“Nice stay, would stay again”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #38 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family just returned from a 3-night trip to Atlanta. Overall, I was pleased with the Hyatt Regency. GREAT customer service. One night our room reeked of cigarette smoke (we were far above the designated smoking floor). It took over an hour to get some air freshener, but the staff were apologetic and understanding, especially considering we had small children breathing in the smell.

Parking was high. We opted to park in the lot a block away, and had no complaints from doing so. It saved about 50%.

My only complaint deals with the cleanliness of the room. There was a plastic wrapper from around a pack of cigarettes on the floor when we walked in the room. Also, while in the tub, I noticed the dirt and dust all around the toilet bowl. It looked as if someone had vomited in the toilet and it was not cleaned properly. Sadly, I noticed this on the last day after I was thoroughly disgusted.

Overall, the price was right and we were right in the middle of everything. We would stay again, though next time I will check the cleanliness of the room better.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stormyeb306
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thanks for staying with us during your trip to Atlanta! We take pride in the customer service we provide to each and every guest. We desire to make your stay one of comfort. We do apologize that your room accommodations were not up to par. We strive to perform every task to the highest level of satisfaction, and we regret to hear you did not find your room's cleanliness up to our standards. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again. Our hotel is in the heart of downtown where many must-see Atlanta attractions are within walking distance from our front drive. We will see you next time!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

clean, spacious for price rooms newly renovated.. No wifi in rooms-- in America! Really!? Business center is a "rent by the minute" desktop in the fedex office.

Distract yourself with the outdoor pool surrounded by buildings. To be fair we traveled here for the Finals of the National Middle School History Bee and it was a very good hotel for this-- lots of meeting space and cheap conference rates. Ask for a high floor. All rooms overlook the open atrium lobby and low floors are exposed to all the lobby noise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank snwa

We are happy to hear that the hotel met your needs during the competition you were attending. Our rooms (along with all other aspects of the hotel) recently underwent a $65 million renovation. We are in love with our new accommodations and are glad you are, too! We hope you will choose us again!

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I found this to b a very good hotel. The staff were helpful, friendly and just purely a pleasure. The location was also good. Close to walk to some nice bars & restaurants but the room service was just as good. When I was locked outta my room with an issue of the door lock the locksmith and security came quickly and was so apologetic and friendly and gave me a compliaments card for free breakfast or drinks for my inconvenience. All in all I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for all your kind words on your stay with us! Our location is ideal, especially when your trip leads you to downtown Atlanta. We have great restaurants and bars within walking distance of our front drive, but we also have the option of our signature restaurant, Sway, and lobby bar, Twenty-Two Storys, inside the hotel on the main floor. We are happy to hear about the wonderful turnaround you experienced as our employees assisted in making your stay as relaxing and stress-free as possible. We can't wait to see you next time!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Room rates are outrageous, internet cost money per day....I can get free WiFi at a holiday inn....no laundry room...for what you pay you would think it would have the basics....would never syst again!

• Stayed: June 2013
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We apologize that we did not live up to your standards during your stay with us. We strive to please every guest with our genuine southern hospitality and our many guest services. We hope you will give us another chance and choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a functional hotel. Nice and fairly clean. Not really memorable. The conference room facility was very good, as was the food surprisingly. The bathroom was a bit old. The sliding door to the balcony would not lock. I would stay at this hotel again for a conference or business, but would not be on my list of Atlanta area hotels to stay for pleasure. In fact, I would avoid staying in the downtown area of Atlanta in general when bringing family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for staying with us during your visit to Atlanta! We do take great steps in ensuring our guests enjoy flawless meetings and conferences in our hotel. We are pleased to hear you would stay with us in the future for the convenience of business, but we do hope you will reconsider staying with us for pleasure, too. To help make your downtown trip less hectic at times, hop on the neighboring MARTA train to travel the city without having to take your car out of the garage. Also, take a little walk to the many Atlanta attractions that are within 4 blocks of our front drive: World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, and more. We have many things nearby to ensure your family has a great time in downtown Atlanta.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting. The rooms were nicely appointed and I did not have any issues with noise. I stayed on the 5th floor in the Atrium and I am an extremely light sleeper. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. I really liked that they had a Market so you could just pick up whatever you needed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Even though I was a single female by myself, the bar staff made sure to provide service and not overlook me. Was in a great central location close to the aquarium and the Coke museum. I would highly recommend this establishment to all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations, and also for your shout out on our great customer service! We will let our Twenty-Two Storys bartenders know about your kind words. We set very high standards for each of our employees to place every guest and their needs at the top of the line. As a hotel guest, we want you to feel like Hyatt Regency Atlanta is your home-away-from-home. The Market, as you mentioned, is open 24 hours to meet every schedule for snacks, drinks and treats! It's located in our lobby, making it a perfect stop on your way in and out of the hotel. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

When I am working in Atlanta, I love staying at the Hyatt. It's just a block from the Merchandise mart, so it's so convenient! Every interaction I had with staff was a good one -- they were professional, but everyone I spoke with had a really great personality -- obviously management allows them to be themselves, and it works. We stayed in the International Tower, which appears to have been redecorated recently. Although the rooms were on the small side, they were comfortable and nicely appointed. The bed and linens were great. Pool area was very attractive and the pool was a good size.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We are so happy to hear you choose our hotel whenever you visit Atlanta. Thanks for your comments on our friendly staff. We do ensure our employees enjoy their job, those they work beside and the guests they serve every day. Southern hospitality is inside each of us, and we are glad you see it shine during each of your visits. As you have pointed out, our entire hotel underwent a $65 million renovation --rooms, dining outlets, technology, meeting space and different initiatives have taken place to make your stay is as relaxing and comforting as possible. That also includes our newly re-opened pool! Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you next time!