“Great stay very convienant”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Took my daughter to a concert this past Friday night and I had decided months ago to get a hotel room so I wouldn't have to drive home after the concert and Omni hotel was my first choice. The hotel was very nice, but the room in my opinion wasn't worth what I paid for it but it was the convenience you were paying for. Every employee at the hotel we came in contact with was very nice and I would stay here again especially if I was going to a concert at Phillips Arena.

Room Tip: If you want a City view ask to stay in the North tower we got put in the South tower and we had a vi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dolphin110173
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Atlanta.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,085)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My daughter and I chose this location b/c of CNN and World of Coca Cola. We pulled right up to the North tower to the valet. We checked in but sent to the South Tower for our room- just an easy walk across a bridge connecting buildings. parts of the building may need a little updating but our room was a corner room 1526 with great views over Centennial park. The room was comfy and nice. The building was so convenient to CNN, food court, Wold of Coca Cola, Aquarium and Phillips Arena. We didn't know about the One Direction concert but walked over last night and go very last minute tickets and had a great evening. The breakfast was great and our waiter, Darrel (maybe?) was super nice. Every staff member was wonderful. The waitress in the bar who got us food to take to our room to the valet people. Would stay here again. Not luxurious but was nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Natalie S

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your wonderful feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you and your daughter had such a memorable experience at our hotel and in downtown Atlanta - what luck that you also got to attend the One Direction concert! We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Location 1
Dingy darkest room 10
Oddest shaped room 10
Buckling carpets 10
Trash in the room upon check 10

Drove in from Tampa for a concert. I chose the hotel for its location to the Philips arena. The location can't be beat. However, for the price, I'm shocked at the quality At this hotel. The rooms are in desperate need of a makeover!
And would it kill them to put more than 2 small lights in the room?

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kimberly g
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of the team at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center, I would like to extend an apology for your disappointment in our guestrooms. The maintenance and cleanliness of our guestrooms and guestroom corridors is extremely important to us, and I regret that your experience did not reflect this. Please know that your comments have been shared with our executive committee so that corrective measures can be taken. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to improve your perception of our hotel the next time you visit downtown Atlanta.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Seems like some of the rooms haven't been updated in awhile but maybe I stayed in the wrong tower (south). Unlike some of the pictures at least my room had been updated with a new TV and all HD channels which was nice. I joined their loyalty program and was rewarded with fresh coffee delivered every day which was much appreciated. Also received free internet but only 3mb (that's not a lot!) No stopper for a bath and never received the toothbrush I requested from the room staff. Very firm bed. Great location but don't expect to be overwhelmed by the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask if you want a good view or you will be looking across at the other tower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MH32

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing some feedback about your recent stay. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, I would like to apologize for your disappointment in some of our amenities. Our North Tower has been recently renovated and, as you noticed, we are making some enhancements to the rooms in the South Tower to give them a more modern feel. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Atlanta and allow us the opportunity to treat you to a more memorable experience, regardless of which tower you choose to stay in.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have a convention at the Georgia World Congress Center and the dome and always wanted to try out the Omni since it was the closest to the venue. We got a nice view of Centennial Park. The room was ok, the bed was comfy. I thought the Ritz was better since somehow it smelled good there and had better overall appearance. The toiletries needed improvement and the bathroom was standard, not luxuurious. The location is superb though and the service great!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's location and the view of Centennial Olympic Park from your room, and we hope to see you again the next time you visit downtown Atlanta.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my second stay at the Omni. My first trip was a dream. The room was great and we had no problems so I was super excited that my significant other and I were taking a little anniversary trip to Atlanta and were going to stay again. The first problem happened when we arrived. Instead of the King bed I had booked we were told only a room with double beds was available. The beds were so so small I wasn't able to sleep in the same bed with my SO on our anniversary trip. When we first went to the room I went to turn the television on. It wouldn't work. We finally figured out how to call the front desk to report that. It didn't work the entire time we were there. We were told the cable provider was down. $200+ and no television??? Crazy. After our concert, we were going to grab a drink at the bar in the hotel, Latitudes. After being totally ignored for 15 minutes we gave that up. We went back to our room and I wanted to get some ice so I could have some water. I went for the ice bucket not knowing it was going to be full of water and I spilled it all over me and the floor. Nice cleaning job. We cleaned it out and got some ice. I went to get some water from the faucet in our bathroom. It looked like I had poured Jack Daniels out of the facucet it was so brown so I went to bed thirsty as I didn't want to pay $6 for a bottle of water. My SO tried to talk to the front desk staff about our issues but was told "Oh well that's too bad, sorry". I did a hotel survey and listed my issues and contacted the hotel directly with no response. At this point, I'd have to say I'd never stay here again. Not worth the price paid for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kimberly M

Thank you for your patronage and for sharing your most recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointing stay you and your significant other experienced. While the cable outage was a situation we could not control, it appears as though we missed a few opportunities to make your anniversary celebration a pleasantly memorable one. Your comments have been shared with our guest services and restaurant management so that corrective measures can be taken. We would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in our four-diamond service standards and invite you to give us another chance the next time you visit Atlanta.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is very big and there are two separate towers located on two different sides of the street with an enclosed walking bridge connecting them. Being our first time there it took us a couple of turns to find the valet parking area (only type of parking available). Parking is $30/day which is a bit pricey but is not uncommon for large cities. The front desk staff was very pleasant and very helpful. We did online check-in and they charged our credit card for $50 more than the room charge. When I inquired about this I was told that the additional amount was for any incidentals and if there were none then I would receive a full credit for the additional amount. (I am monitoring my credit card online and still waiting to make sure that this is the case). The sleeping area in the room was very nicely appointed and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and had a different layout than most hotel rooms. We had a balcony with our room (which was unexpected) but the immediate view was of the adjacent tower. You could look at an angle and see Centennial Park and the downtown skyline in the distance. The hotel is connected to the CNN Center which has a food court and a couple of "gift shops" We were there to attend a concert in the Phillips Arena and we were able to walk there thru the CNN Center without having to go outside, which was nice since it was raining. The only problem that we encountered was the TV cable/satellite was out for the entire property and we were not able to watch TV - this bothered my husband more than it did me. While checking out the next morning we expressed our displeasure with the TV situation and they apologized and offered to take care of our parking or offered us a free breakfast. I had logged into their Wi-Fi and did not realize that there was a $9.95/day charge (the log-in screen did not indicate a charge so that was a surprise when I looked at the bill that was slid under our door) so I just asked them to remove that charge from my bill and they happily did so. We would definitely stay here again especially when attending an event at Phillips Arena.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank twobutlers

Thank you for your feedback - I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and our connection to Philips Arena. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused by the cable outage, which occurred when the fiber optic cable that provides our cable television was unintentionally disconnected. We appreciate your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Atlanta!