“Best Place to stay Downtown”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #38 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta
“Best Place to stay Downtown”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I have stayed at most of the hotels downtown for work. This was my first stay at The Hyatt downtown and it is my favorite one to stay at. The rooms are very nice, and pretty quiet. The beds are comfortable, and everything was nicely done. Everything looked rather new, except for the TV, but I don't care about that. The atrium rooms all have balconies, which I love. Lots of restaurants to choose from. The staff is friendly, but not overly so, just average. What I like about the Hyatt is the set up. You are connected to The Peachtree Mall, marta, many restaurants, pubs, night clubs and The Mart with out ever having to go outside. This is a BIG plus IMO for being downtown.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mrolfes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Given the current economy, I figured a Priceline 4-star search would yield something decent in downtown Atlanta since our son is located in nearby Inman Park. We got the Hyatt for $60 per night. From the very start, I was treated well. My gold card status got me upgraded to a king suite without asking. I've never used Priceline before, so I was curious about the treatment I would recieve (a broom closet for the night???). My fears were unrealized. I was treated like the Prince I am. The hotel staff is terrific and the location is excellent. Some complain about the cost of services at the hotel. H-e-l-l-o! Have you ever stayed at a major downtown hotel before??? Yes, you're going to pay $27 a night for parking, $3.50 for a cup of coffee at the little cafe, and $8 if you need a bottle of Pepto from the gift shop. Still, it was a value. Don't even think about walking outside alone at night. But also don't be fearful about staying downtown. The hotel is an oasis and this place is an excellent choice for business or pleasure. Great workout room, too.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed March 13, 2009

It is probably a more 'business' hotel than a leisure hotel but it served us well and I think we were upgraded to a fabulous suite room with an extra living area. There was always something going on down stairs in the bar area - ie lots of conferences hosted. Easy to get to from the airport. Metro station right next door. Food court next door as well and only 5-10 minute walk to world of Coke. Most things in Atlanta are on the Metro so it was nice to be so handy to this. HArd Rock Cafe just down the road as well and a superb Bakery across the road.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kiwitravelar
San Juan
Reviewed February 28, 2009

I went to this hotel for a conference and it is a bit pricey. The restaurants are good, but again pricey. The rooms smell funky, kind of old. You can hear all the noise from the BUSY DOWNTOWN business district. It is near the MARTA train, so you can go anywhere from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
anderson, sc
Reviewed February 15, 2009

The Hyatt Regency proved to be an excellent choice for my wife and I for Valentine's Day. Our room in the international tower was spacious, clean, and most of all quiet. We walked to a sushi restaurant about a mile from the hotel for dinner and then took a cab back which saved us from getting the car out of valet parking more than once. Yes, parking is 27.00 but that is fairly normal in the big city. As for being a dangerous part of town, that was overstated in a few reviews. It is Downtown Atlanta and there are a few homeless people scattered about the streets. All in all, a great visit made even better by a comfortable room.

• Liked — Rooms are spacious and beds are very comfortable. Quiet!!!!!
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank scteacher
Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2009

The lobby is spectacular and the ability to get to the hotel by subway is a great convenience that should not be underestimated. To me, however, the gym is the main selling point - it is probably the best appointed gym I have ever used in a hotel. This balances out the fact that the newly renovated rooms are tiny. When I say 'tiny' I mean smaller than most European hotels. If you like to relax in your room, this is not the hotel for you.

• Liked — The spectacular gym
  • Disliked — Tiny room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
atl
Reviewed December 11, 2008

We stayed here for our one-year anniversary. Almost everything was perfect - we were upgraded to a suite, our package included breakfast, and we had champagne and strawberries delivered.

The only drawback is the Avanzare Steaks restaurant, like most hotel restaurants, it is horribly overpriced - 5 star prices and the food and service are not up -to-par.

The restaurant that used to be in the top dome of the hotel was much better.

Stayed October 2008