“Steve Harvey Neighbor Awards”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great location. Neighborhood Awards Show at the Phillips Arena. Which is just down stairs of the hotel. Didn't have to get out into the rain. Great Hotel. Safe hotel. Convenient to all of the attractions.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank larrym685
Write a ReviewReviews (6,083)

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The daily parking rate of $32 is ridiculous especially when we had to wait 14 hours the first night before they found our car & 3 hours the second day. Our room was not cleaned it was "straightened up". Overall we were extremely disappointed with our stay and will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank starling001
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear starling001,

I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the disappointment in your stay here at the Omni Hotel at CNN center. The information you have shared serves as valuable feedback for myself and my staff. I can ensure you that displeasing experiences are rare for the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any additional concerns. We hope that you do choose to stay with us next time that you visit Atlanta and allow us to improve your present opinion.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I travel frequently for business and the CNN Omni staff has the friendliest, most helpful staff of any hotel in which I have stayed. From the valet, doormen, housekeeping, and maintenance--everyone went out of their way to greet me, be friendly, and offer any assistance I needed. The hotel is also very centrally located and attached to a wide variety of restaurant options. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights. Staff was always friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean although maids did not arrive until 6 p.m. on 2nd day to freshen up room and they did not have any clean towels with them. Towels were fluffy. No free breakfast but food court is just down the escalator with many offerings. Convenient location. Good value. Valet parking worked well but $32/night seems too high to me. especially when you add a tip on top of the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear 256junep,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay at Omni Hotel at CNN Center. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall experience, however I would like to extend my apologies for not meeting your full expectations. We carefully review all feedback and I have shared your concerns with our Leadership Team and Housekeeping Management. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our gracious hospitality during your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Room was not ready despite completing online check-in and was not ready for more than another 2 hours. We chose this hotel based on ratings and proximity to Turner Field but were told it wasn't a good idea of us to walk there.

Dear Cindy P,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment in your experience here at Omni Hotel at CNN Center. I understand your frustration in the delay in your room not being ready upon arrival and assure you that the lack of efficiency is rare at our property. Additionally, I apologize for the confusion in the location of our hotel in proximity to Turner Field. While we are closely located to public transportation to get to Turner Field, it is not a walkable trip in and of itself. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again so that we may have the opportunity to improve your opinion and so that you will be able to take advantage of the numerous wonderful attractions that are indeed within walking distance of the hotel.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I chose the Omni Hotel for a few reasons: Location- very convenient, one of the very few I could afford offering rooms with balcony rooms, and, a pool. However - the pool, eh. Besides very small pool, (deepest part of pool is 4 feet) and pool area....... Pool needs better monitoring: One day there were no towels, after 30 minutes I called hotel on my cell phone to ask for towels. However - more importantly than towels: One afternoon, pool was over run with kids - pool is very small, 12 to 14 school age kids running, screaming, jumping splashing. Did not make for pleasant poolside afternoon. Very next day - pool was overrun with teenagers, just as loud & obnoxious. Literally took over the entire area! 6, 7, 8 of them, crammed into the hottub just sitting there, no room for anyone else. The whole group playing Marco Polo in the pool, grabbing at eachother, swimming in between oeachothers legs! I certainly don't want to be in the pool while that's going on! Hotel should have an someone keep an eye on pool area to ensure guest like me who want to relax and enjoy some pooltime have a chance to do so. This was very disappointing!

1  Thank Louise S

Dear Louise S.,

Thank you so very much for your comments regarding your recent experience here at Omni Hotel at CNN Center. I greatly appreciate your patronage as well as your kind words about our property and prime location. I would like to apologize for the less than ideal pool experience that you had during your stay. I understand the frustration in wishing to relax and instead being inundated with a high level of noise; please rest assured that I have taken your suggestions for pool monitoring into consdieration and plan to discuss with the rest of the operational team. Thank you, once again, for taking the time to share feedback about your time with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a excellent time during our stay. We were there for a family vacation and could not have asked for a better experience. The hotel was in a great location, within walking distance from the Aquarium, World of Coke and other attractions. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back!

1  Thank Richard G

Dear Richard G.,

Your kind words regarding your experience with your family here at Omni Hotel at CNN Center are genuinely appreciated. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the location of our property and were able to take advatage of the world-renowned atractions that we have in our direct vicinity! It would be my pleasure to welcome you again during your next visit to Atlanta! We hope that you will have the opportunity to return soon.