“Excellent!”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #45 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Hotel is conveniently located downtown, especially for those who will be attending Braves games. Superb customer service, extremely friendly and helpful staff. Clean room. Loved the white comforter and coverlet. Received a surprise banana loaf made by the chef. Pool and spa areas were clean and comfortable. The only complaint that I have is regarding the ceiling in the bath above the shower; if you are tall, you may leave shampoo on the ceiling; my husband is 6'4, and he did this by accident. Otherwise, the room was clean, comfortable, and noise free.

• Stayed: July 2011
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thanks very much for your review! It's great to see that you enjoyed yourself while in Atlanta, and the staff connected with you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This place is a hell hole! Where do I began, well first off I thought it would be nice to bring my family to Atlanta for a few days since the kids are out of school. I picked this specific hotel because it had a beautiful pool. We get to the hotel the pool is closed darn near the whole week why we were there because of some function. They sent us all the way up the street somewhere to another hotel to use the pool. If I wanted to stay at the hotel where they sent me I would have booked a room there not at the SHERATON. I complained to the front desk "manager" Derrick -- and he could care less! He had the worst, I mean the worst nonchalant, rudest, snappiest attitude I have ever experienced. I decided to eat at the restaurant the food would have been okay but I ordered crab cakes as appetizers and I think I ate more of the shell than the crab. I mean I thought that is what I was paying an arm and a leg for the shells to atleast be removed from my food. And the rooms lets not even talk about them, small, smelled of mildew, saw several cock roaches. The only thing positive I can say about the hotel is that it was in a good location and the staff in the hotel were very friendly with the exception of Derrick! The concierge were very nice and the housekeepers were nice even though none of them spoke English and understood what the hell I was saying. All I can say is if you're looking for a nice vacation spot Sheraton Atlanta Hotel is not the place to go!!! Stay far away!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank mlove_43
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here at the start and finish of our vacation in America. Our first room was fine but the one at the end of the holiday was not so good - we were told some of the rooms are being upgraded and thats why ours did not have a fridge or safe. On the positive side the restaurant was great, very helpful staff and the food was first rate, The bar was also excellent with some of the most helpful bar staff we found in America. The hotel is within easy walking distance of Atlanta Aquarium, which is a must visit and Coca-cola world, which we did not get time to see. The hotels pool is probably the best we have seen. Lots of plants and very well set out. This is also a bit of a problem as it is so good it seems to be used quite a lot for functions, so hotel guests are unable to use it at times. When functions are scheduled the retractable roof is kept closed to keep the area cool. So guests can use it before the function, but no sunshine ! Bit annoyed at this as we did pick the hotel because of the pool, we did mention it to one of the managers, who said she would arrange a free meal to compensate us for not being able to use the pool, but it never happened. This apart, our stay was fine,the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again if we return to Atlanta.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thanks so much for your kind review of the hotel and staff! We're thrilled you loved the staff, the location, the food and the pool. Our associate was correct that we are in the process of adding safes to all of our guest rooms, it's another great amenity! I apologize that we weren't able to provide you with a room with one installed. All rooms will have safes by the end of August. As with most Sheratons, our rooms do not have refridgerators, though they are available upon request for a nominal fee and based on availability. You're correct, the pool is a very busy area and it's unfortunate thay we had events schedules that interfered with your leisure time, please accept our apologies. Thanks again for all the nice remarks and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

The staff were some of the friendliest, most polite, most helpful staff I have encountered in the service industry. Level of service was more on par with that of a high-end luxury hotel. Definitely recommend to anyone staying in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

We really appreciate your review! Five star service is exactly what we're working toward every day at the Sheraton Atlanta. I'm very happy our efforts resonated with you. Safe travels and see you next time!

Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed here last night as a diversion from home. My wife works in downtown and decided to meet her for dinner after work as a surprise.

