“Nice hotel”

Ranked #36 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Little Rock
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I had a conference price which was $140. At this price this hotel is a great bargain. The rooms are nice and clean. The lobby is nice. My only grip is no free internet. Oh, the buffet is wonderful. The Peachtree mall and the subway are next door. The fitness center is outstanding.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Florida
Reviewed December 4, 2009

My standards for this hotel are a bit relaxed because we got a good deal on one of the travel websites. Had I payed the standard price, I probably would have been a bit disappointed. We stayed here 2 nights as a place to crash while visiting relatives during the holidays.

The hotel itself is a bit dated, but the room was modern and had a large flat-screen TV. I thought the bed and pillows were comfortable.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown, which has its pros and cons. I wasn't prepared for the price of parking. We came back late at night and pulled into the hotel's garage. The attendant said we could valet it for $27, or we could self-park for around $20. I told him we would self-park and he gave us really vague directions to that garage and said he doubted we would find any spaces at that time of night. While on the way to that garage, we found another public gated garage that only cost $16 a day. If you exit the hotel from the back, it's less than a block to the right.

If you are walking to nearby restaurants or bars at night, be prepared to mingle with the local homeless population. They were quick to ask for handouts but seemed harmless, however had I been traveling alone I would not feel safe.

If I got a similar deal I might consider returning to this hotel, but there was nothing remarkable about it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bananafishfever
New Egypt, New Jersey
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days while attending a conference with 1500 attendees. We used several of the meeting rooms. It is centrally located in downtown Atlanta near the Peachtree Center. The hotel was recently redecorated and many of the hotel facilities have been upgraded. The redesigned rooms are ergonomic and the new beds are comfortable. There are large high-definition flat screen TV's in the guest rooms but strangely the cable TV is still low definition and stretched horizontally to fit the screen. There is wireless and wired Internet access available in the guest rooms but the hotel charges $10 and up per day to use it. The workout facilities were very good and were available 24 hours a day. There were many new workout machines. I used it every day and there was no charge for guests. I didn't eat at any of the restaurants in the hotel, but but I did attend a couple of receptions that were catered by the hotel and the food and service was very good. Actually service was in general very good during my stay and the hotel staff were very helpful.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Drstarman
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Stayed here four nights, starting on a Friday evening. Trip was in connection with an industry trade group meeting at the hotel.

Check in was a challenge. Everybody, including myself, who tried to use the kiosks had difficulty. One harried clerk was available to help at 3 PM on Friday afternoon.

My room was on the third floor. Very noisy. The short hallway/entryway inside the room was difficult to negotiate with baggage. Nothing exceptionally good or bad about the room. Condition was a little below usual Hyatt standards.

Food choices in the hotel are poor - expensive, very limited choices, inconvenient hours. Aside from the cost, the little convenience market/coffee bar is nice. Hotel is attached to Peachtree Mall, which has experienced some downsizing in the not distant past. The mall is not as nice as it used to be, and food choices there are also not as extensive as they had been. After hours, the area surrounding the hotel is difficult.

The meeting facilities are very good, so that works well and justifies staying here for a conference. The fitness center is about the best I have experienced. There is a wide variety of cardio and resistance training equipment, free weights, other facilities - all is relatively new and in good condition. The center was never terribly crowded while I was there, either.

The hotel is either very short staffed, or they have not trained their personnel very well. Housekeeping was always an adventure. One night, they did not get to my room until 7 PM, and then removed all of the towels without leaving any replacements. The only time I saw housekeeping being performed in a timely fashion was on my last morning. In the hour and a half before I checked out (still ahead of the official check out time), they came to my room four times to see if I was still there - and I told them each time when I was going to vacate.

The Concierge desk seemed to be put out when asked for assistance, for instance, arranging cabs. The bell personnel outside the hotel also did not care to deal directly with guests, preferring their directions to come from the hotel staff inside. Tried both ways, never really figured out how to get a pleasant response.

Check out was quick and relatively painless, since I am used to Hyatt charging for Internet access.

After all this, I would return for another meeting in the hotel. If returning to the area for other business, I would try either the nearby Marriott or the Westin a little further away.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank stubbs1970
NYC
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I am an avid Hyatt fan - Platinum member of the reward program - and have stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta before, albeit 5 years ago. I was extremely disappointed on my recent trip.

Almost from the moment I entered I felt unsafe. There is very little service, and staff just hangs around and stares at you.

I was assigned a room in what must be a new wing of the hotel. As I approached the elevator, a woman was coming down who said "don't go up there. I'm coming down to change my room. It's disgusting." I kept going, and stepped out into a lobby with no telephone, little light, and an open linen/supply closet that was a mess. The room was tiny and dark.

The attendant apologized and gave me a new room which was ok, but not very clean, by Hyatt standards. The room service was over-priced and not very good.

I was so disappointed. I hope they invest a bit to bring this property up to Hyatt standard.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I traveled with my husband on a recent business trip and we stayed here since his conference was here. The Hyatt has a great downtown location and was convenient to get into and out of. We valeted the car with a nice valet man and went straight in to check-in which went smooth and quickly. We stayed in a king room on the 23rd floor of the International tower. I loved that we were up high because it afforded us a great view of the city form our balcony. The room was neat and clean. The style was elegant but comfortable, contemporary but not stuffy. The room was laid out in a way that made it feel extra spacious and the furnishings were attractive and functional. There was a flatscreen TV that conveniently swiveled so that you could view it from wherever your were sitting or laying. The outlets in the room were well placed and there were even video inputs accessible at the desk. The bed was comfortable and had an assortment of feather pillows. The bathroom was about average and the shower pressure was a little lacking. We enjoyed being able to open the balcony door and enjoy the city. This hotel is very large and took up pretty much an entire block. This was an overall great hotel and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jknstrickland
Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt while seeing a concert and baseball game in Atlanta. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles from the helpful (and efficient) hotel staff. Our room was superb - roomy and comfortable.

The only complaint would be the add on fees for room service. $3.50 delivery fee, 21% add on and $4.00 for a can of coca-cola is a bit much.

Other than that, very pleased!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple