New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #38 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
New York, NY
“Very nice hotel if you need to be downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great hotel and great service. I was there for a meeting so I cannot comment on how convenient the location was. There are 2 towers which can be a bit of a pain if your room is in one tower and the meetings are in another. Rooms were comfortable and clean the service was fine. Only issue was that the check-in agent never told me about the amenities I could have received like a shoe shine.

Room Tip: High floor in the tower where your meetings are if you are coming for business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your kind feedback! We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience and look forward to treating you to all of our Select Guest benefits the next time you visit to Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Korean first
Stockton, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not a great place, certainly not for the price. Next to the Philips Arena -- yeah, a plus, unless you arrive when a concert is letting out and it takes 20 minutes to drive the last two blocks to the hotel.
On arrival the sign in the hotel driveway saying that I was going to pay $30 a day for parking was a surprise, "billed to your room."
Then at the check-in desk I was told that I had booked two rooms for one day instead of one room for two days. No, I clearly told the reservation clerk I wanted one room for two nights; she said I needed two different reservations since the rates for the two nights were different; she even stated they would link the two nights' reservations so I wouldn't have to change rooms. But the check-in desk clerk asked me if perhaps I hadn't confused the reservation I made, before he eventually fixed it.
In my room, every TV station was 80% static and not viewable.
I had joined the "Omni Club" or whatever so my internet was free, but it was limited to 3 MB -- not cool for a business hotel. I wound up using my own portable hotspot.
Other places I've stayed include a free breakfast, the Omni includes a free coffee. Sitting on the desk in your room is a $6 bottle of water, billed to you if you open it.
And, after checking out, the garage valet said I needed to pay my $60 parking charge in cash, since the credit card machine wasn't working and the charge had not, after all, been "billed to your room" as both the sign and the parking receipt said it would.
There was a beautiful view of downtown Atlanta from my window, but I'd rather have a hotel which is more accessible and has better facilities and is less mistake-prone and less eager to grab every extra dollar they can. Not everyone is on an expense account.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Frank L
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello:
I am very sorry to hear of your less than favourable experience with us, please accept my sincerest apologies for the several inconveniences these instances may have incurred. I assure you this is not the norm. Should your travels bring you to Atlanta in the future, I hope you will re-consider us as an option and give us another opportunity to change your impression of our hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here for a few days mid April for business. The rooms are nice, clean, the staff is very helpful and friendly. The food was good, drinks only "ok." It is a large hotel so you can do a good amount of walking within the hotel as it basically covers two separate blocks. The atrium has a great view of CNN and where they do some of their filming. It is also attached to the Phillips Arena and out the front door is centennial park. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Room Tip: Upper levels have a nice view and block out some of the street traffic
2 Thank PeteG789
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Omni for business reason at CNN. So the hotel was the perfect spot! We had a diner an evening. It was very nice. The hotel is mainly for business and would not recommend it for a pleasure trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Here for a convention at the GWCC so location is the best for convenience. Rooms are somewhat updated, comfortable. I like the A/C is very quiet so good night sleep is a certain. Now for the negative. I left my room at 8am and got back at 4pm. Room was not made. As soon as I sat down to catch my breath housekeeping knocked...told them I would leave in one hour for dinner which I did. 90 minutes later I got back and still the room was not made. Again as soon as I sat down housekeeping knocked. I was out of the room for 10 hours and they could not make the room except for the two hours I was in it. That I do not quite understand. Btw nothing going on at the hotel so not like they we're swamped.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise for a two night conference. The room was beautiful and views amazing. The accessibilities to amenities like a food court, spa and others as well as the service made for a relaxing two night stay. I especially liked the ambiance created with lounge music throughout hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at the Omni for 6 nights in April whilst I attended a conference. The good points were:

- the staff, everyone was really friendly and helpful
- the size of the room, particularly for a city centre hotel, the room was HUGE
- the conference organisation, really good; the hotel made it easy for 500 people to move around between sessions and it felt like the hotel was not at all crowded

The points that were not so good:

- the furniture in the bedroom was a little ... jaded. Everything was clean, but just a bit shabby
- the toiletries in the bathroom were unimpressive and since it is now so difficult to bring liquids on planes, in my opinion it is even more important for business hotels to provide good quality toiletries
- the room service menu choice was very limited, and no "healthy" options, which I was disappointed about

Over all though, this was a very good conference hotel and the good points certainly outweighed the bad.

1 Thank mammyof2