“Beautiful Hotel, Clean Rooms, Great Location, Courteous Staff”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #37 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I went to this hotel for a conference and had a great experience. I'm usually grossed out by hotel rooms - even at nicer hotels - because I know how many people are in and out of them, and little details like dusty vents or spots on the curtains usually end up turning me off. They Hyatt Regency had none of those issues. It was updated with modern decor and everything was clean. The only issue I could find with the room was that housekeeping forgot to dust the shelves in the nightstands. Everything else was spotless, and the updated decor made the room feel clean and inviting.

The only negative comment I have about the rooms is that the beds are a lot smaller than I expected. When I booked the room, they only had doubles left, which I thought might not be ideal, but would at least work, for my husband and me. We checked into our room and found the beds looked to be twin-size. However, the hotel staff was extremely accommodating and moved us to a king room, which had what looked like a queen bed.

There was also a refrigerator in our room, which we were not expecting.

The hotel has great amenities - a nice gym, two restaurants (one with a late night bar), a 24-hour mini-cafe, and a gift shop. Plus, the hotel attaches to a mall with a food court. You can also walk through the mall to access the MARTA train system without ever going outside. There are a lot of restraunts within just a few blocks, and even more within just a mile or two of the hotel.

I was pleastantly surprised to find in our room a list of items that the hotel could give or lend to us if we need them - phone chargers, flat irons, corkscrews, makeup remover pads. All kinds of things that you might otherwise have to purchase if you forgot to pack them. Very nice.

We did have one issue while we were at the hotel. We charged a bar bill to our room, and apparently there was a mix-up at the front desk with the credit card information we gave for incidentals, so the bar was unable to close out our bill. The bartender called our room three times between midnight and 1:00 a.m., despite the fact that my husband called the front desk to straighten the issue out, and then, after the front desk call, even got dressed and walked down to the front desk to physically give the credit card again. Even after that, the bartender persisted in calling our room, once even telling us he was going to have to pay the bill out of his own pocket if we didn't come back to the bar and provide a different form of payment. The bartender was extremely inappropriate and there was obviously a communication issue between the front desk and the bar. However, when my husband spoke to a manager in the morning, she was completely understanding and apologetic, and refunded half of our bar bill.

Overall, I was impressed with the service and the rooms, and the location was perfect.

Room Tip: Don't get a double and expect to sleep more than one adult in a bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Wow, thanks so much for all of your comments. Sorry about the confusion with your bill, but we're glad our manager was able to get it sorted out. And we're glad you liked our "Hyatt Has It" list of necessary items, just in case you forgot. Hope you can stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here while attending a conference. Here's the breakdown of my experiences:

Check-in / Check-out: The process was nice and quick

Lobby: This hotel is really beautiful inside, especially the fancy glass elevators. If you get dizzy easily, be sure not to look out as you ride up and down. I also liked how all the restaurants were right there, easily accessible from the lobby, no need to run around looking for them.

Service: Great service, friendly staff.

Room: The room was nice and quiet, except the occasional noise coming from the busy street below, but that is expected if you are staying in the city. I booked a standard double-bed room. The mattresses could use an upgrade, they were extremely uncomfortable. Felt as if I was laying in a hammock. The blanket and pillows are very nice though. The bathroom is somewhat small, but very clean. The towels are very rough, felt like sandpaper against your skin. For such a high price of the room, you'd expect a decent quality towel. The room also has a mini-fridge - something I didn't know about. So if you are travelling with snacks that require refrigeration, this would come in handy. The room also has bathrobes and your standard items such as an iron and an ironing board. The coffee cups are paper, not glass. The room had a nice size balcony which looked out on to Peachtree street. I was on the 19th floor, so the view of downtown was good.

