“As you may know.... Everything is extra. Always. Nothing is included.”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #34 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“As you may know.... Everything is extra. Always. Nothing is included.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Parking is $35. Food is $35 pool and jacuzzi is closed for renovation. Valet control is a MESS.

BUT.... You may not find a better hotel. This hotel is indeed beautiful. But they need to hire more people. Especially in Valet. Rooms were great. Every room has a balcony. Great view of the city.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Xcellin
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thanks for your comments and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Our newly designed super relaxing pool will be open this month, so stay tuned. Hope you can stay with us again, soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a great experience at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta, and much prefer it to other hotels of its kind in the area, like the Westin, which I recently stayed at as well. The Hyatt has a 24 hour market that sells pretty decent food and snacks, so you don't have to pay a steep price for room service if you want to eat at strange hours. The room was extremely comfortable, and quiet... the elevators are only on one side, so it's pretty easy to avoid getting a room right by the elevator. Like the Westin, this hotel charges for the internet in your room, which is definitely a bummer because of the cost of staying here. If you become a Hyatt member (which is free) the internet is free, so I would recommend doing that. Overnight valet parking with unlimited in and out access is $32 a night, but that's similar to other hotels in the area. I reserved this hotel on Hotwire for $65, and for that price, it was absolutely a steal. I would definitely recommend this hotel over other similar 4 star hotels in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lindsay S
Wow, thanks for your comments. We're glad you found our rooms quiet and comfortable. And, we love our 24 Market, glad you do, too. We're proud to be one of your favorite hotels! Please stay with us again, soon.
kpc123
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have tried staying several places on our trips for pleasure to Atlanta GA. There are many great hotels there but in the end, we always keep coming back to the Hyatt Regency. The staff are polite and helpful, the rooms are large and airy and the balconies allow cool outside air into the spacious, well declared rooms even in the summer so you have a choice as to whether you breathe bottled air or not. The snacks on the concierge floor are amazing and we have made new friends there. I am bashing this review on not one or two but over 16 visits in the last five years. we will not be staying any place else in the ATL.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room . Less noise and more balcony time
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
WOW! Thank you for your kind words and for continuously making Hyatt Regency Atlanta your home away from home. To help create the ultimate comfort, our friendly staff is always available to assist and we are happy to hear you strongly agree. You have made new friends during your stays with us which is wonderful; we are pleased to be a part of that. We look forward to visit #17 soon. See you then!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference, so my stay was paid for. (Thank goodness, because its pretty expensive to stay). Expect to pay extra for Internet, and a lot to eat at the restaurant.

It is, however, a rather nice hotel. Registration was great, with very friendly employees. The room was good. Very modern. The only negative I would say about the room is that the balcony doesn't have chairs to sit on. They probably do this for a reason, but it would have been nice to sit out there. The hotel was conveniently located right along the MARTA route, so it was super easy to get to from the airport. It was also nice to have it connected to the peachtree center "mall". The food court was convenient, but other than that, it isn't much of a mall.

All in all, this is a very nice hotel, but I probably would only stay if it was a business trip that was paid for. I guess I'm a simple,guy who would rather give up luxury in order to have a continental breakfast and free wifi :)

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We're really glad you enjoyed your stay. We are an easy trip on MARTA to and from the airport and to other destinations around down. And thanks for mentioning our employees, they work hard every day to make our guests feel welcome. Hope you'll come back and stay with us again.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel charges for internet access in your room unless you are a passport member. Membership is free so join. Also two good restaurants within easy walking distance: Roy's Seafood (great $10 lunch special) and the Juke Joint (a little expensive and they charge $5 per person for the music) but the southern food and the music were worth the cost.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your comments. Glad you found some of the great local restaurants. Atlanta is home to some great new restaurants right now, from James Beard winners to Food Network stars. Check them out the next time you're in town! Hope you can stay with us again, soon.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I went to this hotel for a conference and had a great experience. I'm usually grossed out by hotel rooms - even at nicer hotels - because I know how many people are in and out of them, and little details like dusty vents or spots on the curtains usually end up turning me off. They Hyatt Regency had none of those issues. It was updated with modern decor and everything was clean. The only issue I could find with the room was that housekeeping forgot to dust the shelves in the nightstands. Everything else was spotless, and the updated decor made the room feel clean and inviting.

The only negative comment I have about the rooms is that the beds are a lot smaller than I expected. When I booked the room, they only had doubles left, which I thought might not be ideal, but would at least work, for my husband and me. We checked into our room and found the beds looked to be twin-size. However, the hotel staff was extremely accommodating and moved us to a king room, which had what looked like a queen bed.

