“Great location for downtown attractions”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #48 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Nashville
“Great location for downtown attractions”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our family of 4 recently stayed 2 nights in the North Tower of the Omni Atlanta. While finding the turn in was a bit tricky (calling ahead to find if you are in the North or South Tower might be helpful), check-in was very fast. Our room was maybe a little dated, but there is plenty of room to move around the bathrooms are very large. The view of the park, ferris wheel and CNN building made up for it.

The location of the hotel is perfect for walking to Centennial Park, the GA Aquarium and The World of Coke. It would also be perfect for an event in the GA Dome or Phillips Arena. One of the best features especially for traveling families is that the two towers of the hotel are attached by an enclosed walkway, so the food court at CNN is very accessible. There is the usual assortment of fast food, but there is also a gem in Fresh To Order. The fast casual place has very fresh, very generous servings at extremely reasonable prices. This is important to know because even though downtown is a tourist area, most sit down restaurants are expense account priced. Also being downtown, many places within walking distance are only open for breakfast or lunch.

A few of the down sides now. be aware valet parking is $32 per night. This is high, but your car is secure and getting the car from valet only takes a bit of pre-planning. You do have in/out privileges if you want to leave the area. I'd just recommend calling ahead by about 20 minutes because not all cars are in the Omni garage, but are parked in a garage a couple of blocks away. Second, wifi is $9.95 per day. This is waved for Select Guest members (free membership), but not for those booking via a 3rd party like Hotels.com. The last thing is that this is a very large hotel with a huge group sales business. When we were there, there was an Hispanic Jehovah Witness group staying there and things were gearing up for Praise in the Park which is one of the largest outdoor Christian music festivals. Everyone was just lovely but there was CONSTANT activity in the halls, elevators and public areas. Just know you aren't going to be in a quiet retreat by any stretch of the imagination.

Room Tip: Go high on the CNN side for views of the city.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Korean first
Upper Marlboro, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We checked into a dirty bathroom.... the sheets were not changed after the first night, no new soap was left, hair was left on the bathroom floor, when asked the housekeeper who had "cleaned" our room why our floor was still dirty she responded..."oh you want me to sweep too?" REALLY? We never received new towels. Glasses were left on the nightstand with water in them and no new ones were replaced. One old cup was used to put our toothbrushes in by housekeeping. At almost $200 a night for 3 nights and two rooms, I expected WAY more from the Omni. I usually stay at the Ritz or Westin, and i'll be going back to the Ritz or Westin after this stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Danville, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Paid extra for Package, which some staff have no ides what it is - nor do they have in stock - Over 40 minutes standing at Front Desk, still did not get everything. Oh, and the Valet parking lost our car for 45+ minutes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Hotel_Manager_Omni, General Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
dear Kristen C,

We appreciate the feedback you have provided. We have reached out to you directly via private message. We would like to discuss the details of your stay and hope that you will reach out to us directly by phone or email. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to Omni Hotel at CNN Center and we hope to speak with you soon.

Macon, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Omni is a great choice if you want to be close to entertainment, food, and out door fun. It's location to CNN is a plus. I enjoyed being able to walk to dine or just walk through the park. There were events going on in the park daily. I would suggest that if you are not staying for a long period of time that you let the housekeeping staff know if you want your room cleaned or not. Otherwise the Hotel is a great place for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here back in May for our 13th wedding anniversary! We enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to stay again for a two night stay over the past weekend! Needless to say the room, service, and everything was great! You just can't go wrong at this property! We will be guests again

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KH78
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

over ok experience. my honest recommendation please do't stay on the south side of this hotel as the rooms can be comrade to holiday inn. in the past i stayed in the North tower and the rooms are wavy better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Vijay M,

Thank you for offering your feedback regarding your stay here at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. I would like to extend my apologies for your lack of satisfaction in our South Tower guestrooms. Your commendations of our North Tower are greatly appreciated and I assure you that it is understood that the South Tower is in need of updates and such renovations are in our plans. Thank you, once again, for your patronage adn we hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My review, overall is good. Buuuuuuttt! There is a little thing at this Hotel that they call, INCIDENTALS. This is what they charge those of you who book via a Debit Card.I guess the definition of this would be to cover them for such things as Room Service or any slight damage to the room etc.,etc. The fee that they charge, in addition to the cost of your room, is $49. Now, they did make me aware of this when I checked in. She originally told me that the fee was $49. I noticed a charge of $100 to my account. I called down to the Lobby and nobody even bothered to pick up the phone. I had to leave my room, wait for the elevator (which was busy), go downstairs and talk to the young lady who then told me, "Oh, that is $49 PER NIGHT". Well, why didn't you tell me that in the first place. Anyway, I like the Hotel. I LOVE THE LOCATION. POINT BLANK. It's in close proximity to everything major. Georgia World Congress Center, Centennial Park, Georgia Dome, Georgia Aquarium, Restaurants, CNN Center, and a lot of other things. Staff is friendly. The rooms are Clean. I prefer to stay in the North Tower, myself. It's much quieter than the South Tower. I don't like the fact that they don't have free breakfast in the morning nor do I like the fact that they don't have their own Airport Shuttle for Hotel Guests. Those two things ARE A MUST FOR ME WHEN I TRAVEL. But,the location is sooooo good that I have to book here everytime I come to Atlana. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor. If you want action go to the South Tower. If you want peace and qui...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Tyrone J
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Tyrone J.,

I would like to extend my thanks for you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay with us here at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Both your kind words and critiques of our service are greatly appreciated, as they help us to improve our guest's experience. I have addressed the communication of incidental charges with our Front desk staff so as to ensure that all guests are fully informed. I apologize for any disappointments that you experienced while staying with us; guest satisfaction is of complete and utter importance to us. Thank you, once again, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Atlanta soon.