“Will definitely return” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Will definitely return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Check-in and check out was efficient. Breakfast buffet had a wide selection and tasted great. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was spacious, clean, very quiet. Location cannot be beaten, we could walk to places easily and transportation means were always within easy reach (MARTA, taxis, etc). Many restaurants nearby to select from. There is a Market shop in the Lobby that sells Starbucks coffee and they open 24 hours. Will definitely return and stay here again.

Room Tip: With the open-planned structure, higher rooms grant more quietness and noise reduction from the bar...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks for your kind words! You mentioned many of our great points on why guests love choosing Hyatt Regency Atlanta when they are in town! Thank you for the shout out on our friendly, hospitable staff who goes the extra mile every day to ensure your stay is memorable. And in a busy downtown area, quick and efficient transportation is key. With the MARTA train system and taxis readily available, it makes traveling a breeze. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I were in Atlanta from July 26-28th for a family reunion. We traveled from Massachusetts, for this family gathering. Most of the events were held at the Hyatt. Our stay was truly exceptional. Our room was on the 18th floor, near an elevator, which would normally bother me in light of the noise factor. We were going to request a room change, but decided to stay. Believe it or not, you really did not hear the elevators. Our room was neat, clean, and over looked the city of Atlanta, and it was FABULOUS. The room was a good size, and well appointed, however, the bathroom was a bit small, but very well maintained. One could tell that the rooms had been recently renovated. The over all appearance of the hotel is beautiful, and well kept. The hotel itself, is centrally located in down town Atlanta, and within walking distance of most attractions. The staff at the hotel, was professional, courteous, and attentive to our needs. The only negative, was the food was a bit expensive. We did order breakfast in our room, and paid $26.00 per person. But, it was worth every penny as the food was absolutely delicious. I have to mention the comfortable beds. OMG, the pillows, and bed were soft and comfortable. Every night, was a great night's sleep. I would awake refreshed and ready to go. Most hotel beds are not that comfortable, but the Hyatt beds well exceeded my expectations. There is nothing negative about this hotel. Parking in the area is good. We wanted Valet parking, but their lot was full, so we parked in a public lot which was right across the street from the hotel, definitely walking distance, only a couple of minutes. Very convenient, and was reasonable at $18.00 a night. Again, the hotel is centrally located to shops and restaurants. There are multiple restaurants, which range in price from average, to expensive. There is definitely a good selection to choose from. Regarding attractions, I would highly recommend the Atlanta Aquarium, and make sure that you purchase tickets for the dolphin show, which is absolutely incredible. Our stay in Atlanta was great, and I would definitely recommend the Hyatt for anyone looking for an exceptional hotel.

