“Great Location”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Part if CNN centre close to Olympic Part coca cola experience and aquarium Great helpful staff. Rooms could do with modern decor and tv but they are clean and comfortable Lots of fast food places in CNN centre

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for a convention Feb 5-7 and was very pleased. Check in was simple, common areas of the hotel were sparkling clean, very friendly service. My room was spacious with a view overlooking Centennial Park - floor-to-ceiling windows made the view spectacular. Toilet wasn't working on the first day - after calling the front desk, there was a service worker in my room 5 minutes later, the problem was resolved 15 minutes later and I received continuous check ins throughout my stay to see if everything was satisfactory - now that's service! Just a few small things kept me from giving a 5 star review: 1) Only one packet of coffee for the coffee maker in the room, which leads to 2) a coffee kiosk near the bar/shop/salon would be a dream, having to schlep thru CNN Center at 5:30am looking for Starbucks isn't my idea of a good time, and 3) some outlets in the sitting areas near the bar would be heavenly, wanted to have an informal meeting with my customer but there was no place to charge up my laptop. But all in all, a very nice stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of the WGU winter graduation 2013. This was a great stay! We loved the decor of the room. The service staff, including room service and valet was awesome. The only complaint I could give is that the mattress was too firm and I didn't sleep well on it. Valet payment is included in the room charge and we received excellent service. Room service prices were in line with a nice hotel but my $13 salad was just about the best salad that I ever had. We loved the fact that it connected to Phillips Arena and the CNN Center. I wish we had more time to explore but we were there for the business of graduation. The room pricing was what we would expect for a hotel of this class. If we make a trip back to ATL, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an indoor balcony room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A great place for a convention but with the CNN Center right there and the Aquarium and the Coca Cola Exhibition right across the. Olympic Park it could be a good family destination too. It's been around awhile and the rooms could use some soundproofing but still a good big city hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park-great views of the city.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked a room 2 days ago for a concert that was to be in April at the Philips arena, which is connected to this hotel. The concert was posponed until October (the announcement just came out today). I booked through Hotels.com who called the Omni to ask if they would either switch the date on the reservation or wave the penalty, which is the full price. Guess what? The Omni said no to both! How nice. I'm guessing they will be making a bundle on this weekend with other cancelation fees and penalties! I can guarentee that I will NOT be staying at the Omni when I go for the rescheduled concert in October!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hello:

I sincerely apologize that we could not fulfill your request for a reservation change or refund for your cancelled reservation. Though I do not have the details of your situation, have you personally tried speaking with someone at the hotel? Here at the Omni CNN we try to ensure that all our guests requests or concerns are resolved to their satisfaction. Once again on behalf of the entire staff at the Omni CNN, please accept my sincerest apologies and I hope you reconsider us when visiting the downtown Atlanta area.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was another week long business stop and it did not disappoint. I have a nice time and everything was clean and tidy. The Staff is courteous and professional. Its a good place to stay in Atlanta and their are great food and attraction options attached directly to the Hotel. I would stay here again when in Atlanta.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

How this building is tied to CNN makes it pretty cool and in haunches the experience with your stay. Also being so close to the centennial park was a bonus. There is a lot to see from the hotel and all within walking distance. The rooms were comfortable and privacy was appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business