“Chess Nationals (Elementary)”

Ranked #36 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Chess Nationals (Elementary)”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Nice Hotel staff are very accommodating. One Restaurant had an all you can eat buffet that included desert as well as soft drinks. The food wasn't spectacular but plentiful. Some dishes better than others. We asked for a quiet floor at check in to offset the amount of noise you will get because of the number of children. We were again pleased with the results.

HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thanks for staying with us! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with our friendly staff and wonderful accommodations. Our lobby features three dining outlets --and our 4th (spinning, rooftop!) restaurant will be opening early this summer. Our Front Desk agents are always happy to help to ensure your stay is wonderful from check-in to check-out. We hope you will visit with us again, soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I am very disappointed with the service from the Hyatt Regency. I stayed one night and thanks god was all (from 18/04/14 to 19/04/14)
In summary:
First, the info they gave me by emails many days in advanced about the shuttle wasn't accurate. Spent more than an hour finding out the correct info.

Second, they didnt give me the room i booked.

Third, I went to buy a pizza and a cake at the "market" in the hotel (because the restaurant was close) and I didn't receive napkins nor a fork. I had to eat with my hands ( otherwise I had to go back and ask for that). Front desk lines were busy.

Fourth, Paid all my expenses with cash. Food from the market. But the hotel is charging me AUS 53.56! I just asked for a detailed invoice.

Worst service ever!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Yesi V
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
We regret to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations, nor our standards. We strive to make every guest feel like Hyatt Regency Atlanta is a home away from home, and we apologize that this was not your experience. Our staff is trained to the highest of standards to ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. We hope the next time you are in the States, and are heading back to Atlanta, you will give our property another chance to WOW you with our southern hospitality and comforting accommodations. We hope to see you again.
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel is very nice, rooms are clean, spacious and bed is comfortable. Friendly staff and yes there are nothing much to do in this hotel for a family. We went here mainly because of the location. It was only 3 blocks away to Georgia Aquarium and Coca Cola museum. Free valet parking, a lot of good restaurants nearby like Hard Rock, Hooters, Durango Steaks (thumbs up), Rays, Sushi place etc. There is a huge mall which is 15mins drive from the hotel (Lenox Square). We had a great time and we would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for staying with us during your weekend trip to Atlanta. As you mentioned, we are within 4 blocks of the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Imagine It! Children's Museum and more. There are numerous restaurants in our neighborhood to please everyone's taste buds. You went out to Lenox Mall for a shopping trip and you can either drive there or simply take MARTA public transit to the mall. Our hotel is connected (via enclosed skybridge) to MARTA, allowing convenient, covered access to multiple points in the city. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your review and we appreciate your recommendation. We hope to see you again, soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I am a resident of Atlanta and have lived here all of my life. I also own six businesses in and around Atlanta therefore stay in hotels approximately four to five months out of each calendar year. The Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta has always been one of my favorite places to stay. Particularly because of the affable and polite staff. Recently I had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt and experienced such a pleasant encounter with one of the staff that I felt compelled enough to dedicate the time out of my schedule to recognize her. Her name was Tiffany and she checked me in at the front desk on Easter morning. The young lady was not only well groomed and meticulous, she possessed a sincere desire to make me feel welcome and appreciated. The sincerity is what I thought set her apart from others. Personally it is a character trait that I can discern very quickly because it is not something an individual can easily fake with me after all these years. Tiffany exuded both attentiveness to my needs and the needs of The Hyatt by making me feel appreciated and demonstrating that she also appreciated her service to the Hyatt. She struck me as the type of individual that was very loyal to her employer and grateful to serve them. A characteristic that any business owner hopes to see in their employees to achieve prosperity and success. Congratulations Hyatt for employing such an exemplary staff member to represent your hotel and keep patrons like myself both loyal and grateful to stay there. Please recognize Tiffany for her faithful service to you and you will ensure my loyalty for years to come.

Room Tip: Go see Tiffany at he front desk to select a room for you
Green Features: I think the hotel both demonstrates and encourages guests to be environmentally friendly
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
WOW! Your review and the time you took to acknowledge our staff is beyond appreciated and welcomed! We have already reached out to Tiffany about your review, as well as her team and managers, to ensure her true, sincere southern hospitality is recognized. We do appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt, as well as to our property. As a local Atlatan you have an idea of how many hospitality options there are downtown and we greatly appreciate you choosing Hyatt --that's what we strive for. As you mentioned, you are always impressed with your accommodations here and our wonderful staff. That being said, our property handpicks each employee to ensure they exude the proper characteristics: hospitable, passionate, friendly, alert and more. We take pride in every staff member who puts on the Hyatt uniform and we're pleased to hear you applaud us on our staff and training. We look forward to having you continue your stays with us. If you aren't already, we advise you look in to our Gold Passport reward program. It's a great program with many perks that you may greatly appreciate. See you soon!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night but this hotel is very nice. The rooms and lobby look very modern. Our room was very clean. The only areas that look dated and/or not clean were the walkways outside of the room. The carpet looks worn. The design looks dated.

There is not many amenities for family here. Yes they have a pool. Looked nice but it was raining so we couldn't check it out. There is a bar, restaurant, and coffee bar which is pricy. They have a little shop for things you may need too.
If you don't mind walking next door, there is the Peachtree mall next door. Plenty of places to eat for the family and to get snacks cheap.

The main reason we stayed here is location location location. We are a short walk to the aquarium, coke museum, and centennial park.

Stayed April 2014
Thanks for staying with us! We're glad you chose our hotel for its convenience to all the great, must-see attractions in downtown Atlanta: Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, CNN Center, Centennial Olympic Park, Imagine It! Children's Museum and more all within 4 blocks. We do have a pool which we are happy to have open for the summer season, sorry the weather did not plan accordingly. We hope you will visit again for another trip to Atlanta for a fun-filled weekend. We look forward to seeing you then!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife.and I are very pleased with our accommodations at this hotel. Ty at the front desk was very accommodating and filled us in with all of t he information we needed regarding our stay.

The Regency Club is comfortable with good food and attentive service.

The lobby bar is also an excellent place to visit.

If t he rest of our stay is as good as our first day, I will be very happy

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for your kind words and for staying with us for a fun weekend in Atlanta. We appreciate your shout out to Ty at the Front Desk. He is a fantastic asset to the company and we're happy to have him on board. We will be sure to share your praise with him and the team. Also, our Regency Club is a great amenity to add to your stay as you receive multiple benefits at your fingertips. Thanks for visiting Twenty-Two Storys and next time we hope you will visit Sway and the re-turn of our 1967 spinning, rooftop restaurant, Polaris. See you next time!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Everyone is friendly and helpful. Restaurants are a little spendy but luckily there is a walk-through to a large food court. Conference center is located in convenient area as well. Wifi works well in atrium and was included in my room rate (government). Bathroom was large and clean but lacked the counter space by the sink which was awkward when getting ready. Walking distance to Hard Rock, Benihanas, and the Aquarium.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us! So glad you enjoyed your time with us while attending your conference. Our hotel does feature three outstanding outlets (fourth to come soon), plus we are within walking distance to over 700 restaurants ranging in cuisine, theme and price. We appreciate your review and recommendation of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!