“Great affordable stay!”

Ranked #143 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
southern us
“Great affordable stay!”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My daughter wanted to look at Emory University. This motel fit our budget and provided easy interstate access. It was only about 10 minutes away. I thought the motel was very clean. The staff was friendly and efficient. If in this area again I would not hesitate to stay there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 26, 2007

My parents were staying here and I was visiting them in Atlanta. The place was a quuen bed room. It was clean as far as I could see. The bathroom was well maintained however, the toilet is so close the wall, one would have to sit sideways. The housecleaning stated that they do not make beds and they had to be convinced to do the simplest task such as refill toiletries. Nothing seemed to be missing or stolen from the room when we would return, so it seemed safe. Breakfast consisted of cereals, bread, waffles and milk. Not much more. Free computer with internet use in lobby. One computer, limit 30 mins per person. Wall unit AC got the room cold on one side while it would be very hot on the inside area and bathroom.

• Liked — easy freeway access
  • Disliked — housekeeping service
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dippen
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2007

After reading some negative reviews I was a bit hesitant to stay at this property, but the location was where I needed to be. The hotel was featured at $56, and that is about what it was worth. The hotel is on the freeway service drive so you might find rooms quieter on the back side of the property. Rooms were very clean and featured a fridge. Bathrooms were dated, but clean. Plenty of hot water and good shower water pressure. A continental breakfast is only available till 9. It was pretty basic. Neighborhood is marginal. I would stay at this property again.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank arbyintx
Charlotte,NC
Reviewed January 11, 2006

What a birthday to remember(: I drove from NC to Atlanta for my birthday.I booked the cheapest room possible at the Quality Inn for 1 night that had a smoking, full-size bed, (I don't smoke but wanted to save a few dollars)

Where do I begin!!!!I will save the best for last....ha!

I entered the room and discovered the chairs had holes in them, there were four lamps but only two had light bulbs, one of the lamp shades was dented, the walls had smoke burns and the carpet was stained and quite worn. I made a u-turn back to the reservation desk and reported what I saw, but the manager showed absolutely no concern, he said he will make a note of it and inform maintenance the next day.

(no offer extended for a different room at all)

There was also a hole in the hallway ceiling where plaster had fallen out, there was a nasty wash cloth slung over the shower rod. The towels were not restocked, only two were available.

And last but not least.....I found a condom wrapper on the floor beside the bed (initally hidden by the comforter on the bed). The next morning while packing to get out of there as fast as possible, I plugged my curlers into the wall behind the dresser and what gift do i find waiting for me???? A(USED CONDOM) on the floor.

Need I say more?

One positive thing did come out this nightmare on Shallowford Drive....while checking out, a different manager was quite apologetic and explained that this was not a normal situation. He gave me a full credit back to my credit card for the cost of the room.

Needless to say, no words can fully express how traumatic this experience was for me

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank Made2Travel
Greensboro,North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I stayed at this hotel back in april and I can tell from the outside that it was rundown and the check in was not all that great and the staff I did not meet at all but, the room was dirty. The floor looked liked it had never been vacumed or sweeped at all and the beds were hard and the bathroom was half cleaned and the room had this funny order that I could not described good thing that we only stayed there for one night.

• Stayed April 2004
4 Thank beth27406
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 25, 2003

When thinking about this place, I think of Eric Cartman singing "In The Ghetto." The location of the motel is in the middle of the ghetto, and it has been rundown. The staff didn't give us the extra pillows we had asked for. The bed were less than comfortible. The "Cable TV" line-up was all of 15 channels, and all the local channels came in poorly. The room was in bad shape, and thankfully we didn't spend very much time in the room. There were nats swarming the breakfast muffins. The outside appearance gives the impression that the owners thought a new coat of paint would make it look better than what it actually is. Bottom Line... Staff Sucked, Breakfast Sucked, Room Sucked... Overall... Motel Sucked!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member