“Good Experience”

Ranked #49 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Wollongong, Australia
“Good Experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I stayed here for a week recently during a conference and found it to be a well positioned hotel that has all the goods for a business traveller. Rooms in the South Wing were clean and spacious and the Hotel had a great bar and restauarant were we could entertain customers.
Overall, staff were helpful and accomodating

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
We are delighted to hear of your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We stayed at the Omni with a family member who was attending a military conference there. The rooms were very nice and clean as would be expected with a hotel with this many stars; a bit small though with two beds, a chair, a desk and desk chair, tv, nighstands, etc. - slightly cramped. We stayed in the tower that is connected to the CNN center and Phillips Arena. It was a great view from our window. One complaint is that there was not free WIFI. I usually do not stay in 3 or 4 star hotels very often, but when I have stayed in them, I am always amazed that they do not always offer free WIFI to guests. If the Days Inn can give me free WIFI, I don't understand why the Omni can't give it to me too. That's just a pet peeve of mine that I guess goes along with staying in top of the line hotels...not sure? The hotel is in a great location; we went to a Hawks game and just went downstairs through the CNN center and straight into Phillips Arena. It is also surrounded by attractions and restaurants in walking distance like the World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium, etc. The staff was very friendly as are most people in Atlanta. There was complimentary fruit-infused water in the lobby which was nice. Another complaint was the price of parking was $30 a day - bummer. Nice hotel, otherwise.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank southerngirl745
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Please know that in room wi-fi is free for Omni Select Guests and it costs nothing to join. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to staying with us again the next time you visit Atlanta.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We live outside of Atlanta but have stayed downtown at the Omni Hotel several times. We find it much more enjoyable to be able to avoid the downtown traffic after an event, and simply walk back to our hotel. The rooms are beautiful and spacious and the service has always been excellent. This is a typical large city hotel - parking and the hotel rates are rather expensive - but we have never been disappointed staying here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
We are happy to know that your stay with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center has always been excellent. Thank you very much for your review. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We flew over from the U.K and stayed at the Omni for a week because of Wrestlemania being held at the Georgia Dome. Everything that we were expecting from this hotels was great. Very close to Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Centennial Park, and Georgia Dome all within a very easy 5 minute walk from the hotel. CNN center and Philips Arena are connected with the hotel which are easy to walk to aswell, just downstairs is a wide selection of food eateries and restaurants, which was great as we didnt use room service in our room.
The hotel was very busy, if not sold out at the time of our stay because of the amount of fans in the area for wrestlemania and a vollyball tournament so the foodcourt in CNN center was busy at meal times.

Thanks to all staff at the Omni, everyone said hello and were polite at all times.

If we ever need to stay in Atlanta again, we would definatly stay here at the Omni at CNN!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center during Wrestlemania. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us in the heart of Atlanta. We deeply appreciate your positive review and comments and we hope you will return again soon!
Monterey, California
Reviewed April 9, 2011

OMNI Hotel - I love you! Thank you for making our sporting event weekend a blast!!! Thank you for being so close to the Dome! Thank you for being in the middle of everything we wanted to see and experience!

I chose this hotel because of the adjoining location and proximity of its location to the Georgia Dome, World of Coke and CNN Center, and I'm so happy I chose this hotel.

The personnel on the valet team displayed courtesy, professionalism and enthusiasm. I never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for my car. Valet parking is $30 per night. Although I had already check-out with the hotel, they still allowed me to keep my car parked in their garage up until 6pm to allow us to finish up our sightseeing. Awesome. There is a $15 charge had we picked up our car after 6pm.

I had some personal packages and mail Fed-Exed over to the hotel prior to my arrival, and I received it at check-in. The check-in personnel were extremely friendly, kind, professional and personable. Although they forgot one minor glitch in forgetting to give me my mini-bar key at check-in, it was still all good.

