“Modern and pretty view”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #37 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love the lobby of this hotel. Very swank and modern. The rooms air conditioner could have been better. It has a loud noise every time it turns on and off which is often and it said 65 but was not 65 degrees. I loved the fact that their is a cool bar area and market to purchase milk, sandwiches, flat bread pizzas, drinks, etc. Valet parking was $32 but very convenient and easy to use.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thanks so much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed our 24-hour Market, which we designed to be a convenient option for grab and go items. Hope you can stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

All hotels have good rooms and less desirable rooms. The rooms in the radius tower are small. The queen size bed takes up almost the whole space with little excess room. Then, I was awaken by the heat and air handler making a loud "boom" noise before turning off. Others had the same experience in their rooms.

I asked for a new room the next day and receivhed great prompt professional service. The new room in the main tower was great! Spacious (two doubles), modern, great view and quiet. So try to avoid the rooms in the radius tower.

All staff I encountered throughout my 3 day stay were fabulous! Professional and helpful.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We are happy you had an overall great experience during your stay with us. We apologize for any discomfort you initially encountered, but are pleased to hear our employees took great (professional and prompt) care of your needs. We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta while attending a conference. My room was very nice, the bed was comfortable and the decor restful. One strange thing that seemed out of alignment was that there were no glasses in the room, just paper cups. But when I brought that omission to the attention of a hotel staffer, she got me a glass immediately.

The really notable thing about my stay, however, was the staff. They delivered excellent service, with good cheer, with attention to detail and with real kindness. During the conference, at a workshop I attended, we discussed employee performance that makes a competitive difference and agreed the staff at the Hyatt Regency exemplify truly excellent service. I didn't note the names of everyone who gave such great service, but three people really stood out for me: Mirna at 22 Storys, Varice at Sway, and Regina at the Front Desk. Great job, all of you! And thank you!

Room Tip: I just took what they gave me. My room was on the 14th floor (yeah, I know). It was clean, quiet a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your kind words about our staff and their high quality customer service! To know you and your colleagues were blown away by our employee’s attention to detail and genuine southern hospitality is greatly appreciated. We train all our employees to meet, and succeed, high standards of quality. Your personal shout outs to specific hotel associates has been shared and, as always, met by a humbled heart. Thank you for your review and we do hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Incredibly great food for a conference. The wait staff was remarkably friendly and at your service. Starbucks in the lobby. On the Marta line. Shopping nearby. Easy to check in and out. Kiosk for checking out quickly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us! Happy to hear you enjoyed the food, as our culinary team puts such high efforts into their product. And yes, we do proudly serve Starbucks coffee at the Market, located in our lobby. Available 24/7 to help meet the need of every early riser and night owl. Hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I lived in Atlanta when the Regency was built and opened with great and deserving fanfare (call me Emory Professor then). It was Portman's masterpiece and, not surprisingly it has maintained much of its glitter, but not without some minor, shop-worn evidence (for example, some of the fabric wall linings in the corridors have separated from the wall.) But, it is still a very attractive and impressive property. And, recent redecoration and new furniture in the rooms help immensely. All in all, it remains visually very attractive. There was a lot to like, but all was not perfection. Here are the negatives followed by the positives. For the most part, I view the negatives as relatively minor, but the readers can decide for themselves. They kept me from rating it with 5 stars.

The Negatives:
The room safe would not lock.
Instead of real drinking glasses, we were initially provided only with cardboard coffee cups.
My spouse described the hair dryer as the worst she had ever encountered in a hotel. In fact, it just quit after a while.
We were on the Regency Club Level which provides breakfast except on the weekend. As we were there on a weekend day we were told simply to eat at the main restaurant, charge it to the room, and the charges would be eliminated. They were not.
To get to the Regency Club Level (22nd floor) one had to insert the room key in a slot in the elevator. We had nothing but trouble with the key and the elevator. On more then one occasion we rode up but were unable to get to 22 and had to ride down and try again. Very frustrating.
We stayed for 3 nights but were charged of 4 nights of valet parking @$32 per night.

The Positives
As indicated above, the property is visually appealing and the rooms nicely furnished.
The staff was very friendly and helpful as indicated by, among other things:
When I complained about the safe it was promptly repaired (needed new batteries).
After requesting real drinking glasses, they were provided.
After complaining about the hair dryer, a brand new, better one was provided.
When I called the front desk about the extra breakfast charge and the extra valet parking charge the charges were immediately removed and an apology was provided.
On the days that it was provided, the breakfast at the Regency Club was really quite nice as were the Hors d’oeuvres in the evening.

1  Thank MemphisProfessor

Thank you for staying with us and for always seeing the beauty in our property since the very beginning! We apologize for anything you found to be sub-par during your stay. However, we appreciate you bringing these to our attention during your trip. Our staff is always willing to assist in any situation in order to make your stay as relaxing and accommodating as possible. The Regency Club is a great treat for those who stay on the Regency level. Happy to know you enjoyed your stay (and hors d’oeuvres). We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very beautiful rooms that are well appointed and updated beautifully, very modern! Concierge was very helpful in telling us the best way to get to Philips arena via the Marta or driving directions/ walking. They gave us directions and maps for all three. Super convenient location to the marta. You never have to go outdoors if it's raining to reach the Marta and go anywhere in town. Super-fast elevators. Beautiful building. The only cons were the cost of valet parking which is typical in large cities and the cost of snacks/ sundries in the hotel shop. We didn't have any towels in our room which was weird but a quick call to the front desk and they brought them right up. Overall, would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Justtravel33
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Atlanta! We are located in the heart of downtown with convenient access to multiple must-see attractions, exhibits, shopping and meeting spaces. Those skybridges are always a blessing during bad weather or when you simply need to get from place to place quickly. Happy to hear you found your way around, with help from our Concierge, with ease! We do hope you will stay us soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta 4/23 - 4/26 for a conference. I checked in after a long evening of travel and was tired. I was able to check in relatively quickly and the agent pointed in the direction of the tower that my room was in. I headed that direction but somehow made a major detour and unknowingly ended up in the lobby of the Marriott Marquis that is next door and connected by a sky bridge. The Hyatt Regency AND the Marriott Marquis have several sky bridges and are huge! After a 20 minute frustrating detour, I found my way back to the correct lobby and asked again how to get to my room. The new agent showed so much empathy and walked me to my tower without making me feel like an idiot. The rest of my experience at the hotel was amazing from that point on. Every single staff person I interacted with was friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make your stay perfect. This ranges from the folks cleaning your room, to the front desk, to the folks tending to our conference in the same hotel. As a bonus, the gym was spectacular. It was huge in terms of hotel gyms. They provide free towels, cool wet towels, water, fresh fruit, wet wipes, 10 or so treadmills, 4 or so bikes, 4 ellipticalls, free weights, matts, exercise balls, etc. I was blown away. The 22 story lobby was gorgeous and the retro 1967 glass elevators were funky and cool to look at. Several cool restaurants were located close by and there is a big police presence locally to ensure your safety. All in all recommend this gem of a hotel!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words! It is always wonderful to her how our employees go above and beyond to service every guest’s needs. The hotel is a large property, but our goal is to make every guest feel at home and well accommodated. Glad to hear you enjoyed our StayFit gym facility, which is open 24 hours to fit into anyone's busy schedule. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel in the city of Atlanta. We do hope to see you again, soon!