Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
$182
$131
Agoda.com
3,301 results
All reviewsthe club loungejerome smithretractable roofself parkingthird floorbell staffsouthern hospitalitygreat customer serviceindoor poolthe entire staffolympic parkgeorgia aquariumfandanglesshirleyconferencebellmandowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Check in was slow, my room was booked online and paid for already, but still was slow getting things together. I booked a double room and recieved a king with a rollaway bed....not very comfortable for 4 people I might add! The "russian" that checked us in was irratated that she had to assist us with checking in...I guess she was headed to break. If I knew that a convention was here I would have booked a room somewhere else. The room is so tiny, at least in Midtown 4 people could have enough room to walk around! Needless to say I asked for a refund for my other two nights stay and moved to another hotel. I was highly disappointed with this hotel. I heard so many good things about this hotel and yet it was disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank livelywoman04
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

We sincerely apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. It sounds like we weren't well prepared for your arrival and that's unacceptable. It's certainly not indicative of our normal service levels. I am a bit surprised by your comment about the room size as our guest rooms are considered above average by most travelers. Again, we apologize that you didn't experience us at our best and wish you safe and happy travels in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Hotel is conveniently located downtown, especially for those who will be attending Braves games. Superb customer service, extremely friendly and helpful staff. Clean room. Loved the white comforter and coverlet. Received a surprise banana loaf made by the chef. Pool and spa areas were clean and comfortable. The only complaint that I have is regarding the ceiling in the bath above the shower; if you are tall, you may leave shampoo on the ceiling; my husband is 6'4, and he did this by accident. Otherwise, the room was clean, comfortable, and noise free.

• Stayed: July 2011
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thanks very much for your review! It's great to see that you enjoyed yourself while in Atlanta, and the staff connected with you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This place is a hell hole! Where do I began, well first off I thought it would be nice to bring my family to Atlanta for a few days since the kids are out of school. I picked this specific hotel because it had a beautiful pool. We get to the hotel the pool is closed darn near the whole week why we were there because of some function. They sent us all the way up the street somewhere to another hotel to use the pool. If I wanted to stay at the hotel where they sent me I would have booked a room there not at the SHERATON. I complained to the front desk "manager" Derrick -- and he could care less! He had the worst, I mean the worst nonchalant, rudest, snappiest attitude I have ever experienced. I decided to eat at the restaurant the food would have been okay but I ordered crab cakes as appetizers and I think I ate more of the shell than the crab. I mean I thought that is what I was paying an arm and a leg for the shells to atleast be removed from my food. And the rooms lets not even talk about them, small, smelled of mildew, saw several cock roaches. The only thing positive I can say about the hotel is that it was in a good location and the staff in the hotel were very friendly with the exception of Derrick! The concierge were very nice and the housekeepers were nice even though none of them spoke English and understood what the hell I was saying. All I can say is if you're looking for a nice vacation spot Sheraton Atlanta Hotel is not the place to go!!! Stay far away!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank mlove_43
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here at the start and finish of our vacation in America. Our first room was fine but the one at the end of the holiday was not so good - we were told some of the rooms are being upgraded and thats why ours did not have a fridge or safe. On the positive side the restaurant was great, very helpful staff and the food was first rate, The bar was also excellent with some of the most helpful bar staff we found in America. The hotel is within easy walking distance of Atlanta Aquarium, which is a must visit and Coca-cola world, which we did not get time to see. The hotels pool is probably the best we have seen. Lots of plants and very well set out. This is also a bit of a problem as it is so good it seems to be used quite a lot for functions, so hotel guests are unable to use it at times. When functions are scheduled the retractable roof is kept closed to keep the area cool. So guests can use it before the function, but no sunshine ! Bit annoyed at this as we did pick the hotel because of the pool, we did mention it to one of the managers, who said she would arrange a free meal to compensate us for not being able to use the pool, but it never happened. This apart, our stay was fine,the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again if we return to Atlanta.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thanks so much for your kind review of the hotel and staff! We're thrilled you loved the staff, the location, the food and the pool. Our associate was correct that we are in the process of adding safes to all of our guest rooms, it's another great amenity! I apologize that we weren't able to provide you with a room with one installed. All rooms will have safes by the end of August. As with most Sheratons, our rooms do not have refridgerators, though they are available upon request for a nominal fee and based on availability. You're correct, the pool is a very busy area and it's unfortunate thay we had events schedules that interfered with your leisure time, please accept our apologies. Thanks again for all the nice remarks and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

The staff were some of the friendliest, most polite, most helpful staff I have encountered in the service industry. Level of service was more on par with that of a high-end luxury hotel. Definitely recommend to anyone staying in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

We really appreciate your review! Five star service is exactly what we're working toward every day at the Sheraton Atlanta. I'm very happy our efforts resonated with you. Safe travels and see you next time!