“Nice hotel...with a few issues”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #51 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I don't complain about much but there were a couple things that bothered me here. First, the hotel is TOO big. We had to wait for the elevator for 20 minutes after dinner because the lines were so long. Secondly, there were black hairs in the bottom of our bathtub. Last but not least parking is 30.00 per day!
The good things about this hotel...the location, the decor, and the staff. All in all it is a good hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review in regards to your stay. Please be assured that all your comments will be shared with our management team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

There are newer reviews for Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed here in October for a conference. Great location, excellent dinner in the restaurant. Great service in the lounge. Comfortable room. Experience was ruined when a front desk agent told me it takes 20 minutes to get to the airport on MARTA. Well, one hour plus on MARTA and I missed my flight. Had to sit around for four hours waiting for the next flight. I would expect that the front desk could provide accurate information in reply to a question that is probably asked often. Very dissappointing.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Although we are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel accommodations we are saddened that you missed your flight. We apologize if you did not receive the proper travel time to the airport. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Atlanta.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Ok, it is very hard to not like this hotel because the people here are just outstanding. The folks at the front desk were friendly and efficient; the staff in the hallways said hello when you walked by them; staff were quick to offer directions and help. The property itself does have some drawbacks. It is definitely ground zero for many tourist attractions which can be good or bad depending on your reason for travel. I was here for a conference in the hotel. My group was not the only group at the hotel or nearby World Congress Center. I encountered people from four other events during my stay of four days/three nights. The first group was in town for a cheerleading competition so lots of noise and crowded elevators. The elevators require a keycard but ironically as soon as one person enters their card no else has to do so. The entrance to the glass elevator is narrow and then widens inside the glassed in area. This means people stop at the door to enter their keycard and it is not unusual to have the doors close before others can enter. The elevators were often slow and with so many people in the building it was frustrating at times. When we entered our room and closed the door there was an opened package of animal crackers behind the entrance door. My guess is the maid had propped the door to clean and never thought to look behind the door. The tub/shower has a rain type showerhead but unlike my rain showerhead at home there was very little water pressure. I had bad hair days my entire time as I could not get all the soap out of my hair. The bathroom has the tub/shower, toilet and sinks in one room and there is a small hall with walk-in closet besides the bedroom itself. There is a mini-bar that I never opened but no fridge which was a disappointment, There is an old style TV with one premium channel. I found the channel selection very limited. There are pay-per-view movies. The cooling/heating in the room was either very hot or very cold and nothing in between. I tried repeatedly to make the temperature more moderate without success. There was a safe in the closet and a desk with chair as well as an easy chair. We tried to order room service one night but despite calling at intervals three separate times no one ever answered the phone. Parking is $30/night which is crazy and the room rate we paid was $165. I joined their rewards club to get free wifi and free newspapers delivered to the room. I ate in the restaurant twice--both times breakfast and the meal was good, the service great. There was some street noise and I occasionally heard other guests through the walls. I enjoyed sitting with colleagues in several of the seating areas of the hotel. There is a bar in the lobby, a coffee place and the foodcourt of CNN Center is attached to the hotel. The foodcourt offers a variety of chair fast food. Legal Seafood is a short walk down the street . I rarely choose this area of Atlanta when visiting because it is a congested area, but for a hotel conference it worked well for me. Great staff really made the visit--were it not for the warmth and welcome attitude of the staff it would have been easy to rate the hotel lower due to the problems with room temp., water pressure, and room condition.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and atrium to avoid noise
1  Thank BeingGreen

Thank you for your feedback. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center prides itself in the ability to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guests. We are regretful for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel is where you want to stay if you need to be at Georgia World Congress Center or Phillips Arena. Staff is very friendly and rooms are large. There were some issues including low water pressure, noise from the lobby in this atrium style hotel, and old TVs that did not work well. This hotel is right beside CNN center. The irony is that the TV was broken for most of my stay and you could only get a few channels (not the ones you want to watch). If you wanted to watch CNN, you had to walk over to the food court at CNN center to see it - couldn't get that station in the room. Highly recommend paying a visit to Chickfila in the food court next to the hotel. It's better than paying the high prices for ok food at the hotel restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Atrium lobby if you want peace and quiet. There were events taking plac...
1  Thank cemckeon
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center prides itself in the ability to provide the highest level of quality and service to our guests. We are regretful for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity, in the near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I had to work a conference at the World Congress Center and was given a room at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Because I knew it was going to be a weekend and the conference was going to be crowded, I knew I was going to need to take care of myself after. So I joined the rewards program at the hotel (it's free!) and was greeted with a beverage when I arrived and a free beverage of my choice each morning. I requested a king on a high floor and a corner room. I was given both. The staff was friendly and the front desk people were amazing since they let us check in at 10 am. From the valet parking to the housekeeping staff, this hotel took care of the patron. I began looking forward to my "retreat" knowing that my room and everything in it was designed to make my stay the most luxurious possible.

Room Tip: Join the rewards program and ask. You would be surprised to find out how much a simple request can d...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

We are so pleased to hear the Omni Hotel at CNN Center was your “Oasis in the City.” It sounds like you had a wonderful experience here in Atlanta. We’re glad you enjoyed the perks of the Omni Select Guest membership. We can’t wait to welcome you back again!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed at the Omni in January 2012. The staff was wonderful and very courteous. I had a king room and it was spacious, clean and quiet. Wonderful stay and would recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for recommending the Omni Hotel at CNN Center to future our guests. We do hope that your travels bring you back to Atlanta so we can once again have the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is a perfectly decent hotel with a good business center and friendly staff. The "two towers" gets a bit confusing because if you miss the wrong floor, you miss the causeway to the other tower. But you can figure it out fairly quickly. Part of what detracts from this hotel is its location within Atlanta. It isn't near anything that you would want to walk to, so if your goal is to see Atlanta you might look elsewhere. But for a business trip it definitely works.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the Omni Hotel at CNN Center again!