luggage. We were given a nice corner room. Comfy beds. But very hot and stuffy the entire stay. Also, there were no wash cloths or shampoo in our room and didn't appear to be cleaned well. There were clothes in our closet from previous person. The pool area is very nice. Kids loved it. Cannot stress enough how nice and accommodating the staff are. Just expected a little less hassle for the money!

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for sharing your review with us and please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences associated with your guest room preparation. We know how frustrating it can be not to have your expectations met and can assure you this type of experience is very rare for our guests. In spite of your disappointments, we really appreciate your kind words on our poolside Garden Courtyard and service levels. We hope you give us an opportunity in the future to give you a true Sheraton Atlanta experience. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went to Atlanta for a weekend getaway w/my gf and it was a perfect location. Hotel was closed to all the attractions. Check in process was easy and fast, our room was clean and welcoming, Room service delivered our food in a timely manner and was cooked perfect. Staff was very friendly especially Mr. Borahan gave us excellent customer service and excellent recommendations. It was our first time in Atlanta and we are definitely coming back. I would recommend this hotel for both pleasure or business purposes...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. It sounds like you had an excellent experience with us and particularly enjoyed our hotel's location, In Room Dining, and service levels. Borahan is a wonderful addition to our team and a true asset to our guests. Your recommendation is the highest compliment you could pay us and we sincerely appreciate it. We look forward to your next visit. Safe travels!