“Hyatt Regency-Very Nice Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #38 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I stayed in one king room, on the 21st floor, of the Atrium Tower.
The room was large, very clean and with nice furniture. The bathroom is small, for the size of the room, but it is fine. I could not hear any noise from the lobby area and it was quiet during the day and at night. The hotel personnel was very professional and attentive. Unless you have a car, your options are very limited to things very near by. I went to a McDonalds( 1/2 block away) for breakfast and I left before ordering; panhandlers and vagrants are very common in this area of the city, otherwise walking would be an enjoyable experience.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Atlanta

Reviewed April 26, 2008

I was a little nervous about staying after reading some negative reviews. However, we didn't experience any problems. We were met at the vehicle for valet parking upon arrival. Went to the check
in and had a very courteous clerk and were in our room in about 10 minutes. Room was smaller, in the Radius Tower, but was clean and we really couldn't have asked for anything better. The hotel was full but we never heard any noise from our room. The location is great, its close to everything and walking distance to many of the downtown attractions. MARTA is also right there.

We booked this room through priceline, and for the price, I couldn't have been happier with the results. I would definitely stay there again and plan to when visiting the downtown Atlanta area.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AttalaRay
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Yeah I can not say this is a super cute hotel. it is ok. I find that in the lobby the noise can echo and carry up to the floors which are open to the lobby. I prefer to stay in the closed towers above the convention center area.

The bed is comfy. The furnishings are nice. During the convention. The rooms are always clean. They are smaller than some other hotels near by. The location is great. It is convenient to everything. The top floors have a wonderful view.

I attend there is a huge customer service problem in that they do not promise double rooms to anyone. I understand that everyone at this convention wants the rooms with two beds since they often share rooms and cut the costs. However it should be first come first serve on the ressies not when you check in.

Over all though the staff is friendly. They do not look at the people who attend this convention as freaks. A problem I have seen at other hotels and conventions. This is proof of their superior customer service.

The restaurant inside is almost as much money for oatmeal and coffee as it is for the breakfast buffet. That is astronomical. The restaurant is well taken care of though.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2008

I am currently staying at this property while on business (Room 2001) I have stayed at all the downtown luxury hotels and this without a doubt is the best of them all. I have a lovely room with a balcony and yes the bathroom is small but that is how they designed them in the 60's. I am in the Atrium Tower and I can't figure out why some reviewer's have said it is noisy as my room has been very quiet. The staff is outstanding, very friendly, very professional and above all SERVICE ORIENTED! The property is stylish, very clean and full of positive energy. Kudos to the management staff, they know how to run a luxury property. Oh, did I mention they are going through a complete renovation? Great workout facility/JM

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Savannahone
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I stayed at the downtown Atlanta Hyatt Regency for 4 nights in early April 2008. I thought the hotel was nice. Parking and the check-in process was fast and pleasant. My room was on the 10th floor of the International Tower with a decent city view of other hotels and buildings along Peachtree St. I had a king-bed and the room was spacious and clean. My coworker stayed in the Radius Tower and had a small room, so request the International Tower. Daily maid service was great and the bellhops were fast and courteous. My only complaint was the high prices at the hotel restaurants, but you can expect that at a downtown hotel. The dinner buffet was $18.50 and although good, the selection was not as varied as I would have expected for the price. If you are on a budget like I am, there is a great little Chinese place about a 2 minute walk from the hotel called Mandarin House. Their lunch buffet is pretty good and only $6.95!! There is a Steak and Ale down the street from the hotel that was also good. There's a nice little bakery store directly across the street from the hotel if you are in the mood for tasty muffins/pastries/etc. The GA Acquarium is also just 4 blocks down from the hotel. Overall my 4-night stay was pleasant and I would stay there again. My only advice would be to avoid walking downtown late at night due to the panhandlers and homeless folks you may encounter. That rule probably applies to all major cities. But I felt perfectly safe during the day though.

2  Thank KROG7
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta because I was attending a conference at the same hotel. I booked a Radius Tower Queen for $159 a night (conference rate).

Check-in: The hotel offers check-in kiosks, which I declined. As soon as the woman behind the counter told me that she had a double bed available for me, I stopped her. I had read enough reviews on Trip Advisor to know that the Radius Tower was more modern and renovated. She told me there were no other rooms available, but I persisted. After a few phone calls and a trip to the Manager's office, she found a room. She was very helpful, but only because I insisted. I did tip her for the extra trouble.

Room 1926: Room was as described in previous reviews. Modern, renovated, but small. Ok for one person, but might be tight for two. Plasma TV was nice and could be angled toward the bed for better viewing. There was also a chair & ottoman, desk and ironing board in the room. Bed was a bit too firm for me, but not uncomfortable.

Room Service: The first night, I ordered a pot of coffee via the door hanger for the next morning. The coffee never arrived, although the hanger was gone.

Service: I went to the front desk to make sure the coffee was not charged to my room (since I never received it). Front desk was very apologetic and offered me a free buffet breakfast for the next morning. I thought this was great customer service, especially since I didn't even ask for the free breakfast. Also, every hotel employee I encountered smiled and greeted me, even in the hallways.

Area: I spent most of my time in the hotel attending meetings, so I didn't see much of the area. However, there is a nice sandwich place across the street that was good for lunch. Also, we went to dinner at Dailys, which was close by. Nice martini/jazz bar with a restaurant upstairs - recommended.

I've stayed in Atlanta before, at various hotels. The Hyatt was okay - not wonderful, but no complaints. It is close to Marta, if you need public transportation. If you can get a good deal online and need to stay downtown, the Hyatt will do.

Reviewed April 5, 2008

If you want to go to a place with great prices, Hyatt Regency Atlanta is the way to go. I got my room for $155 a night. If you want even mediocre customer service, then STAY CLEAR. This place has the worse customer service of any hotel I have ever stayed at.

When I complained to management, their response was "That's just how it is." I wrote to Hyatt corporation directly, and got no response. Hyatt has lost their customer service image in my mind. I would suggest the Marriott next door or the Hilton a few more doors down.

• Stayed: March 2008