“The feeling of welcome and hospitality was certainly in the air.”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #38 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Recently I attended my first conference in downtown Atl and chose this hotel because I had previously stayed at Hyatt Place Atl – East/Lithonia and its connection to Peachtree Center and MARTA train system. I was not disappointed. Although only valet parking for a fee is offered, I included the cost in my hotel reservation plus tips. It was nice to drive up, get your personal items from inside the vehicle and have the parking attendants & bellhops do the rest, which included delivering luggage to our room. Beats parking down the street who knows where and I wasn’t willing to find out once I arrived.

From the time we pulled up until the time we left three (3) days later, the staff was very polite and pleasant and we were always greeted with a smile and/or “Good Morning, how is your stay?” They were happy to assist if we did have a question or did not know where to go.

The convenience of having the luggage hold area and valet parking at checkout allowed us to enjoy all events the last day of the conference without time constraints.

I will definitely start with this hotel whenever my family and friends come to visit the great State of GA and want an Atlanta experience.

When the feeling of welcome is not present, your stay is not a pleasant one. Thanks Hyatt for the Welcome!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ijada_12
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your review . We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. We look forward to you stay with us again on your next visit to the city!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

There are definite positives and negatives about this place. Ergo, the "average" review.

Let's start with the positives: This hotel is very extravagant, and it is honestly very nice. The elevators are great and very efficient. The nightclub scene was super busy and seemed to be very "happening". The woman who checked me in was very pleasant. The room was super clean and really modern.

Now the negatives: There are no carts for the "Average Joe" to use to get your luggage up to your room. You either use a bellhop (who is super itchin' to get his tip) or you are out of luck. I am a father of 4, so I quickly became a pack-mule. Parking? Yeah, try $32/night! If you don't want to use that parking, you can use a garage a few blocks away for $18/night. I decided to use the $18/night (begrudgingly), and when I got over there, there was no person in the booth. He was asleep in his car!!! LOL. Moral of the story....I got a free night of parking. The bellhops and parking attendants are a trip! A couple of them were really helpful, but the rest were really grumpy and bossy. Get ready to be herded like cattle. Don't expect free wi-fi. Don't expect complimentary ANYTHING! They nickle and dime you to death, but that is what they do at these ritzy places.

There was a coffee shop in the lobby. It is not Starbucks, but my wife said that it tasted about the same.

The location seems fairly safe during the day, but I would not walk around outside at night. I even heard the valet tell a woman who was going to walk a couple blocks at night, "Do NOT go by yourself." Seems like obvious advice for any woman at night, but the way he said it made me think that there have been some incidents to his knowledge.

I won't be back to this place. Not my cup of tea.

This place is great for corporate suits and rich people, but NOT for families with kids.

Room Tip: Get ready to pay out the nose for parking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zimmazimm

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you were pleased with the hotel and apologize for any of the inconvenience you experienced. We do welcome families with children as we are centrally located near many kid friendly attractions such as the Aquarium and The Children's Museum and we feature a "For Kids, By Kids" health conscious menu. We also have a 24 hour Market that we serve Starbucks coffee and locally sourced items in and we are adjacent to Peachtree Center with many additional choices for food and drinks. The city of Atlanta also provides security throughout the area as we are in a busy downtown location. We will be sure to pass your comments on to the appropriate departments for review and we do hope you give us the opportunity to wow you and your family in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at the downtown Hyatt for a couple days to attend the National Baptist Convention in early September. I have stayed at Hyatt's previously and this one did not impress me at all. The hotel's lobby and decor seemed out dated and very drab. The hallway carpeting (a mix of red/black) was not clean and seemed worn. I understand they just underwent a recent renovation. The bathroom in the room I stayed in was very small. I had requested a handicap accessible room, so I was expecting a bit more space for manevuring around the bathroom/room.

We did not have wash clothes in our room when we arrived, so we had to request them.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The food was good and it was a great buffet. All the staff that we encountered were very friendly and accommodating.

I will probably not choose to this hotel again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank onlyone129

We apologize for any inconvenience you were caused during your stay and are glad we were able to resolve your issue. We hope to have you back with us int he future. Warm Regards.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked a room from 10/4/12 through 10/7/12 through Priceline. It's a beautiful hotel, very pristine and clean. We pulled up and immediately were greated with a $32 a day valet parking charge... That's okay, we are in a busy city. We got in the room and immediately tried to get online... Wow, another charge?? We just got here! I called the front desk to confirm and they advised that I could choose from a $10, $15 or $20 a day internet service, $10 a day??! We needed wifi and submitted the $10 a day (keep in mind, that we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before for $92 and wifi was free!!). Within a hour of arriving I realized I had left something in the our vehicle. I walked down to valet and asked to be walked to our vehicle. I arrived at the vehicle, which was completely unlocked and the item I went down to get was GONE! No one knew anything, of course. It was there before we valeted our vehicle and now it was mysteriously missing. Later that night we went out for dinner, but the roll of quarters we brought for parking was also GONE! So essentially we paid $32 a day to have our truck ransacked by a bunch of thieves! Unfortunately for the hotel I am giving the lowest rating I have ever given because of our experience with theft at this hotel. We mentioned what happened to the valet, he said he was sorry. As I checked out and was asked how our stay was I mentioned it again, the girl said she was sorry... So, if you're looking for a beautiful hotel in Atlanta where you're valeted car will be ransacked and anything of value will be stolen, but they will apologize for it... This is your place.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet, very dark and very comfortable. I would think any room in this beautiful ho...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheriboo

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you were caused as this is not up to our hotel standard. We are glad that we were able to resolve your concerns and hope you will give us the opportunity to wow you in the future.
Warm Regards.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Attended a writers conference here. Hotel overall was nice but themeeting rooms could be used for meat lockers. Several people were actually shivering and had to leave the room as I did once. Second downer was the food. Extremely heavy and carb laden. A sandwich which was 90% bread (with no mayo or mustard - dry.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not find the meeting space or food enjoyable and will pass your comments on those departments for review.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

very happy i chose to stay here for 4 nights on business.Room was well laid out with most conveniences.Great view from my room.Its close to so many things from the adjoining mall/food court to the 24 hour CVS pharmacy and the marta transit.Everyone was courteous and helpful and served with a smile.Katarina, who helped me resolve an issue i had with my room when i first checked in is an ace employee.The ladies in the market and housekeeping were great.This means a lot when you're away from home and missing family and friends.Hotel is in a great location.Lots to do if you have the time.Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be sure to pass your message on to Katarina and look forward to you visiting with us again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had book this hotel via priceline name your own price so as you know you take a chance, but I glad I did. This hotel is superb. I stayed two nights at the end of September. The hotel was nice, great staff, great attractions nearby (namely Georgia Aquarium & Centennial Olympic Park). I didn't try any of the hotel's restaurants but the bar 22 stories was nice. The also have a well-appointed gym with everything you need opened 24 hours. My only complaint is the expensive valet parking. A tip: when you get there, tell the attendant you want sel-parking and he will direct you to an offsite parking garage not even a half block away (31 Baker Street) and let the garage attendant there know you in-and-out privileges and it'll cut your parking nearly in half ($18 vs $35 a night at the hotel)

Room Tip: Stayed in the International Tower 28th floor , could still hear street noise even though I was high...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank muscleG

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our wonderful staff and the convenient area attentions. We look forward to your visiting with us again soon!