Room Tip: Higher level, 18th floor and above, less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sing15
Thanks for staying with us and we are extremely pleased over your satisfaction with our hotel, staff and your overall stay with us! Our goal is to make every guest feel comfortable, accommodated, appreciated and genuinely cared for. It's always wonderful to hear when we have exceeding our guests’ expectations! The rooms have recently been renovated --and our Hyatt Grand beds are always ready to please a sleepy head. As you mentioned, we are located in the heart of downtown Atlanta. We are a short walk to multiple must-see Atlanta attractions: CNN Center, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Centennial Olympic Park and more! With restaurants and shopping all nearby, we are a great location for exploring the city. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had a relaxing stay on a busy business trip where returning to my room each night was something to look forward to!! The hotel has recently been renovate and the rooms are now modern, stylish and tastefully furnished with plenty of space. Nice roomy walk-in showers and plenty of counter space.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a great view of the city and really help get away from the city sounds at night!
1 Thank Renuka D
We're glad you enjoyed your stay! And you are correct, as we recently completed a $65 million renovation, which included our room accommodations, dining outlets, technology and many other facets of the hotel. Glad you enjoyed all of the upgrades! A quiet room to sneak away from a business trip is always desired, and we are happy we could provide that to you. Any time you need a getaway, and you're in the Atlanta area, you know where to look. See you soon!
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I attended a conference in Atlanta on July 26-28, 2013. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency as that is where the conference was being held. My experience at this hotel was nothing short of WONDERFUL. The location of the hotel is great, right on the MARTA (subway system), and within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and local attractions (i.e. CNN Studio Tour, Centennial Park, Coke World, and the Aquarium). I was in Room 2168. Although the rooms were a bit smaller than I expected, my room was clean, well appointed, and suited my needs while there. Every single hotel staff member that I encountered was amazingly friendly and wonderful. Upon my check-in into the hotel, Lisa Marie, was the front desk person that checked me in, answered all of my questions, and provided me with lots of helpful hints for my stay in the area. During the conference, the entire staff was amazing helpful to all of us who attended. Several of the attendees had unique medical issues, and the staff was right there, every single time any of them needed help. I was really impressed. I will absolutely stay at this hotel again if my travels take me to Atlanta. I highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room I the tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
WOW! Thank you for your kind words and appreciation for our hotel and the steps we take to ensure every guest is pleased and satisfied! Every employee is trained to perform to the highest standards of customer service, and we are happy to know you witnessed these efforts in action. We will be sure to share your shout outs with our Front Desk agents. MARTA is a great hint for those traveling via airplane to Atlanta. The MARTA train line is great for traveling around Atlanta, as well as for guests' direct line from the airport to the hotel. Thank you for your recommendation, and we look forward to hosting you again. See you soon!
Caribou, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is elegant and sophisticated without being stuffy. The Lobby is gorgeous, elevators are fast and smooth, rooms are well appointed and clean. The balcony offers a great view. Pool is clean and has nice lounging areas. Bar is fun, great music, amazing food and drinks, fast service. Our bartender looked like Channing Tatum and he was soooooo hot without even flirting. He made you feel like the most beautiful lady in the bar, don't ask me how. Starbucks coffee and peach scones in the snack bar, everything you wanted was right there. It's centrally located and attached to the Peachtree Mall. You need never go outside! Everything is within walking distance. CVS, next door, Marta Station, Aquarium and Coke. Kid friendly too!

Room Tip: Get a pool view so you can check to see when it's not busy, and check out the others sunning. Th...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for choosing our hotel during your stay in Atlanta! We are glad our hotel could be everything, and then some to you while away on business. We appreciate all the compliments you gave about our hotel's architecture, our $65 million renovation, the room accommodations, our staff and their great, efficient customer service! As you mentioned we are very centrally located in the heart of downtown Atlanta --as we are surrounded by multiple must-see attractions, shopping, dining and attractions. Many of these points of interest are no further than 4 blocks from our front drive! Glad you enjoyed the convenience of staying at our hotel. We hope you will continue to visit us!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel made a tremendous first impression. The 22 story atrium is stunning. My room was clean and well decorated. My safe did not work and someone came to fix it right away.

Check in was tough. I got incorrect directions from the bell man, who also declined to help me with my bag despite my broken arm. Strange. He wanted to help the attractive young woman behind me in line, but I bet I would have been a better tipper. :) My room was never cleaned during my four day stay. The service came at 12:30 each day. That was my one 30 min break from lectures and conference activity. I asked them to return in 30 min.... They never did.

So lovely, but below average service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HuntingH
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were blown away by our hotel's beautiful architecture and room accommodations. We do apologize for any inconveniences or lack of customer service you experienced during your stay. We train our employees to provide the highest level of service and hospitality, and regret to hear that you did not feel fully accommodated. We do hope you will visit us again, in the near future, and allow our staff to impress you one more time. See you then.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Take the Marta train from the airport directly to the hotel, which is above the station.
Plenty of restaurants in the road outside.
Big spacious hotel.
Club lounge is not up to the standard of some other Hyatt's, but that is a small criticism.
Clean and well equipped rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Britleo
Thanks for staying with us during your business trip! As you experienced, MARTA is a direct line that can transfer you to and from the airport to the hotel. A covered skybridge connects the two buildings for great accessibility during all-weather circumstances. There are many neighboring restaurants, as well as three dining options in the hotel lobby! Glad you enjoyed your stay and happy to know you frequent Hyatt hotels. We hope you continue to choose Hyatt and we look forward to seeing you again, soon!