Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
$182
$131
Agoda.com
6,496 results
All reviewsnorth towerprime meridianfood courtphillips arenacentennial parkgeorgia domevalet parkingferris wheelcollege football hall of famewithin walking distanceroom servicecoca colaattending a conferencevery nice hotelper dayhotel staffenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I were in Atlanta during the Auburn Clemson game. My family had a few rooms in the Omni CNN center. The rooms were nice and clean. They weren't exceptionally big but were big enough. It was also nice to have a room in such a centralized location. The walk to the dome was minimal.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Omni CNN Center-North Tower. We arrived from the airport using the Marta. It was easy and convenient. The hotel
is beautiful and in a perfect location to sightsee and to reach all the nearby venues. Our room was beautifully decorated but upon closer inspection, the furniture is worn down and in need of updating. For the price we paid per night, I would have expected the room to be in better shape, but that was the only negative. The staff and the service we received was phenomenal. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was outstanding. The staff not only was friendly but went out of their way to make our stay special. We enjoyed the coffee shop on the 2nd floor every morning. The CNN center food court is a huge plus since we didn't have to go outside or leave the hotel for a quick bite. We experienced true Southern Hospitality and look forward to going back next year.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a two night business trip. The Omni is huge but the diagonal room shape is a bit weird - the TV unit is laid out catty corner to the bed. Everything is a bit old and run down but clean. Old TV, door and drawer handles a bit loose. I joined Select Guest program and got a complimentary beverage each morning which was a nice touch. Better than the Hilton Atlanta but still not great.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

From the reviews below I was worried, but can't imagine where these other folks stayed because it was so different from my experience. I chose the Omni only because I was there for a conference and it was close, but would definitely return. I stayed in the North Tower-- perhaps my experience was different from other in the main tower, but I found the room to have updated facilities, quite clean, and I heard no noise from other rooms or the street. The check-in was friendly and efficient. My room wasn't ready at first, but they called when it was and when I got to my room I found 2 bottles of water and a glass with chocolates and a card apologizing for the delay-- very classy. Everyone who worked there always had a smile on their face and went out of their way to be helpful. The Wi-Fi was included with the conference rate and was fine without any issues. Check-out was also uneventful-- the best kind in my book.
The hotel is in a prime location, next door to the George World Congress (convention center), just down the street from the Phillips Arena, and a couple of blocks from the Georgia Aquarium (don't miss that even if you have to play hookey). CNN is across the street from the north tower and I believe the main part of the hotel is inside the CNN building. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance, I chose the McCormick and Schmick's on site because it was easiest.
My only complaint was the bar/lounge area where I was waiting while my room was ready had only one bartender/server and a lot of people. It seemed predictable to me that on a Sunday afternoon with a large conference group checking in that they would need more staff. Still, the service she gave was friendly-- she did the best she could with a tough situation.

Room Tip: North Tower rooms were excellent
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PhillyVoyager
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stay here frequently for business, and it has always been a solid, reliable property. Rooms are clean and well maintained, staff is friendly and helpful from the front desk to the valet to housekeeping, and the location is central and convenient. The hotel is usually filled with convention-goers. There is a nice restaurant and often crowded bar on the property, Prime Meridian, plus lots of restaurant choices in the rest of the complex and within walking distance. It is also walking distance to several good attractions for tourists, such as CNN (in the same complex- you don't even have to go outside), and the Georgia Aquarium (just across Centennial Olympic Park). Room rates are reasonable, but overnight parking is expensive ($30/night as of this writing, and valet only, so factor in tips every time you get your car). Based on the great service, decent rooms, and central location, I will continue to stay here anytime I"m in town for business.

Room Tip: There are two towers, the North and South. The North Tower is newer with more recently renovated, modern rooms, so I prefer that side, but many South Tower rooms have balconies. The best of the balcony rooms overlook Centennial Olympic Park. Others just have indoor balconies overlooking the atrium of CNN Center, which is basically just a food court.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business