“So So Place”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Home
“So So Place”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My stay was not as good as I was expecting.Maybe next time they will put me in a cleaner room. When I did complain nobody paid any attention like it was not a big deal. When you stay at a downtonn Hayyat property you expect much better service.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We regret to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations --nor our standards. We strive to meet every guest's needs. Our staff is determined to rise to every occasion and we do hope you will give our property a second chance to show you our true value. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have nothing negative to say about our stay at all. The room was clean and updated, the staff friendly and helpful, the location is good (not great, but it did the trick) and the hotel itself is really nice.

If I had one complaint, its the lack of "free" internet. I didn't know hotels still charge?!? THat was a surprise.

Another note is parking.....its expensive and the only other nearby option with a loose affiliation is a really run down garage around the corner. Its "downtown", so I guess its "typical", but its still tough to pay almost 1/2 the cost of the room just to park.

I didn't try the food as timing didn't work out so I cannot comment on the quality or price but the bar and other facilities looked nice.

I'd come back (and probably will) again for sure.

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor with a view and got it....was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing Hyatt Regency Atlanta during your stay downtown. Our hotel has undergone a $65 million renovation, which included our lobby, outlets, guest rooms, meeting spaces, technology and more. We're very pleased with our transformation and are happy to hear that you are, too! We do offer free wi-fi in the lobby, along with multiple seating options (and nearby charging stations) to meet your needs. Next time you stay with us, check out our City Queen room --it is currently offering free wi-fi! Also, as you mentioned, we do offer valet services to our guests as we want to ensure your safety (and your car's). Our underground parking garage is safe, convenient and allows come-and-go privilege’s. We hope that on your next visit you have a chance to try our outlets: Sway, Market and Twenty-Two Storys! Thanks for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was my first time staying here. I was happily surprised by the facility, the staff and the location. My biggest issue was that the gym was undergoing renovation (till 12/1) and they had 3 machines in a meeting room. They did offer to get me a pass to the Marriott, but the gym wasn't crowded at all when I went.

Had breakfast in the restaurant. Ordered the eggs Benedict. It was on a biscuit instead of an english muffin. Different, but quite good.

The staff were very proactive and polite.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for choosing Hyatt Regency Atlanta! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We exceeded your expectations and that is what we strive for! We did renovate our 24/7 fitness center to better serve our guests. You will need to visit again so you may take advantage of the gym facility. Glad you had a moment to eat at Sway, our southern contemporary restaurant. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed every bit of your stay and we thank you for your review and recommendation of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for Dragon*Con 2013. I give it 4 stars for the convenience of being one of the host hotels and enabling us to get so much more out of the convention experience.
4 stars also for the staff who were very polite, helpful, and quick to respond to any requests.
We stayed in a king room in the International Tower on the 19th floor. Nice view out the window. I have heard some folks had issues waiting for elevators but we never had to wait more than a few minutes. The room was surprisingly quiet, considering how noisy the hall got at times. The room was adequate size (there were 3 of us) and had room to squeeze a roll away cot up against the window.
Now some of the negatives; there was no cot in the room when we arrived, but this was quickly remedied by a very nice employee. Luckily we arrived on Wednesday or I am pretty sure there would have been no cot at all.
The room had a microscopic mini fridge (I am talking tiiiiinnnnyyyy! Like, 3 bottles of water and that's about it). Other than it being the worlds smallest fridge, it also didn't work. Again, a call to the desk had another helpful employee delivering a replacement fridge to our room within 10 minutes. This one was just a teensy bit bigger (5 water bottles! hurray!) and worked. Again, thankful for the Wednesday check in or I'm betting we would have been out of luck on that too, lol.
My biggest complaint was the state of the bedding. I sat down and was about to stretch out when I noticed a shadow on the top cover. Well, it was a big, nasty, crusty, stain! Turns out it went all the way through to the mattress cover. And it looked exactly like what you are thinking it looked like. This was not a stain from a spilled drink but more likely from something that came from a human....if you get my meaning. I just about barfed. I called downstairs (again) and they sent someone up with fresh linens (though the didn't remake the bed or take the dirty ones). I have to say I was pretty grossed out the rest of the weekend.
I keep seeing comments about how the hotel was recently renovated but I have to say, our room looked like it would benefit from a facelift. It was definitely a bit worn around the edges. We visited a friends room who was in the main part of the hotel and it looked to be in much better shape than ours was.
The lobby is gorgeous. The restaurant looked really nice too, but was stupid expensive, so we ate elsewhere.
The only other complaint I have is that the air conditioner did not work very well in our room. We had a repair guy come in and try to fix it, twice, but only managed to make it slightly less horribly hot. Again, the employee was very nice, and quick to arrive, but this unit looked old and dirty and I guess he could only do so much. The fan kept turning off (even though both he and I set it to remain on). It would disregard the temperature I had set it at and just randomly come on and off. If we hadn't already unpacked our mega-ton of stuff I would have asked for a different room.
All in all I would stay here again, if only because it was super convenient for the convention. If you are looking for a hotel with a stunning room, you might want to look elsewhere. The Hyatt in Buckhead is absolutely gorgeous ;)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thanks for staying with us during such an exciting time in Atlanta: Dragon*Con. We are one of the host hotels for this city-wide event and staying with us ensures you will always be in the right place at the right time. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and especially your interactions with our staff members throughout the entire hotel. With such a large convention in-house, our operational team members work very hard to ensure your stay is memorable and ideal. The hotel has many parts that must play out perfectly for success, and we believe we are very skilled in doing so.
We do regret to hear that you were uncomfortable with the bedding in your room. Our housekeeping staff is a hardworking department and they want you to be comfortable during your entire stay.
It's great to hear that you will continue to stay with us, especially during Dragon*Con, and we hope you will think of us during other trips to Atlanta. We have multiple room layouts to fit all your traveling needs, so let the fun begin. We look forward to seeing you at Dragon*Con 2014.
Memphis
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is huge but handy which do not typically go together. I was there for a travel agent conference and never was a hassle to walk from seminars back to my room if I needed a break. It is connected to a small shopping area with a very large food court so grabbing a quick bite couldn't be easier. They have a "Market Place" coffee shop that is open 24 hours so no matter what time your flight in the morning you can get your java and bagel.
You can check in & out online which seriously takes about a minute so no waiting in line if you don't wish to.
There is a FedEx office in the lobby so taking care of your business needs is all right there. There is free wifi in the lobby however there is a fee to have it in your room.
It is seriously like next door to a MARTA stop so you can just take the train from the airport to the hotel, no need for a taxi.
Really no complaints about my stay at all.

