“Atlanta Trip”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the Omni hotel for our trip to Atlanta for the Chick Fil A Kick off Game. The hotel was excellent and in walking proximity to the Georgia Dome. We had excellent service from all of the staff. They were very courteous and friendly. The hotel was a little more expensive than some but the proximity to the Georgia Dome and the ease it provided was well worth the extra money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (6,070)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Omni is right in the center of downtown. Very nice and spacious. Great staff and restaurants. Perfect if you are in town for an event at Phillips Arena or the Georgia Dome. It is in the CNN building and has plenty of restaurant options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm sure my experience was the exception and not the norm. I was there for the chick fil a kickoff classic (best hotel for georgia dome events). We were offered early checkin of 1pm so that's what we based our arrival time on. When we arrive at the hotel our room key was suppose to be hanging on the wall for pickup because of pre-checkin (great idea if it worked). i wait in line for 20 mins to get my room key to be told I can't checkin until after 3. The front desk took my phone number and said they'd call when the room was ready. At 5pm still no call. I call them, "room not ready, take phone number again". I go to football game. At 9pm, no phone call. Game is over so go back to hotel. look on the wall for room key, not there. Wait in line for 15 mins for front desk. Get room key and proceed to room. Open door and there is vomit and used towels in the floor. Go back to front desk and wait for another 15 minutes. Lady at front desk apologized and gives me 50% off room rate. Not a bad deal in theory but with 50% off my new room total is now a mere $230+. $230+ for 8 hours in a puke scented hotel room, not an exceptional deal. I complete the hotel survey and the manager promptly replies (good to know the actually read it), but he only states" sorry for the inconvenience, we hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future". Again, beautiful hotel, great location for event but can't justify the costs of ever staying there again. I wouldn't even expect that experience from a 1 star hotel much less a 4 star. Good luck in making your decision.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank waynem34
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Location was perfect for downtown activities, MARTA access, restaurants. The staff was attentive. Valet parking took excellent care of the car. Beds were wonderful, views great from North Tower, very quiet at night. Had one plumbing problem, which was fixed quickly and followed up by an apology note from hotel management, complimentary turn-down service that night and chocolates! We've never stayed in a hotel with this great a response to a simple problem!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were going to a Falcons game and just didn't want to drive back home on the other side of town after drinking so we decided to just get a room right down the street from the Dome. I was surprised to pay the same price for this top notch hotel as I would a local Holiday Inn. The staff was extremely friendly and polite. The hotel's appearance was impeccable! Service was fast. Location was convenient. View was amazing! Process was easy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed in the Omni in August 2013 while on a business trip. The staff was outstanding. My room was equally nice. Access to the CNN Food Court made breakfast and lunch reasonable. The hotel restaurant was quite good.

I will definitely stay at the Omni on my next trip to Atlanta!

Room Tip: Try the North Tower
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a great place to stay for downtown and for the . Congress Center and Dome. The staff are friendly and helpful. The one draw back is getting your car from the valet when a large check-outhappens after a large sporting event when people leave at about the same time but they are efficient and work as fast and as pleasantly as they can

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family