We enjoyed dinner in town at Trader Vic's just across the street and walked "home" to the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel for the night. Since we both had cocktails at dinner we decided to just grab a hotel and stay in town for the night rather than get behind the wheel of the car, never a DUI. A hotel room is cheaper than an evening in jail would be not to mention the consequences. We have been SPG members since 1998 and have been a Platinum member for every year. Staying in hotels for business and pleasure is anywhere from 100 to 200 nights every year, and Starwood (SPG) properties are our preferred place to stay.

What a great surprise with the newly remodeled Sheraton, $20M dollar (USD) renovation. Although the regular rooms are on the smaller size, what do you really need such a large room for, when all you are doing in looking for a clean and comfortable nights sleep. Sheraton and the "Sweet Sleeper" beds and linens are just like our bed at home, very comfortable. There is nothing worse than staying in a hotel room where the bed is uncomfortable and then waking up miserable.

The front desk staff person Fantasia (yes that is the young womans name) was great, super friendly on the phone and in person. Upon checking in I was informed we were upgraded to the SPG Club Level floor (11th floor South Tower) and being an SPG member we were given access to the Club Lounge that included breakfast in the morning. Michael the lounge host was very courteous and friendly. He was very attentive and checked with us several times while we were eating to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The Steel Cut Oatmeal and fresh mixed berries was very good to say the least, great selection of fresh fruit and cereal choices, coffee, tea and bottled juices. We are huge oatmeal eaters for breakfast and love that every Sheraton Club Lounge that offers breakfast serves the same quality oatmeal. Very healthy and good for the busy traveller, keeps you going all day. Nothing better than starting the day with a good breakfast, nothing heavy to slow you down!

Since we arrived too late we were not able to use the pool facilities, but from the photos on the hotel website and through the SPG site it looks quite nice, perhaps even better than the St. Regis in Buckhead where we have stayed before on one of our evenings out on the town. Funny thing is we live very close to downtown and could have just as easily taken a cab home, but we figure why not splurge.

We would definitely would recommend this property to anyone coming to visit Atlanta on business or pleasure. Nice city views, clean and comfortable rooms, and most of all a great staff, from the valet and bellmen to the front desk, to the lounge and restaurant staff. Well done Sheraton Downtown Atlanta, well done!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if possible, city views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

What a great review! The whole team will be excited that they've made such a strong impact with a such a seasoned traveler. As a Platinum SPG member, we know you see many hotels and encouter lots of staff. Your comments on our team reenforces our service and culture efforts. We'll do something special for Fantasia and Michael in appreciation of their lasting connection with you. That is exactly what we've been working towards! We're very glad you took the safe and responsible route and please come see us again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton over Memorial Day weekend and we had an amazing time. From the minute we checked in we felt pampered. The front desk staff was very accomodating, allowing us to move up to a King bed without any fuss. When we got to our room we were absolutely amazed. It was a corner room with two walls of windows! We had a great view of downtown. The linens were clean and the bed was oh so comfortable.
During our stay we decided to take advantage of the room service, and the Sheraton did not disappoint! The food was delicious and delivered rather quickly. It was pricey, but well worth the convenience.
Fortunately for us, we didn't get to do all we came to do in Atlanta, so I guess we will get to stay at our new favorite hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011

We really appreciate your review and the kind words! We've shared your comments with the entire team already - it's great for them to see that their connections with you have created a returning guest. We sincerely appreciate your business, thanks for choosing the Sheraton Atlanta!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Excellent Hotel and Staff. The front desk staff are the best very friendly and professional. The real hot tip is the hotel restaurant and especially the lunch buffet - really nice food and at a very reasonable price. I spend over 200 nights a year in hotels, This hotel is my first choice when in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Hotel restaurant Lunch Buffet
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Coming from someone with 200+ nights per year in hotels, your excellent review is very special to us! Thanks very much for the accolades and the tip on the restaurants. We think our chefs are some of the best in the business too (and I eat here 200+ days a year!). See you next time!