Room Tip: FYI, little travel secret for those complaining about your room, book your hotel with a travel agent...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks for staying with us while attending your conference. Our hotel is a large property with many moving parts, but our staff is well-equipped to handle all group sizes. We see every day as an opportunity to show off the well-trained team we have staffed in every department. This is our time to shine and make every conference goers' stay delightful and memorable. You hit on some great benefits of staying with us. Our Market, located in the main lobby, is open 24/7 and proudly brews Starbucks coffee and serves fresh sandwiches, salads and snacks. Also, we are located next to Peachtree Center, which provides multiple dining options, shopping opportunities and the convenient/efficient Marta public transportation. Another great asset is the FedEx Office located in our main lobby. We can take care of all your shipping, printing and packaging needs. We hope to see you again!
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I just attended the Travel Leaders National Meeting. The facilities were very accommodating for a large group. Employees were very friendly and provided excellent service. Very convenient with the MARTA station connected with a walkway. Just wish they had free wifi!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us during your time at the conference! Our team works diligently to ensure our guests have a wonderful time and take away positive, hospitable memories from their stay. As you mentioned we are neighbors to the Marta public transit station, providing quick and efficient transportation to/from the airport and neighboring Atlanta neighborhoods. We hope to see you again!
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt during a conference in November. The hotel is beautiful and modern. The room was spacious and comfortable. I stayed on the 20th floor of the main tower. The food at the Market and 22nd story Bar was fabulous. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I did a lot of work in the room. The desk area was comfortable and efficient. Room service food was fabulous. The conference food was mediocre. I would also like add that the servers working the conference were some of the hardest working, friendlies and helpful people I have encountered in quite some time. Thanks to all of you for helping to make my experience at the the NAEHCY Conference a great one.
Some tips: Parking is expensive ($35 per night). However, your car is in the building and is secure. The car is also accessible anytime you need to access it. (no extra charges for that) WiFi in the room is not free. I was lucky because the conference worked out a deal so that we had wifi included in our room price. The Chicken Pot Pie I got at the Market (in the hotel lobby) was THE BEST Chicken Pot Pie I have ever tasted!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks for staying with us during your time at the conference! It is so wonderful to hear about the amazing time you had! Glad you had some free time to try our 24/7 Market and Twenty-Two Storys bar. The Market serves freshly brewed Starbucks coffee and delicious pastries, salads, fruit dishes and sandwiches. It’s perfect for on-the-go schedules or for those who have an hour for lunch. 22 Storys is our lobby bar that features local craft beers along with a beer-forward menu. The menu was recently revamped, so we're glad you enjoyed the new bites and pints at the bar.
Thank you for the kind words you shared about our staff and specifically about our banquet staff. Our banquets team works hard every day to ensure our groups receive delicious foods, great service and amazing memories of their time with us. It's great to hear their actions were loud and clear! We do hope you will stay with us again, whether for another conference or simply to explore more of Atlanta. Either way, we hope to see you again, soon!