“Wonderful stay at the Omni”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #48 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“Wonderful stay at the Omni”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Just returned home from a 4 night stay at the Omni. The staff was very pleasant and courteous. The house keeper Renee on the 6th floor was exceptional! Courteous and did a great job with the room!!! My room was in the South Tower and I must say the only complaint was the street noise from the Olympic Park on Wednesday night there was a band and it was loud. However, it was over around 9pm. The room did not have a flat screen tv which is common in most all hotels now days but I didn't see that as a issue. The tv channels were limited, I think for the cost of the room there should be more. The mattress was firm more so than I normally like but it was not bad. I've seen several comments about the pool and it was SMALL too SMALL. The work out facility was more than adequate. The location is good just south of World of Coke and the Aquarium. Certianly within walking distance for a family with small children or older adults. Parking is Valet only and is $ 30.00 a night and there is not really many other cheap options that are safe nearby. The hotel is co-located with CNN and the home of the Basketball team. There is plenty of on site food. The hotel is on the fringe of the more rough part of Atlanta a few blocks from the famous underground. Overall I would say this is a good choice for Atlanta if you want to be near the attractions and the park.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The location is awesome! It's connected to Philips Arena and across a very narrow street from GWCC. The public areas are what I expect from Omni and the service was great on all levels.

The rooms were a disappointment though. They did half-hearted renovations - new counters, flooring, and tile but they left the old outdated wall paper. The TV was old school tube style and the bed was terrible! A week in that sucker left me longing for home...or a new hotel. The room was very clean but the bed would keep me from the South Tower. As a side note, I was booked for the North Tower, but it was too full. I didn't know enough to fight for it but next time I won't take no for an answer.

• Stayed September 2012
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
The Management of Omni Hotel at CNN Center would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay. We are always in search of opportunities to make improvements and the feedback from our guests is a great way to pinpoint areas to focus on. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will reconsider staying with us again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I spent 5 nights here for a convention/business trip. The hotel is nice, modern and clean. The staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive to my needs. Located adjacent to the CNN Center and Atlanta Olympic Park, it is close to a lot of great restaurants, the Atlanta Aquarium and the Coca-Cola center.

My room was cleaned perfectly every day, and turned down each night. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet.

There are quite a few other hotels in the area, but I would certainly return to this one if the price continues to be comparable to the others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are honored that you choose to stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We are delighted that you had a great visit. Thank you for the positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Lanham, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was my first Omni experience. The room was clean and pleasant enough, but I just didn't get the high-end feeling that I expected. The cleaning lady was so sweet and accommodating. The food court was convenient and offered a nice variety.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are pleased that you were satisfied with your room and our staff at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Please be assured that this information has been shared with our management team. Thank you for your review and we hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future.
Maineville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed at the Omni CNN Center for 3 nights in early August for a conference. Overall, the hotel was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room had a wonderful view of Centennial Olympic Park. Our room was spacious, even with 4 of us in there...although an additional mirror outside of the bathroom would have been helpful with 4 women trying to get ready. Loved that the hotel is attached to CNN Center with a full food court....definitely convenient and had something for everyone. My only real complaint, which really can't be changed is the fact that the elevators are so small. With the large conference that was there, it was hard to fit more than a couple of people with luggage into them. Thankfully we arrived pretty early and the bellhop brought our luggage up for us very quickly. All in all, a good stay :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We greatly appreciate your wonderful response about your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We are happy that you were pleased with our staff, service, view and room. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you are in Atlanta.
Stonington, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

The Omni CNN Center isn't a bad hotel, it's just not a great hotel. I stayed here recently as part of a large national group. In such situations the selection tends to be limited.

The coolest thing about the place was the tie in to CNN. Riding up on the elevators you can see the news being "made". The rest was pretty much stock commercial hotel. Rooms were clean and big. The layout was a bit ackward, lots of ups and downs to get between towers. The location is Downtown, as opposed to the livelier Midtown.

A couple of negative quirks. The lobby bar is a big open place with ok food, sketchy service and little atmosphere. Monday must have been trainee day for the house keeping staff. When I left the room in the morning there was one slightly used bottle of shampoo, one slightly used moisturizer and an unused bottle of conditioner. The next morning as I hit the shower all that was to be found were 3 unused bottles of conditioner. Oh well.

If your group picks the place you won't suffer much but if you have a choice, keep on looking.

• Stayed September 2012
We appreciate your review and we are glad you chose to stay with us. We take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so that we may resolve any issues. We hope you will stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in the future.
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Unfortunately my stay was less than stellar to say the least. The front desk was very helpful at check in (I checked in at the South Tower). Every employee I encountered from checking in to arriving to my room was very friendly. They made me feel welcome and showed their appreciation for me staying with you all. Immediately after arriving in my room (1401 North Tower), I layed on the bed. The bed was hard, not firm. I could feel the mattress coils and the pillows were flat. I asked my brother to sit on his bed and let me know what he thought and he confirmed my thoughts. I immediately called the front desk and requested a different room. When I told them what the issue was, I was told that all beds had firm mattresses in the hotel. I stated that I have a firm mattress at home but I should not feel the mattress coils. I found the room to be very dated. There was apparent water damage in the room, the wall paper was peeling in some areas, there was no flat screen tv, and at least 3 can light bulbs were out. After we returned from the game, I tried to make the best of the situation and just go to sleep in that horror of a bed. However, I found the bed to be more uncomfortable than before. I called the front desk and requested to be moved to the South tower, which I understand is a newer tower according to trip advisor with better appointed rooms. I was once again told by the front desk that all beds are have the same mattress and no upgrades were available. I did not ask to be moved to a suite just a better room. When I asked if the pillows in all the rooms were flat, I was told yes.

This was my brother first stay at a downtown Atlanta hotel and I wanted him to have a first class experience which is why I chose the Omni. I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express with better mattresses and pillows. I woke up early the next morning ready to leave this hotel and put this experience and my wasted $$$ behind me! I am very unlikely to stay at the Omni my next trip to the Atlanta area. I am very unlikely to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in downtown Atlanta.

But what finally did it for me was the Assistant Front Office Manager's response to my review! She did apologize but did not offer anything compensate for this disastrous stay.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here reserve a room in the south tower. I am not taking anymore chances with...