We needed a place to stay for the ISTE Convention, and this was, at the time of our reservation, the closest place available. It turned out to be a pretty good stay overall.
They had their own parking garage, BUT there are only about 20 or so spaces. Pretty sure there are more than 20 rooms here, so that could potentially cause trouble. The parking garage is also small. Our Honda CR-V fit into the parking spaces, but if we had driven our pickup, we would have not been able to easily maneuver it in the garage. Parking is $15 a night, and the garage is controlled access. You have to hold up your parking pass in your car window for the clerk to see and then open the gate for you. That was nice.
Our room was much smaller than I would have liked. We got the two double beds, because that was all that was available at the time of booking. Once the three of us (wife and son were with me) moved our stuff in, there wasn't much space in the room. The refrigerator barely held two half-gallons of milk and some lunch meat.
Despite that, our stay was comfortable. The beds weren't the best, no, but they were decent. Very noisy when you roll over in your sleep; since my son is an "active" sleeper, I kept waking up. Our neighbors were concerned that their infant twins would keep us awake, but we barely heard their crying fits, and only knew about them because we saw them at breakfast and they asked us if we'd been bothered.
The shower had one of those rain shower heads, and it was amazing. Easily the best part of the stay.
The tv was terrible. It was DirecTV, but the quality was on par with watching YouTube on a dial-up connection. There were only a few channels that worked, and only one (Nickelodeon) that our son could watch.
The wifi was a decent connection; we were able to watch Netflix on our tablet with little trouble.
The staff were professional. The gentleman who checked us in came across as a little snobbish, but he was polite and helpful. The manager leaves his cell phone number in every room, and their "area information sheet" was peppered with (amusing) helpful hints, clearly written by the staff. Things like "The mall is only a short cab ride away...but you REALLY don't want to take a cab. The prices are outrageous. We recommend the MARTA." were commonplace on the sheet. It felt very personable, and it made us smile.
The complimentary breakfast was also wonderful. It's served from 6:30-10:30 on weekdays, and 7:30-10:30 on weekends. They had hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, grits, potatoes, muffins, donuts, bread, bagels, pancake maker, waffle maker, cereals, coffees, milks, juices....lots of variety, and all very delicious.
My only true complaint is not about the hotel, but the traffic outside. Our room was on the second floor, facing the road, and our first night sounded like a drag race outside. Huge engines roaring and racing at 1 in the morning. Very annoying. The garbage truck came by early in the morning, and was also loud. Not the hotel's fault, though.
Overall, I recommend it if you need a cheaper place to stay for the convention center. The center was only about a 20 minute walk away; our convention had buses for us, but we still walked there and back the first day. The Centennial Olympic Park is only a few minutes away, and is a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown Atlanta, Inn at the Peachtrees is close to all of Atlanta's well know attractions. In addition, the Inn is walking distance to most of Atlanta's Fortune 500 companies. Whether you are here on business or pleasure the Inn at the Peachtrees is the perfect place to stay! Parking is located at a parking garage off-site from the hotel. The garage is self-park and includes in and out privileges. The daily rate is a $15.00 fee per night. Larger vehicles cannot be accommodated in the parking garage. Parking is limited in the downtown area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Inn at the Peachtrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn At The Peachtrees Hotel Atlanta
- Hotel At The Peachtrees
- At The Peachtrees Atlanta
- Best Western Atlanta
- Atlanta Best Western