“Nice, Clean Hotel”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #49 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was another week long business stop and it did not disappoint. I have a nice time and everything was clean and tidy. The Staff is courteous and professional. Its a good place to stay in Atlanta and their are great food and attraction options attached directly to the Hotel. I would stay here again when in Atlanta.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (6,300)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

How this building is tied to CNN makes it pretty cool and in haunches the experience with your stay. Also being so close to the centennial park was a bonus. There is a lot to see from the hotel and all within walking distance. The rooms were comfortable and privacy was appreciated.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was booked into the Omni due to its location near a meeting, and the location was convenient. But staying in the hotel was bizarre. I could not find signs to the registration/lobby, which was up three flights and in a different building from the one I entered. I was given a room on the fourth floor, ie one floor up from registration. I was a little shocked on entering the room to realize that the balcony off the room was directly over the hotel restaurant/bar (one flight, remmber, not twenty) and that a giant screen showing CNN was facing my window. The atrium of the CNN center spilled right into the hotel room! It didn't help that the teenybopper concert had attracted every 10 year old girl from the region into the hotel and mall. But even without that, it was like the Truman Show, where my room was part of the TV set. The drink at the bar included very slow service and more confusion getting in and out of it; dinner at McCormack & Schmicks was fine but really it felt like about the only choice we had. Room service breakfast bagel quickly staled and thermos of coffee became cold; not a bargain at $17. Better signage and a higher floor or outside-facing room would have made a big difference to me in retrospect.

Room Tip: Ask if the view is inside or outside when you check in.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Your comments have been forwarded to the correct Department Head for discuss. It is only through your response that we can focus on exceeding your expectations. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The front desk went out of their way in service,daily compliment children individually & gave suggestions good restaurants & sites for family to enjoy :) Kids at registration received gift bag from hotel with different educational games. Loved location of hotel just centered in middle. Suites pretty spacious,lobby restaurants were nice,couldn't get tickets for CNN but we did AQUARIUM loved, allowed to touch baby sharks good experience for kiddos! Only restaurant we went away from hotel was Maggianos by mall. Fun location..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Omni Atlanta several times and it never disappoints! The rewards services are definitely worth it and I would certainly recommend joining. The morning paper and complimentary drinks being sent to our room as well as all our preferences being catered to all make the experience very personal each visit. I still flinch at the pricing for parking ($30/day) and for the restaurants there.....we left a concert and very little was open within walking distance so we went to the on site sports bar, my daughter and I each had a soda and we SHARED ONE order of chicken fingers with fries and our tab was $22......nevertheless we love the hotel and will return, I will just remember to pack snacks! We love the location and always stay there when we attend events at Philips Arena! Can't wait to return in a few months!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better view and less street noise!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gatravelmom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed my conference at the Omni Hotel - very elegant, clean, clean bathrooms, comfortable seating, helpful staff, and easy to navigate. The location was great - easy to get to from the MARTA and right next to the expo building.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I brought my daughter to omni CNN center in Atlanta for a concert at Phillips arena. Very convenient for this purpose. Ate at McCormick and Schmick. Dinner was fine. In room, very very dated and some what skeeevy. If the Carpet is as old as the T V it is kind of scary. Old picture tube TV!!! At 190.00 a night this is a rip off!! The worse part was the following.
I was awakened at 8:20 am after a late night at a concert. Tried to sleep in but I thought it was room check at a girls dorm. At 8:20 am there was a constant tapping at my door and someone saying housekeeping. Over and over and over. Not just my room, all the rooms got this special treatment (sarcasm)! When I got up I thought this must be someone who drank to much at my door, incessantly knocking. But no. It was housekeeping. She told me that I didn't have a do not disturb sign on the door so they were going around waking up all the guests that didn't have the sign on the door so they could get in and clean the rooms!!!!!
I promptly called the daytime manager to ask him what is going on because I couldn't believe this. He backed up the story telling me this was their practice to do this. Check out not till noon and they go around waking up guests that don't have the sign on the door. Make sure if you stay here you put that sign on the door before bed. I have never ever had housekeeping knock on the door like this especially on days where we are checking out on that day. I mean we will vacate, most likely before noon and then you can clean it. Prior to that they should not be knocking on doors. Even if they could come in and clean it we were still in the room so they would've had to comeback and clean it again. Terrible. One nice thing was the manager gave us vouchers for free breakfast. That was nice but I am still mad he woke myself and my daughter up! Stay at your own risk. Place is very dated.

Room Tip: Ask for either an interior or exterior view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tjktharp

The Management Staff of the Omni CNN would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay at our prooerty. We are always in search of opportunities to make improvements and the feedback from our guests is a great way for us to pinpoint areas to focus on. Please be assured that all of your comments both positive and negative will be shared with our management team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will reconsider staying with us again.