“treated everyone VIP” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“treated everyone VIP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The front desk went out of their way in service,daily compliment children individually & gave suggestions good restaurants & sites for family to enjoy :) Kids at registration received gift bag from hotel with different educational games. Loved location of hotel just centered in middle. Suites pretty spacious,lobby restaurants were nice,couldn't get tickets for CNN but we did AQUARIUM loved, allowed to touch baby sharks good experience for kiddos! Only restaurant we went away from hotel was Maggianos by mall. Fun location..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Korean first
Florida City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Omni Atlanta several times and it never disappoints! The rewards services are definitely worth it and I would certainly recommend joining. The morning paper and complimentary drinks being sent to our room as well as all our preferences being catered to all make the experience very personal each visit. I still flinch at the pricing for parking ($30/day) and for the restaurants there.....we left a concert and very little was open within walking distance so we went to the on site sports bar, my daughter and I each had a soda and we SHARED ONE order of chicken fingers with fries and our tab was $22......nevertheless we love the hotel and will return, I will just remember to pack snacks! We love the location and always stay there when we attend events at Philips Arena! Can't wait to return in a few months!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better view and less street noise!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gatravelmom
Lynden, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed my conference at the Omni Hotel - very elegant, clean, clean bathrooms, comfortable seating, helpful staff, and easy to navigate. The location was great - easy to get to from the MARTA and right next to the expo building.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
fl.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I brought my daughter to omni CNN center in Atlanta for a concert at Phillips arena. Very convenient for this purpose. Ate at McCormick and Schmick. Dinner was fine. In room, very very dated and some what skeeevy. If the Carpet is as old as the T V it is kind of scary. Old picture tube TV!!! At 190.00 a night this is a rip off!! The worse part was the following.
I was awakened at 8:20 am after a late night at a concert. Tried to sleep in but I thought it was room check at a girls dorm. At 8:20 am there was a constant tapping at my door and someone saying housekeeping. Over and over and over. Not just my room, all the rooms got this special treatment (sarcasm)! When I got up I thought this must be someone who drank to much at my door, incessantly knocking. But no. It was housekeeping. She told me that I didn't have a do not disturb sign on the door so they were going around waking up all the guests that didn't have the sign on the door so they could get in and clean the rooms!!!!!
I promptly called the daytime manager to ask him what is going on because I couldn't believe this. He backed up the story telling me this was their practice to do this. Check out not till noon and they go around waking up guests that don't have the sign on the door. Make sure if you stay here you put that sign on the door before bed. I have never ever had housekeeping knock on the door like this especially on days where we are checking out on that day. I mean we will vacate, most likely before noon and then you can clean it. Prior to that they should not be knocking on doors. Even if they could come in and clean it we were still in the room so they would've had to comeback and clean it again. Terrible. One nice thing was the manager gave us vouchers for free breakfast. That was nice but I am still mad he woke myself and my daughter up! Stay at your own risk. Place is very dated.

Room Tip: Ask for either an interior or exterior view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tjktharp
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
The Management Staff of the Omni CNN would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay at our prooerty. We are always in search of opportunities to make improvements and the feedback from our guests is a great way for us to pinpoint areas to focus on. Please be assured that all of your comments both positive and negative will be shared with our management team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will reconsider staying with us again.
Keystone Heights, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the south tower of the hotel for a convention I was attending. The room had one small place, 4 drawers to be exact, for our belongings. The closet was small with a slanted wall causing it to be even smaller. It had a T.V. from the 1980's with very little channel selection. There was an overpriced minibar, no refrigerator was available. Friends of ours stayed in one of the suites in the north tower, they had only one bathroom within the suite. The rooms nicely decorated and clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was outstanding, they too deserved a better set-up. This is a hotel that caters to conventions and guests who will be staying for several nights and attending many events. The guests deserve a Hotel that is able to meet their storage needs as well as being more reasonably priced for what you actually get.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank prettysassy
Although we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that the service you received was excellent we are sorry that your room was less than perfect. Your feedback is an invaluable tool for us to initiate change and we assure you that this has been shared with our management team for consideration with future projects. Thank you for your review and we do hope that you will reconsider giving us a second chance in the future.
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Regardless of our check-in appearance (disheveled after 12 hr drive) all of the staff treated us like gold. We had the Classic Deluxe Room with King Bed. WiFi was available all of the time. The room, as well as the hotel, is beautiful. You have the ability to stroll over to CNN center and there is an extensive food court open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Room Tip: Before making reservations become a member of the loyalty program.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel based solely on location and proximity to our planned activities. Room was very clean, the staff was professional and friendly and the location was perfect. We thought the rooms were too expensive for what you get, but we had no major complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple