“Great view, decent room.”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #35 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Auburn, AL
“Great view, decent room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

Arrived at around 5 pm. Having booked with priceline I wasn't able to request a room type, but at check in I was given a queen room in the Radius Tower and by request for a high floor was accommodated--22nd floor! The room was small but clean, and the view of downtown Atlanta was great. The bed was comfortable, but the linens did not seem to fit the bed well and were somewhat rough. The towels were also thin and rough. The location couldn't be better. It is walking distance to the GA Aquarium, World of Coke, Centennial Olympic Park, and Peachtree Center.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
branc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

I've made a number of business trips and have come to expect a certain level of quality. This hotel failed with flying colors. I and a companion planned to split a room. When we checked in, the bathroom ceiling (room 721) had rust stains, and there was a large cup filled with cigarette butts sitting on the balcony. I was not impressed. Also, my work requires me to check my email fairly often; the Hyatt Regency is stuck in this circa-1998 frame of mind where internet will be offered, but only if you pay $10/day. The room was $160. As I discovered visiting colleagues, the Hyatt Place and Days Inn down the road both had free wireless. Hyatt seriously needs to overhaul its technology protocol.

When it came time to check out, I had to catch an earlier flight so I checked out first. They charged me the whole bill ($160 + internet for a total of $170), and then charged my companion a smaller amount ($40). Effectively, they failed to split the room AND they overcharged us. I must say that was the first time I ever had that happen. Seiously, if this is the level of service to expect from a Hyatt, I guess I'll stick with Days Inns.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank branc
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stayed here on New Years Eve and the Chick-Fil-A Bowl was a few blocks away. Very busy lobby, but to be expected for New Years Eve. Went to the Downtown Countdown in the ball rooms and it was excellent. Upgraded to a corner suite on the club floor due to elite membership. Staff was very helpful. Rooms were decent but showing age. Bed was good, but not great. No turndown service, but also not a stuffy atmosphere. Drinks in lobby bar were really expensive.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stay at a lot of Hyatt hotels (i have the hotel points to prove it) and when I found out this one had some architectural/historical significance I decided it would be worth a stay. Unfortunately it shows that it was built in the 1960's- it does not appear to be updated since. While the room was spacious it felt old and there was food on the floor when I arrived. It took them several hours to bring my luggage up to me and the convenience store prices were overpriced even by hotel convenience store standards. The worst part of all was the valet parking. To even do so much as get something out of your car they have this convuluted process that takes forever. If you intend to use a car on your stay in Atlanta avoid this place. One good thing though is that I really liked the fitness center. Incredibly nice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

The only problem is the bathroom is small and tight. The breakfast buffet is outstanding..not included in room rate. Loved the attached shopping mall. Everything is in walking distance. I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Cary, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

I was on a business trip, but I work for an organization with a very limited budget. We were limited to about $65/night for our travel expenses and tried bidding on Priceline. What a surprise to get the Hyatt! After researching, I noticed that they often sell their small rooms in this manner, but this was fine with us, as the hotel was within easy walking distance of our conference. When we arrived, however, we were checked-into full-size king rooms, which were absolutely lovely, and the views from our rooms were amazing! During the entire stay, the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Little Rock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

I had a conference price which was $140. At this price this hotel is a great bargain. The rooms are nice and clean. The lobby is nice. My only grip is no free internet. Oh, the buffet is wonderful. The Peachtree mall and the subway are next door. The fitness center is outstanding.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business