“Very Dissapointed”

Ranked #50 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Texas
“Very Dissapointed”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Customer Service very rude. Not your typical Omni customer service. I choose Omni normally because of the customer service. I you have any issues they take care of it right away. This location will blame it on someone else or have a ridiculous excuse to why they could not help you. My problem was with the courtesy car and how rude the bellman,valet and concierge was with getting the information to me about the courtesy cars rules and regulations. Which made absolutely no sense to me. So I ended up paying ridiculous extra parking fees and taxi fees outside of Omni's ridiculous $32 dollar a day fee. So disappointing, now I see why the rate is half way decent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Hotel_Manager_Omni, General Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Rhonda R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit. We train and remind all our staff to be helpful and courtious and I regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our gracious hospitality during your next trip to Atlanta.

Tom Hazay
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Korean first
Lafayette, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We arrived before check-in time and were allowed to check in early. Room amenities were very nice. Would definitely recommend. Parking was a little expensive, but cost of room was very affordable. Queen beds would have been better, but full size beds did suffice. We were in town for baseball game and public transportation was easy walk to get to Turner Field.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Wanda M
Management100, General Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We sincerely appreciate your letting everyone know about your satisfaction of your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel and we hope you will stay with us again soon!
Florida Panhandle, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

My family & I was in Atlanta for a couple days. We stayed at the Omni for 3 days & 2 nights & I must say we were very pleased with our stay. Speedy valet...yes $32 a night a bit pricey & very friendly staff along the way. Our room was clean & ready immediately at check in. The only issue I would complain about is the food court in the CNN Center closes a bit early on the weekend. We ventured out to see what local restaurants were close & still open one evening because everything in the hotel was closed. Overall we had a great experience & would most definitely book here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimetta M
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. It is always a pleasure to hear our guests say that they had a great experience. We are looking forward to your next stay with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center.
HOSports
Reviewed May 13, 2014

It was just a quick one night stay in downtown Atlanta, however at the Omni, it was great!

The building was right next to everything! We walked to a nearby restaurants through a park and by an arena, and is ATTACHED to the CNN building.

The hotel was clean and nicely furnished. We wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HOSports
We are happy to read your review of your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Thank you so much for staying with us. The next time you visit we hope you will choose to stay a little longer.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a concert at the adjacent Philips Arena yesterday. We decided to book at this hotel due to the close proximity of the arena. The day prior to our arrival we received an email detailing online check-in as a way to save time at the counter. We confirmed the american express that was on the account and selected from a drop down menu our arrival time of 1pm. Immediately I got a confirmation that says "You are now checked-in at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center for arrival on 05/12/2014. Your room is ready and your room key will be waiting for you at the front desk -- without having to wait in line." Upon arrival we were told that our room was not quite ready and that the front desk would be more than willing to hold our luggage for a brief time while the room was cleaned. We were assured that we had booked a premium upgraded room and that it would be worth the wait. We waited 3 HOURS for our room to be ready. We checked in frequently at the desk and were told they were still in the process of cleaning. We spoke with the concierge who refused to call the manager when asked. I called corporate customer service and this was also a joke, I was told the 1pm arrival time was only a request and that check-in was at 3pm, I explained about my confirmation that I received and the agent conceded that this was a confusing email and that she would forward my complaint to that department (she never asked my full name or reservation number). It was only after another confrontation at the front desk and a demand to see the manager that our room was miraculously ready at 3:40pm, the staff are obviously incompetent and unwilling to call a manager to address a problem. I am also very disappointed with the corporate response to my complaint. When corporate provides lousy customer service how can you expect the local hotel to even care. I have stayed at other Omni Hotels in the country and have never had this kind of experience. Needless to say I will not EVER stay here again and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone! The service was so lousy and unacceptable that I am going file a complaint with the better business bureau, the Georgia Department of Tourism, the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau and my local Miami Beach Tourism and Cultural Development Bureau to ensure that that no one is recommended to this horrible hotel.

Room Tip: Corner King Room Great View. Very dated interior. Overall this room was not worth the $300. An ec...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric B
Hotel_Manager_Omni, General Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Eric,

Thank you Kierestin for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that we were able communicate offline and allow me the opportunity to compensate you for your stay. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional experiences, but if things go wrong, we will do all we can to make things right. I look forward to meeting you in person and welcoming you back in the near future.

Tom Hazay
Hotel Manager
Jonesborough
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at the Omni in Atlanta because I have stayed at the Omni in Jacksonville and Richmond while traveling for business. Also, we attended the Braves game and wanted a site close to Turner Field. We found a great rate for a great hotel, had a great stay, $12 cab ride to and from Turner Field and would most definitely stay at the Omni again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Dennis E
Management100, General Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear you will definitely stay with us again at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We look forward to your next visit whether it’s for another Braves game or if it’s for business.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are going to a concert at Philips Arena. It is very convenient to the Olympic Park and CNN. Also within walking distance of many attractions. It is generally a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying at the Omni Hotel a CNN Center for your concert at Philips Arena. We hope you will stay with us the next time your are in Atlanta.