There was also a refrigerator in our room, which we were not expecting.

The hotel has great amenities - a nice gym, two restaurants (one with a late night bar), a 24-hour mini-cafe, and a gift shop. Plus, the hotel attaches to a mall with a food court. You can also walk through the mall to access the MARTA train system without ever going outside. There are a lot of restraunts within just a few blocks, and even more within just a mile or two of the hotel.

I was pleastantly surprised to find in our room a list of items that the hotel could give or lend to us if we need them - phone chargers, flat irons, corkscrews, makeup remover pads. All kinds of things that you might otherwise have to purchase if you forgot to pack them. Very nice.

We did have one issue while we were at the hotel. We charged a bar bill to our room, and apparently there was a mix-up at the front desk with the credit card information we gave for incidentals, so the bar was unable to close out our bill. The bartender called our room three times between midnight and 1:00 a.m., despite the fact that my husband called the front desk to straighten the issue out, and then, after the front desk call, even got dressed and walked down to the front desk to physically give the credit card again. Even after that, the bartender persisted in calling our room, once even telling us he was going to have to pay the bill out of his own pocket if we didn't come back to the bar and provide a different form of payment. The bartender was extremely inappropriate and there was obviously a communication issue between the front desk and the bar. However, when my husband spoke to a manager in the morning, she was completely understanding and apologetic, and refunded half of our bar bill.

Overall, I was impressed with the service and the rooms, and the location was perfect.

Room Tip: Don't get a double and expect to sleep more than one adult in a bed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Wow, thanks so much for all of your comments. Sorry about the confusion with your bill, but we're glad our manager was able to get it sorted out. And we're glad you liked our "Hyatt Has It" list of necessary items, just in case you forgot. Hope you can stay with us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here while attending a conference. Here's the breakdown of my experiences:

Check-in / Check-out: The process was nice and quick

Lobby: This hotel is really beautiful inside, especially the fancy glass elevators. If you get dizzy easily, be sure not to look out as you ride up and down. I also liked how all the restaurants were right there, easily accessible from the lobby, no need to run around looking for them.

Service: Great service, friendly staff.

Room: The room was nice and quiet, except the occasional noise coming from the busy street below, but that is expected if you are staying in the city. I booked a standard double-bed room. The mattresses could use an upgrade, they were extremely uncomfortable. Felt as if I was laying in a hammock. The blanket and pillows are very nice though. The bathroom is somewhat small, but very clean. The towels are very rough, felt like sandpaper against your skin. For such a high price of the room, you'd expect a decent quality towel. The room also has a mini-fridge - something I didn't know about. So if you are travelling with snacks that require refrigeration, this would come in handy. The room also has bathrobes and your standard items such as an iron and an ironing board. The coffee cups are paper, not glass. The room had a nice size balcony which looked out on to Peachtree street. I was on the 19th floor, so the view of downtown was good.

Dining: The hotel has 3 places where you can dine in. Sway is the first one, they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, featuring Southern style food. Ate dinner there on the first night. Shrimp and Grits, it was pretty good, but expensive. The following day, had lunch there, got Chicken Sandwich with fries, it was good, but again triple the price of a chick-fil-a sandwich. I had training sessions throughout the day so I had to eat something fast and run, so this place was convenient, however, there are plenty of places to eat at right outside the hotel. Right across the street there is Corner Bakery, next to that is Ray's in the City, and Durango Steak house. Also, about a minute's walk, there is Peachtree Center Mall with a food court. I opted for that for lunch on one of the days. Breakfast at Sway was horrible. I decided to try the breakfast buffet and found the food cold and undercooked. The potato hashbrowns were undercooked, the chicken sausage was too. Scrambled eggs were cold.

The other place where you can pick up something to eat (to go) is the Market. Located next to Sway. They have bottled drinks, snacks, and packaged meals such as mac and cheese, etc. Reminded me of frozen food dinners. These items are SUPER expensive. And last but not least is their Twenty-Two Storys Bar. I did not go there, but it looks like a fun place to hang out and have a drink.

Internet Access: The wireless internet is NOT free. You pay for every 24 hours. You'd expect for the price of the room to have free internet, but it's not. If you really must go online, then buy it. Otherwise internet is free in the lobby and public places throughout the hotel.

Parking: I did not park at the hotel, but the valet is expensive. You are better off taking the Marta train or a taxi.

Overall the stay was great. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor, that way you are away from street noise down below.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Wow, thanks for all of your comments. So glad you enjoyed your balcony view and your stay in general. Please stay with us again soon!