Our room in the North Tower on the 17th floor was clean and the bathroom was roomy. We had plenty of plushy bath towels, complimentary shampoo and bath soap and even found bath robes in the closet. I liked the flat panel tv and coffee maker too. The beds were comfy and sheets were clean.

Location is everything to me. This hotel was in the middle of the touristy things we had on our agenda - World of Coke, CNN studio tour and the Georgia Dome. All very walkable. However, I am so glad we had a rental car and had a GPS. We needed a car to drive to the world famous and Atlanta landmark restaurant Mary Mac's Tearoom.

We did not get a chance to eat at Prime Meridian or at the countless eateries inside CNN. However, I made a mental note to remember there is a Ruth Chris steak house across the street in the Embassy Suites hotel.

One very minor incident occured that I would like to mention here. On our last morning, I wanted to get some extra sleep. That did not occur because I was rudely awakened by one of the hotel's staff who identified herself a staff member from the "refreshment center". She was banging on my door at around 9:30 am because she wanted to
"check my mini-bar". Very disgruntled, I arose out of my bed to let her in and told her that I was not even aware that I had a mini-bar (I found out it was on the bottom shelf of the armoire, below the tv) because I never received a mini-bar key when I checked-in! She then replied "Well, you should have told me that in the first place, or else I wouldn't have bothered you".

Just be aware that this may happen to you on one of those mornings that you're trying to have a nice sleep in.

Overall, I loved this hotel, the location, the friendliness and capabilites of the staff and the abundance of eateries within close proximity. Restaurant Row is nearby, but we never had a chance to visit due to our lack of time.

I am going back to Atlanta and I will most likely choose the Omni Hotel again.

Join the Omni members club on the Omni website before your stay here and you can receive free wifi - otherwise you pay $9.95.

Room Tip: Join the free OMNI club and book way EARLY
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
We are honored that you choose the Omni Hotel at CNN Center for your recent visit to Atlanta. We sincerely appreciate you letting everyone know of your satisfaction with your accommodations and service. In regards to the minor incident with the mini bar employee please accept our apology. Please rest assured that we have shared your feedback with our team so that we can avoid a future occurrence. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We traveled with our 17 year old son to Wrestlemania 27. Having gone to 3 previous in various cities the hotels always required that we drive or take a cab to the stadium. Well not the CNN Omni Hotel. Walked from our room to all events. RIght smack in the middle of everything beautiful! The Georgia Dome, Olympic Park, Philips Arena and a Food Court beneath the hotel with everything from Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, to Delis and sit down restaurants. The staff were warm and friendly, the hotel was absolutely beautiful! If I ever traveled to Atlanta again, I would stay nowhere else. A++

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
We are glad you choose to stay with us for Wrestle Mania. Thank you for your positive review. We are happy you had an A++ stay during your visit to the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We hope to see you back in Atlanta very soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We are here for a large meeting and I have stayed here before and it was just okay. This time, a really poor experience. With advance call, was told that we were put into a bigger room with a balcony and nice inside view of CNN center. Nothing less than shocked when I got here, small room, strange configuration, rust around bathtub drain, air conditioning very poor and LOUD, no balcony. called down, was told sold out for the night. My colleague (whose room I am paying for, by the way) got here and casually asked for an upgrade, got a free upgrade to a suite. Looking at my room and their room, there is no way this is the same hotel. You are kidding me if this is a four star hotel or even a three star hotel. This Omni really let me down this time. I spend a lot of time on business in Atlanta, this was a poor poor experience this time at the Omni.

Louis Malcmacher

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dryowza
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize for the room type issues that you experienced when you arrived at the hotel. It is not our intention to tell you we have a room type and then not have the room type available when you arrive. We do our best to accommodate all arrivals. Unfortunately during your stay we were sold out. Please rest assured that we have shared your feedback with our team so that we can avoid a future occurrence. We know your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center was not ideal, but we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and experience a wonderful stay like many of our TripAdvisor guest have while visiting Atlanta.