“Great for Conferences”

Ranked #36 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Memphis, TN
“Great for Conferences”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for a company meeting. I arrived very early and the hotel was able to accommodate me with an early check-in. This allowed me to use the fitness facilities prior to my meeting that afternoon. The fitness facility was a good space with updated treadmills (TVs built in), elliptical and bikes. They also had pretty good weight machines. The meeting space itself was very large. The catering service did a great job on the food and snacks. Everything was fresh and tasty. The service staff was also very friendly – shout out to Terrance. I didn’t experience the pool area as it was being worked on, but it appeared to be very small and not very inviting. The rooms were nicely updated, although my room seemed a bit dark. I likely wouldn’t stay here with my family or if I am visiting friends and family, but this was is an excellent location if you are a business traveler or if you have a conference here.
***Ladies, bring a sweater if attending a conference here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while attending a company meeting. You were able to enjoy our 24-hour StayFit® at Hyatt fitness center, where we help meet all workout routines. Our catering team does a fantastic job in all situations with delicious tastes and bites to please all. And thank you for the staff shout out! We do hope you will stay with us again, even when you are just visiting the city. We are a great location with multiple attractions within a few blocks from the front drive. We do hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed in room 1205 in the atrium portion of hotel for 3 nights. My room was large (almost akin to a studio) and very modern with a mini fridge and balcony overlooking the heart of downtown Atlanta. I had to force myself to leave the hotel and explore the surrounding area because everything I needed was contained within those walls. The Hyatt Regency has several on-site restaurants including a 24 hour marketplace (appropriately named Market) in the lobby that caters to the late night muncher. From check-in to check-out the service was exceptional and on the multiple occasions I interacted with staff their response was prompt and courteous.

My friends booked a room at the Doubletree in Buckhead and boy were they envious when they saw the Hyatt's lobby and spacious guestroom. They cut their eyes at me after the first sip of our cocktails at Twenty-Two Storys http://www.atlantaregency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/Twenty-TwoStorysAtlanta.html. They had to concede that I won - my hotel was way better than theirs.

