“Great hotel if going to event at the center”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Have booked this hotel to go to Hawks game, so we can have fun and not worry about driving back that night. Had great, quick valet and check-in experience, the rooms were nicer than I expected, but nothing to write home about, but better than most mid level hotels, and the view is very cool if you get the right room/tower (unfortunately I don't remember exactly where we stayed!). They also have a restaurant/bar, so if after the game/concert we don't feel l like venturing out, you can pop in there and get something quickly. Overall, would definitely recommend as a good hub for ATL, and definitely if you're going to an even there. It's also nice to have a Starbucks in the CNN center.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia Marie C
Write a ReviewReviews (6,085)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my first time in this hotel. Everything was very nice (nothing over the top but nice). The service is what exceeded my expectations. From the valet to the personalized wake up calls Well done.

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband stays at this hotel every year for the SEC Championship Game. When booking a meeting in Atlanta, he highly suggested we stay at this hotel. It's perfect. Staff is so friendly. Rooms are comfortable (renovated floor rooms have the BEST beds!). CNN Center & restaurant convenience a big plus. Highly recommend for business or pleasure!

2  Thank li_walk
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just returned from another great stay at the Omni. The $30 per night valet parking was quick and easy and the staff is always professional and courteous. Check in was also very easy and and even though our company messed up the reservation the clerk remedied the problem and assigned our room in the North Tower. Floor 17 has been updated with all new carpet, new furnishings and new fixtures. What a great surprise. The shower pressure and temperature is very good and the bath towels are fresh and soft. I am not sure why the Omni has fallen in the ratings. I really like this place and the location is unbeatable. Close to world congress center, Phillips arena, Georgia dome and world of coke. The staff is always helpful and accommodating and the amenities are plentiful. Check out the website.

Room Tip: North tower, 17th floor
2  Thank TNtraveler1998
Reviewed March 21, 2013

mustangdjb wrote a lot of what I wanted to say!
the room was spacious. TV reception was grainy which is ironic given this is CNN center, so perhaps they could hit up CNN to get them better TVs.

i gave them an extra star only b/c their staff is really friendly, nice and free wifi if you join their loyalty program. and a free AM drink e.g. coffee/tea.

When I first checked in, the room smelled a little like smoke!
They accommodated my "no feathers" allergy. but then the pillows seems to suck.
Heater sucked - it was either too cold, too hot. it had no clue what temperature it was

Chair was NOT work friendly - I had to spend a few hours/day on internet and it was not an office chair,just your square kind of thing that dug into your thighs after a few hours...

new electrical outlet in bathroom with gap - should be caulked or sealed or something, ugly
no slippers - boo.

Hated how they had $6 bottle of water prominent in the room. That should be hidden in the mini-bar.

No comedy central- boo.

free water and fruit at checkin.

housekeeping liked to stand outside my door in AM (I have the privacy notice outside, so please be quiet, I am sleeping!)

on the 15th floor I could hear noises from the street, etc!

1  Thank spahotel
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We checked in very quicklyand got a beautiful room on the 14th floor facing the city. The room was spacious. TV reception was grainy, but the room was very clean and we loved the balcony. I thought the hotel was 100% non smoking (didn't see anyone in the public areas smoking) but every night, the room smelled like smoke. I don't know why, but I couldn't sleep for either night due to that.
The staff was very friendly and all areas we used (fitness center, pool main area with bar) were very well maintained (though the hotel area we were in was on the older CNN side).
I would definitely stay there again, but next time I will ask for a different room if any smoke smell is detected. It's possible that it's caused by a cleaning product as well. After midnight on the second night, we left the balcony door open and that helped a lot. There's no screen in the door, so that might not be a great option for everyone.

This is a VERY well located hotel. Everything was very close by and convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mustangdjb
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location is great (attached to the CNN Center, adjacent/attached to Phillips Arena). The views were similarly quite nice. These are the only two things I could find to recommend this hotel.

The rooms were mediocre. The parking was exorbitant. The restaurants and bars attached to the hotel had mediocre food and exceptionally slow and sometimes poor service (the exception was one bartender at Latitudes - Omar).

I was at the Omni for a conference. A meeting room in which I presented had no Internet service. In fact, I had to borrow an Internet hot spot from a presentation participant. To say the least, this is not the kind of service I would expect from a good hotel which promotes itself as a conference hotel. If I had not been here for the conference, I would have left after the first night.

Stay at a nearby hotel for better, more reasonably priced service and comprable amenities. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed in the South Tower. Good views.