“Pretty Good!”

Inn at the Peachtrees
Ranked #99 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was a pretty good stay! The staff was excellent - very nice & helpful. The rooms were clean and just fine, even with a family of 4, although more space would be nice. The breakfast was great! The location downtown was nice too. We visited the Georgia Aquarium and could've walked, but it was easier to just drive as it was about 3-4 blocks away. But everything downtown was pretty close. Their parking garage is gated, so it was nice to know that my car was safe. We also visited Six Flags and that was not far at all - only about 15minutes away. My ONLY complaint is that the beds and pillows were not to my liking. Not soft enough for me. So my sleep wasn't the best due to those factors. Other than that, I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night and thought the stay was alright.

The good:
1. The staff at reception are very courteous and helpful. I called reception to arrange for a cab the next day. The first time I called, the lady told me she would arrange it and get back to me with the rates, but she didn't. I waited for quite a while and then called back about an hour later, and she apologized for the delay and immediately made the arrangements. Also as a plus point, they did call a reliable cab company (Yellow Cabs), whose driver arrived almost a half hour early.
2. The location is great. Very central. There are a lot of good restaurants and tourist attractions nearby (World of Coca-Cola, the Aquarium).There is also a MARTA station about 2 minutes away, which was convenient.
3. Rooms are cozy. Bedding and linen was clean.
4. The internet access was complimentary and unlimited. Didn't have any problems with the connection.

The bad:
1. Although they renovated the rooms, the carpet in my room was stained in places and had a dirty feel to it. It was slightly damp in some areas as well (I have no idea why), which made it uncomfortable to walk on barefoot.
2. The shower head is large and overhead, which I liked. The water pressure is good, but the tubs are small and the drain was slow. I say this because by the time I was finished with my shower, I was about calf-deep in water that had not drained, which again was disgusting, so I had to go back and wash my legs again.
3. I found two flies in my room. I suppose they entered in when the door was opened, and this could simply just be a disadvantage of having the rooms open to the outside (like a motel).
4. Although most reviews I have read rave about the breakfast, I didn't quite enjoy it. I was looking for a light breakfast of mostly fruit, and I was disappointed to find that they had none. All that was available was yogurt.
5. There was a considerable bit of noise throughout the evening. I heard police sirens wailing for the better part of the evening. Around 11PM I heard a number of kids screaming and playing. Around that time I also heard a number of hotel guests walk past my room, talking. The walls that face the courtyard could be thicker.

Overall I'd rate this hotel a 6.5/10. Good for those looking for a cheap hotel downtown for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stay here for 2 nights and loved it. You could tell that this was an older hotel but had been remodeled and the rooms were nice although on the small side. It was very convenient to all of the attraction. We walked down the street and rode the underground train ( marta) to most of the attractions. The staff was veryhelpful with getting us information and helping us get to our destinations. We would def stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Want an inexpensive room near the aquarium, this is your place.
This is a motel with outdoor entrances.
My room was clean, nice. Internet service was consistent and free.
Very good (free) full breakfast. Scrambled eggs, home-fries, sausage-like patty, etc. Great breakfast hostess.
Walking distance several very good restaurants.
The curtains are sheer as mentioned below, but just look behind the sheer curtains for the solid ones you can pull shut making the room quiet and dark.
Afternoon desk service okay. Morning desk service was quite good.
The courtyard photos look good, but I didn’t see anyone use it, and I didn’t.
The elevator should have been remodeled 50 years ago. It’s scary.
The parking thing you read about is pretty bad. I showed up at 6pm and was told I had to go to the overflow lot. I don’t believe they actually have any on-site parking. It’s a block and a half away. In the dark it would be a scary walk. You have to borrow a card from the front desk to get in or out of the garage, and when you use it to get out, you must drive back to the hotel to drop off that card.
Bring ear plugs. This was what finally made this a no-go for me. Noise from the road, noise from other people walking by your room.
Again, if you can deal with the negatives, a good place to save money, but I won't stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MangaMan
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Fell completely in love with my room as soon as walked through the door. In my experience, most hotel rooms that I've stayed in have had a musty, stale cigarette smell that hit you as soon as the door swings open, but not this one. It was a surprising fresh, scented aroma! All of the hotel staff that I interacted with we're overly friendly and greeted me each time that I entered the hotel. I was a bit surprised to find that the setup of the actual hotel is somewhat motel-ish (ie, exterior doors that lead outside), but it wasn't such a big deal.
The rooms here appear to have been updated recently, with new paint job, beautiful wallpaper and other intricacies that all made me never want to leave this room.
Another plus was the shower with an overhead shower head, wasn't expecting that!
I suppose the only downfall was the fact that parking is $15 a day and I had to park in a lot that is a block away from the hotel. Despite that, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Upon booking this hotel (correction motel) I was not aware of the logistics, or parking requirements. The hotel itself is updated, and the rooms, albeit very small are completely updated as well. The room was clean, however the sheets were very linty, may be time for a replacement. The staff, with the exception of housekeeping were very friendly and offered great service. I have three complaints, all except one which could be considered minor: 1. We arrived at 2 a.m. after a very long drive and were told that we needed to park in an overflow lot around the corner from the hotel. I was not very happy about this, but became really uncomfortable when I realized that we had to walk down a dark street, while carrying our luggage, where homeless people were scattered about seeking shelter. 2. I was not aware that the rooms were not located in the hotel, but were outside entry, which gave it a motel feel. 3. Lastly, we checked in rather late and at 9 a.m. received a knock on the door from housekeeping, I yelled, "NO, Not right now" several times, but they still entered anyway. They swung the door wide open for all passerbys to see into our room (there could have been several uncomfortable situations occuring when this took place) I almost forgot, we were given a room right next to the elevators, I could not get a decent amount of sleep due to the noisy groups congregating by the elevators, the luggage on wheels being rolled down the corridors as well as the housekeeping carts going back and forth. It was so loud I could even hear it in the bathroom.

In conclusion, the property was clean and updated, not a horrible place to stay overnight, I would just arrive a little earlier to make sure I could receive on site parking, ask for a room away from the elevators and suggest that they should invest in "do not disturb" signs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashleyf386
Reviewed May 25, 2012

In its category it is a very comfort, clean and modern hotel. Only three blocks away from Aquarium, Hard Rock Cafe and others restaurants in downtown.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business