Dining: The hotel has 3 places where you can dine in. Sway is the first one, they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, featuring Southern style food. Ate dinner there on the first night. Shrimp and Grits, it was pretty good, but expensive. The following day, had lunch there, got Chicken Sandwich with fries, it was good, but again triple the price of a chick-fil-a sandwich. I had training sessions throughout the day so I had to eat something fast and run, so this place was convenient, however, there are plenty of places to eat at right outside the hotel. Right across the street there is Corner Bakery, next to that is Ray's in the City, and Durango Steak house. Also, about a minute's walk, there is Peachtree Center Mall with a food court. I opted for that for lunch on one of the days. Breakfast at Sway was horrible. I decided to try the breakfast buffet and found the food cold and undercooked. The potato hashbrowns were undercooked, the chicken sausage was too. Scrambled eggs were cold.

The other place where you can pick up something to eat (to go) is the Market. Located next to Sway. They have bottled drinks, snacks, and packaged meals such as mac and cheese, etc. Reminded me of frozen food dinners. These items are SUPER expensive. And last but not least is their Twenty-Two Storys Bar. I did not go there, but it looks like a fun place to hang out and have a drink.

Internet Access: The wireless internet is NOT free. You pay for every 24 hours. You'd expect for the price of the room to have free internet, but it's not. If you really must go online, then buy it. Otherwise internet is free in the lobby and public places throughout the hotel.

Parking: I did not park at the hotel, but the valet is expensive. You are better off taking the Marta train or a taxi.

Overall the stay was great. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor, that way you are away from street noise down below.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Wow, thanks for all of your comments. So glad you enjoyed your balcony view and your stay in general. Please stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to this Gala Dinner and spent the night at the Hyatt. It is a very attractive property and the service was exceptional. The room was quiet and clean. The valet stand was prompt and friendly and the personnel at the front desk were efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the 14th Floor. International Plaza and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us after attending the Gala. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your night with us! You pointed out our friendly and prompt valet staff and we appreciate the kind words. We train all our employees to perform at the highest standard, and our valet staff is no exception. We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hubby surprised me with a weekend trip to Atlanta for my birthday, and he got a Travelocity Top Secret Hotel deal for this location. I thought the hotel was beautiful, the room was super nice. We got room service, which was pricey (as expected), but was delish. The only drawback here is the required valet parking which was not cheap, but we got such a great deal on the room we didn't mind. Good location. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us and thanks to your husband for surprising you with a weekend trip to Atlanta (and to our property)! Glad you enjoyed the beauty of the hotel, which has recently been fine-tuned after a $65 million renovation. We do hope you will stay with us again, soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Attended a conference in the hotel. Had never stayed at this one before but it is a great hotel. Updated rooms, nice amenities. Lobby Bar is very nice, Club level was great but they do need to be open more on the weekends. Accommodated early check ins with no questions. Would definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay while attending a conference at our property! Our lobby bar, Twenty-Two Storys, is a great place to simply relax, enjoy a local brew and kick your feet up for the day (or cheer on your favorite team on one of 17 tvs. We encourage it! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here the last week in April on business and enjoyed the place. I took the metro rail from the airport and the stop was next to the hotel and was there in 21 minutes. The atrium is very nice along the the quick check in. I used the kiosk check in even though there was one one person in line ahead of me. The hotel has been extensively refurbished to the tune of many millions of dollars. The bar area is in the open in the lobby and very nice to sit back and relax with or without friends. The room was very nice. No complaints from me. It was a nice stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for pointing out the easy access from the airport to the hotel. You simply hop on one train and it drops you off next door to the hotel (with connecting sky bridges for convenience)! And yes, we did just complete a $65 renovation, which included our lobby bar Twenty-Two Storys. Good to know you enjoyed all the hotel has to offer. We hope you will stay with us again, soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The staff here is amazing. They were able to accommodate my every request, even though the hotel was "sold out". They not only found me a room at a great rate, but they also extended my stay when my plans changed...and all with a gracious smile. With over 1600 attendees at a conference, they still found time to be professional and efficient.

The update to all the rooms is modern and comfortable and it was a pleasure to have all new fixtures and decor. The fitness room was complete with working and modern machines as well as a complete selection of free weights, exercise balls, etc. A great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Wow, thanks for your comments. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Even though we are a busy hotel with many great events, we work hard to accommodate every guest need, right down to the toothbrush! Glad we could be of service. Hope you can stay with us again, soon.