“Convenient and Safe”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #51 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Headed to Philips Arena for a concert, you can't get much more convenient than the Omni Hotel which attaches to the venue. Because there are many people coming in and out of CNN center for other things than staying at the Omni Hotel, I was very impressed with the amount of security and people ready to help lead you in the right direction. There were 3 at the elevators alone, more downstairs and top of escalators to protect people who stay there and also to guide. The valet was convenient, courteous and worth every cent. Very nice to be able to park, check in and not drive again until check out. Tons of restaurants just steps away. So very nice, as well, to be able to walk from our room to concert without battling the traffic. The room was very nice. We were on the 15th floor overlooking the center of the hotel. It had a large balcony that was very nice. The bedding was super comfortable. Room service very prompt. Even though we had the munchies after the concert, we found the 11 to 6 menu a little heavy and large. More supper type items. Which was fine, but it would have been nice to have some typical middle of the night food items to choose from. The rooms were very clean, quiet, beds were very comfortable. We slept until 10:00 which is unheard of for us. Like the 12:00 checkout. Allowed for a relaxing morning. My only criticism was I was surprised to find it behind on technology. It was very hard to find a place to charge phone, ipad etc that was convenient. My husband had to crawl up behind the bed to charge my cell which I needed beside me due to children at home with sitter. Also, we had a very old, big box TV that was filled with static and small choice of channels. Bathrooms very nice with robes and soft rug in front of sink. Small, tiny complaint, a bit of mold growing on grout and the grout had gaps leading my imagination to what could come crawling out of there. If they technology had been up to date, I would have given 5 stars even with the mold. Staff was incredibly helpful and kind. It was a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed two days for a conference. From the Valet to the maid service each employee was very nice and aimed to please. We had a typical conference room (international) and the room next to it for our meals. Each meal which consisted of breakfast, lunch and snacks were very well presented and were wonderfully prepared. We ate dinner at Ruth Chris's (I have reviewed this as well) which is within walking distance. Spa service in the hotel was wonderful, we had a wide range of services.
My room was on the 14th floor and was very nice, bed was comfortable and the view was amazing. My coworker had an atrium view which was equally impressive in its own way. The Plaza at the CNN center had a food court with alot of choices as well as some novelty stores.

Room Tip: Atrium view may not have the Atlanta skyline, but you will be shielded from the MANY MANY sirens and...
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great staff - very helpful and friendly, just like everyone in Atlanta seems to be.

Drinks and food were overpriced but well done. It's a big city, so what can you do?

We were in a newly renovated room on the seventh floor of the north tower, which we liked very much. Only weird thing - the magnifying mirror in the bathroom was set at chest level instead of face level.

We love eating at McCormick and Schmick's, which is connected to this hotel, and it is just a short walk up to Peachtree St., where many other restaurants can be found. And the food court at the CNN Center is attached to the hotel as well. If you join their hotel rewards program, you can have a free beverage delivered to your room each day and access to free wi-fi. We loved that perk!

I would recommend this especially to anyone attending an event at the Phillips Arena, going to the convention center, or wanting to enjoy Centennial Olympic Park.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room in the north tower.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed February 12-14 for a large business convention. Was truly appreciative of the wonderful staff at the Omni. Everyone was pleasant and went out of their way to make sure our meals and meeting breaks were fresh and well stocked. They also were quick to answer questions with a smile and positive attitude. The rooms were only ok. They looked nice, recently renovated? I didn't see any of the old tvs or things other people have written in reviews. The carpet was the only real downfall for me. It was stained and turned the bottom of my socks brown. Not nice. The rest of the room seemed clean and the bathroom looked spotless except for a small amount of mold on a few grout lines. The beds were really comfortable and linens nice. Sound from halls or other rooms wasn't an issue. Overall I would recommend.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent location to go to Georgia Dome or Phillips Arena. Lots of food choices in the food mall downstairs. Two very good restaurants right on site - a little pricey, but the food was very good. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of Centennial Olympic Park if you can!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had not stayed in this property for about 5 years when I checked in again in January for a conference in the adjacent Georgia World Center. It was all pretty much the same, but looking a little worn. My room in the Main Tower was fine, but it still had tube type TV with some pretty fuzzy stations. Not what you expect right above CNN. The breakfast buffet is marvelous but you will pay for it dearly. The staff seems a bit tired and I was panhandled aggressively right outside the "motor lobby" on the ground floor. Cheap eats are available in the food court at the CNN center, which is a nice break from the hotel restaurant. The bar seemed to close awfully early for a big hotel. Still, the room was quiet and had a nice view of Olympic Park and the cleaning crew was exceptional.

Room Tip: Get a view of Olympic park
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at this location for 4 nights while attending a conference at the GWCC( next door)
It very convenient for me. Left the hotel at 6.40am every day and returned at 7.00pm most nights. It was so exhausting but I was thankful for the room cleanliness, comfortable bed and overall quiet. What else could I ask for.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business