Green Features: I loved the in-room recycling and towel re-use system.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
WOW! Your entire review on our property is beyond appreciated and music to our ears! We strive to make the hotel a 'home-away-from-home' for our guest, and it seems as though we passed with flying colors! We are extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed every second of your stay at the hotel. Finding great restaurants is always a necessity when you are in a new city, and we do offer 3 great dining options in our lobby: Sway (main dining restaurant), 22 Storys (lobby bar with beer-driven menu) and Market (open 24/7)! The drink options at 22 Storys are fabulous and there are many options for you and your friends to enjoy the local tastes of Atlanta. We are pleased to hear all our employees were helpful and friendly. We train everyone to exceed in customer service to ensure a flawless stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time!!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located near the conference hotel on a trip April 2013. We stayed in the main tower and my room seemed to be right above the bar, so even though there was a sign that said quiet hours 9pm-9am, you could faintly hear the bar crowd well into the evening. This did not really bother me but something to keep in mind for others. The aesthetic of the atrium is lovely but somehow feels dated so I was nicely suprised when I walked into a very modern room. There was a nice desk so I could work a very small bathroom and two beds as described. My safe was broken but someone came quickly to fix it and my housekeeper never made my bed the entire stay and only came in to clean the bathroom once upon request- that I thought was lacking and why it is only an average hotel.
The bar 22 storys is really nice, has great food and very pleasant staff and management. Sway was decent for lunch but the market place had starbucks coffee and treats to eat as well.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main tower you may hear the noise from the bar.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thanks for staying with us during your business trip last month. We recently underwent a $65 million renovation which included our lobby, guest rooms, technology, our three dining outlets and the overall experience at the hotel. The architecture dates back to 1967 and we strive to show its aesthetic beauty throughout every renovation. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed every one of our dining outlets: 22 Storys, Sway and the Market. We hope you will stay with us again during your next trip to Atlanta.
Delhi
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during to attend the ACL conference which was happening at this hotel itself from 28th April to 29th April. This is a huge multistoreyed hotel. Though my initial experience was not so good because when i reached the hotel at 3 p.m. i was told that the room is not yet ready and i would have to wait for half an hour. Coming from UK i was tired and felt irritated that the room was not ready even after check in times. However, once i got into my room which was on the 18th Floor, it was quite comfortable and decent. The hotel has tried to take care of all requirements in the room including dermatologist approved toiletries. I had forgotten my converter pins for my laptop since i had a UK power lead. The hotel provided it in no time. The rooms were very spacious, linen was clean. There is a restaurant right across the lobby where we had our meal and trust me i really enjoyed my evening meal there. The hotel did seem quite busy to me which itself is also an indicator that the hotel is good and occupancy is high. I would recommend this hotel to all for a comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel while you visited the U.S. We apologize for your room not being available upon your arrival; however, it is great to know you felt comfortable and at ease once inside. Thanks for noticing our dermatologist approved toiletries: KennetMD products. We want guests to see Hyatt Regency Atlanta as a home-away-from-home, and even small details (i.e. bathroom toiletries) have not been overlooked. You enjoyed your meal at Sway, and next time be sure to relax at our lobby bar Twenty-Two Storys for a few pints and a beer-driven menu of appetizers and entrees. See you next time!
Southern California
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel and stayed in the International Tower. This is a newer tower and much quieter than the main building (which is an open atrium style). The room was standard, but it included a small balcony and a view of downtown.
Room service is insanely expensive for anything but breakfast (which is a bit pricey too), but the food was really good and delivered in a timely manner. The cool part was that I could order room service through the TV system.
The shower pressure was fantastic and there were enough lamps to light up each area well.
There is no regular parking at this hotel, except for valet, which is expense, but there's a nearby parking structure. I chose the valet because I didn't want it to take 15 minutes to use my rental car. The valets were quick and courteous and offered to give directions to any place I needed.
In the main lobby there is an open bar and a restaurant. The concierge staff was very handy. I needed to find certain places and they printed directions for me. They also provided easy access to the nearest drugstore for supplies.
There was no pad of paper or pen provided, which I found odd.
Wifi costs money for each 24 hour period and the land cable was broken in my room. I ended up paying for the wifi and the download time was quick.
There was an in-room safe, which I always need and it was big enough to hold a 15" laptop.
There were plenty of hangers, but not enough drawers.
The towels were a bit scratchy.
The elevators were very quick to the 17th floor and quick to return to the lobby.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room in the International Tower
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing us during your visit to Atlanta. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the quick and easy access to valet and your conference's events. Everything is a simple elevator (or escalator) ride away. Our valet is to provide a reliable service to guests allowing a more care-free stay on our property. You mentioned our lobby bar and restaurant, and for any 'after-hour' treats be sure to visit the Market --open 24 hours! We want to ensure our guests are well taken care of and that they see the hotel as their home away from home. From speedy elevators and friendly employees to an efficient valet service and delicious food, we want every guest to enjoy their stay with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Over all Okay however I should have been informed my room did not have a bathtub, I have restless leg syndrome and need a hot bath to soak in after a long day, my stay has been mersrible due to not getting the good rest needed

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sandradenise
Thanks for staying with us! We apologize for all your needs not being met. Next time, please don't hesitate to call the front desk with any concerns. We desire to have every guest comfortable and relaxed during their stay, and we will do everything we can to meet your needs. We do hope you will stay with us again.
San Diego, CA
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Arrived yesterday for a quick overnight stay. Was warmly greeting but staff and room was ready early. Received a room upgrade and late checkout 2pm to accommodate a late flight.

Great location and right next to the (Marta) metro - peachtree station. I am very happy with my stay and would stay here in the future if I find myself in Atlanta again

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jade25
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments, we're glad our staff was able to accommodate. And yes, we are a direct stop on Atlanta's transit system. Good tip!. Hope you can stay with us again the next time you're in town.