“conveniently located”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Omni for business reason at CNN. So the hotel was the perfect spot! We had a diner an evening. It was very nice. The hotel is mainly for business and would not recommend it for a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (6,083)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Here for a convention at the GWCC so location is the best for convenience. Rooms are somewhat updated, comfortable. I like the A/C is very quiet so good night sleep is a certain. Now for the negative. I left my room at 8am and got back at 4pm. Room was not made. As soon as I sat down to catch my breath housekeeping knocked...told them I would leave in one hour for dinner which I did. 90 minutes later I got back and still the room was not made. Again as soon as I sat down housekeeping knocked. I was out of the room for 10 hours and they could not make the room except for the two hours I was in it. That I do not quite understand. Btw nothing going on at the hotel so not like they we're swamped.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise for a two night conference. The room was beautiful and views amazing. The accessibilities to amenities like a food court, spa and others as well as the service made for a relaxing two night stay. I especially liked the ambiance created with lounge music throughout hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at the Omni for 6 nights in April whilst I attended a conference. The good points were:

- the staff, everyone was really friendly and helpful
- the size of the room, particularly for a city centre hotel, the room was HUGE
- the conference organisation, really good; the hotel made it easy for 500 people to move around between sessions and it felt like the hotel was not at all crowded

The points that were not so good:

- the furniture in the bedroom was a little ... jaded. Everything was clean, but just a bit shabby
- the toiletries in the bathroom were unimpressive and since it is now so difficult to bring liquids on planes, in my opinion it is even more important for business hotels to provide good quality toiletries
- the room service menu choice was very limited, and no "healthy" options, which I was disappointed about

Over all though, this was a very good conference hotel and the good points certainly outweighed the bad.

1  Thank mammyof2
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Not sure why this hotel is not near the top of the list for this site. Our overall experience was worth more stars than I can place here. The front desk was efficient and kind. We were upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. The room was amazing with view of park, aquarium, downtown sky line etc. The decor was top notch, bed was very comfortable, large bathroom, robes, turn down service, fast elevators - the list goes on and on. Honestly, the best choice and one of our best hotel stays in any large city. CNN is next door, on site restaurant and other very close dining options. Walk to aquarium. Nice work out room, quick valet parking, good internet connection. Omni knows how to create a wonderful experience for any traveler. Just stay here!

Room Tip: Stay on high level floors for best view
2  Thank DMHappyTravel
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Some months ago I stayed at the Omni in Dallas and enjoyed it a lot. This one however is not in the same league.
The location is great, the rooms and hallways are very spacious. it's very good for a conference in the center.
But... the breakfast is poor, the people serving breakfast are nice but the uniforms aren't clean, one day I had to wait for 20 min to get a table for breakfast (not great when you're in a hurry) and worst of all they charge you $10 for the internet. Per equipment!
Meaning that if like myself you use your cell, tablet and laptop connected you get to pay $30 per day!! just on internet!

1  Thank ValterNF
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hello:

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delays and sub par experience you encountered with our culinary team, I have relayed your feed back to the team. It seems that you have visited a few Omni hotels, please consider becoming a member of our Select Guest program, one of the many benefits includes free unlimited wifi. I certainly hope this experience has not deterred you from returning to our property and possibly giving us a second chance at making your visit a satisfactory one. Once again my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I can't believe this hotel costs this much a night I don't even have a window to look out of all i see is a wall and the corner of the lobby there's no room service except breakfast no directory in the room I don't even know how to call the front desk, I've had rooms at the econolodge nicer than this one

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello:

Thank you for your candid feedback, we will use this as an opportunity to coach our staff at check in to re-confirm room preferences and ensure a brief orientation in given of the room amenities however should you decide to return and present us with another opportunity to turn around your impression of us please consider becoming a member of our Select Guest program, this will allow you the opportunity to set room preferences and room types among the many benefits of being a member.Once again my sincerest apologies.